• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront 3 - A Leak Reveals New Game Details

kyussman

I had a great time with the first one for 200hrs......was a real nostalgia blast and I felt like I was back playing on the carpet with my Star Wars action figures as a boy.....I didn't touch the second one though,I'm over it now,lol.

Neolombax

Really? The second one totally turned it around

Don't get me wrong, BF2 by the last content update turned into a very good game. Would've thought it would be more efficient if they updated that game instead of working on a sequel. I think between the sparse content releases for BF2, some fans (myself included) were willing to pay for a an expansion if it meant more frequent content being added.

Spearheadz

I hope they massively rework the stupid card shit. I miss the openness of the original series. Run around and find a tank? Jump in and kill a ton of troopers.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I want to be excited but I think DIce has proven they have no idea or had no intention of making the games be the same type of games as the original. They aren't Battlefront games in spirit in any capacity.

For that reason I will be skipping whatever they do at launch and play it when it inevitably hits EA Play.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I hope they make it in the spirit of Battlefront 2015 that game was crazy fun I still play it at least once a month.....I loathe Battlefront 2 (2017) gameplay wise I've never been more disappointed in a video game I sold my PS4 it was so bad

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
factory-greedo.jpg
Battlefront 2 2017 kinda wore out it’s welcome it came out with the best graphics and it can be extremely fun BUT it was never Battlefront 2015 levels of greatness.
Battlefront 2015 was loaded with DLC maps (Outer Rim, Bespin, Death Star etc.) Dice threw a party with that game.
u8mwx7t3vl541.jpg

Battlefront 2’s issues were loot boxes and changing heroes vs villains.

I hope it's more like the first than the second, except for starfighter combat and hero selection (not class selection, that was trash, let me mix and match my looks, jetpacks and weapons as I wish). The second also has some of the least inspired map layout I've every played in a MP game. Ever single map followed the same straight funnel layout. Start wide and narrow down as the match progressed to the point where you've got 60 players crammed in a tiny space. So trash, DICE is so trash now, I have little faith in this game or the next Battlefield.

I preferred the first one over the second in terms of star cards and things. I liked that you could permanently have a jet pack. Hope they return to that. The second one looked much better than the first even though the first was stunning.
am interested to see how they can make this look on next gen

I don't know if the second one looked a lot better. The graphics looked pretty amazing in the first, still do, and skyboxes, especially on maps like Jakku or Outer Rim were insane, character models were way better in two though.

Last edited:

BigBooper

"Starfighter Assault and Galactic Assault will be merged" Really bad idea. If people don't want to play Starfighter Assault, it's not because it's in a separate queue. It's because it sucks.

I really like BF2 after hating BF1, but the maps are mostly bad. They really need to focus on map design and not have so many bottleneck corridors.

Also, hero units need to allow first person. As someone who plays first person as a soldier all the time, when I then switch to a hero I end up doing poorly because I'm not used to third person. It's not a great design. Works fine with lightsabers, not with anything else.

lefty1117

Gold Member
"Starfighter Assault and Galactic Assault will be merged" Really bad idea. If people don't want to play Starfighter Assault, it's not because it's in a separate queue. It's because it sucks.

I really like BF2 after hating BF1, but the maps are mostly bad. They really need to focus on map design and not have so many bottleneck corridors.

Also, hero units need to allow first person. As someone who plays first person as a soldier all the time, when I then switch to a hero I end up doing poorly because I'm not used to third person. It's not a great design. Works fine with lightsabers, not with anything else.
Starfighter Assault was fun, just limited maps and was never really addressed or developed after launch. Now if they combine SA and GA and you can transition seemlessly between the two, like run to a hangar and grab a fighter as you could in the original Battlefront ... now you have something

Combining Starfighter Assault and Galactic Assault? Me like. Must learn more

More than likely that they mean SA is getting the axe and they will just have more starfighters in GA. We'll see though.

Fingers crossed that they go for a mode that moves from Starfighter focused in one round to ground level in another. I have a feeling they wont though since people who want to play starfighters wont want to play infantry and vice versa.

This might be the one I end up getting. The first game was cool but lacked content. The second game eventually shaped up nice. If they can make it more like that one from the start and have next gen graphics, baby I'm there.

there is some Battlefront 2015 revisionist history going on....that game was one of the worst games i played last gen.

the sequel is better. Not by a lot. but still better. I hate the star card thing. I hate the vehicle system in both of them.
ultimately the core problem with these games is DICE forgot how to make a shooter that feels good, sometime after Battlefield 4.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Happy to see I'm not the only one who preferred BF1.

I'm down for a third. Would look amazing on current gen systems.

Roufianos

I preferred the first one over the second in terms of star cards and things. I liked that you could permanently have a jet pack. Hope they return to that. The second one looked much better than the first even though the first was stunning.
am interested to see how they can make this look on next gen
I agree. The first one just played better in my opinion. It was short on content but it's one of my favourite MP games of all time.

Imotekh

The second was brilliant by mid to end. It's a real shame so much PR damage was done initially. Even beyond the star cards thing there were systems like lightsabre combat which went through multiple revisions before it was close to right. I would definitely play a 3rd

ManaByte

The second was brilliant by mid to end. It's a real shame so much PR damage was done initially. Even beyond the star cards thing there were systems like lightsabre combat which went through multiple revisions before it was close to right. I would definitely play a 3rd

Sadly people just remember the loot boxes and won't listen about how great the game is now.

II_JumPeR_I

I liked the Hoth map on the 2015 version better for some reason
Battlefront 2015 in general had better maps.
Some map locations looked worse in Battlefront 2 for some reason same as effects and physics.
That thermal imploder in Battlefront 1 has the sexiest sound and effects ive ever heard and seen.
Here is a good comparison of that

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Battlefront 2015 in general had better maps.
Some map locations looked worse in Battlefront 2 for some reason same as effects and physics.
That thermal imploder in Battlefront 1 has the sexiest sound and effects ive ever heard and seen.
Here is a good comparison of that

Battlefront 1 looks like a movie that used a ton of practical effects and was shot on location, while Battlefront 2 looks like a movie where everything you see is CGI, if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom