• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen has raised over $300 million now

magaman

Banned
Like I said, I know its a rought time right now...but my personal timeframe is 2 years. If they can't deliver SOME of their promises, not all of them but something like SQ42 and server meshing in those two years then count me in on Team #It'llneverbefinished

I actually agree with you. And you may be surprised to hear that I want it to succeed because the idea of this game in its completed state is insane. Server meshing would be huge. The inclusion of physicalized components would be another big one, and usher in repair/salvage gameplay. These 4 things (meshing, physicalized components, and two tier 0 career paths) would really, really, really help.

Starfield

I actually agree with you. And you may be surprised to hear that I want it to succeed because the idea of this game in its completed state is insane. Server meshing would be huge. The inclusion of physicalized components would be another big one, and usher in repair/salvage gameplay. These 4 things (meshing, physicalized components, and two tier 0 career paths) would really, really, really help.
Atleast youre someone who is trying to have a meaningful conversation rather than straight up trolling or drive by posting. Thanks for that...and yes, these things need to happen. I am not a blind fool. Im waiting since years but...FOR NOW...I can understand why its taking so long. Ask me again in 2 years.

magaman

Banned
Atleast youre someone who is trying to have a meaningful conversation rather than straight up trolling or drive by posting. Thanks for that...and yes, these things need to happen. I am not a blind fool. Im waiting since years but...FOR NOW...I can understand why its taking so long. Ask me again in 2 years.

This game aims to do more than any other before it. There are huge, huge hurdles to this. I'm aware of the challenges but I'm of the mindset that the SC community needs a big win in the next 12 months for the community to not turn to cancer.

Starfield

This game aims to do more than any other before it. There are huge, huge hurdles to this. I'm aware of the challenges but I'm of the mindset that the SC community needs a big win in the next 12 months for the community to not turn to cancer.
Take it with a grain of salt but theres rumours, or insider information that SQ42 release date is Q2 2021 with a possible delay to Q3 but they dont want to make that release date public cuz you know...dont really have to spell that out for you

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I've spent around 250$ over 6 years to get the ship I want. People spend way more on ingame transactions in other games or even mobile games.

250/6 years is around 40$ per year.

Lets say....2 years. If SQ42 still isn't out in atleast its first iteration and server meshing isn't in the PU then I will admit this game might never come out in the desired state. Right now everything's fine.

If you don't follow the game's development its no wonder you don't understand jack shit.
$250 .....On a 'game' that isn't a 'game'. It's been 8 years.

It’s not much. I have thousands of $ in this project.
306188.jpg

Starfield

btw heres a fairly good progress update report for Star Citizen:

Obviously whoever made this doesn't know what is happening behind the curtain but he's working with whats available and I admire that

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Do i have to shame for it? I don’t care, same as people that spent a lot more on shit that isn’t any good for you.

Of course I spent your money or not?
I thought you might be trolling. But you are serious? You spent $thousands on virtual ships in a non-existant 'game'. They are trolling YOU.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I thought you might be trolling. But you are serious? You spent $thousands on virtual ships in a non-existant 'game'. They are trolling YOU.

It's a mmo, so it already exists. they will expand it further, but there will be no real release of Star Citizen. This is something Squadron 42 will get.

Well then they have trolled almost 3 million backers so far.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
It's a mmo, so it already exists. they will expand it further, but there will be no real release of Star Citizen. This is something Squadron 42 will get.

Well then they have trolled almost 3 million backers so far.
Ok. Fair enough. But are you at all a little concerned?

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Ok. Fair enough. But are you at all a little concerned?

Not really. I was for a time, but i’ve met a lot of CIG devs over the years. Some already working for other studios atm, and some of the devs where from my own country (The Netherlands), so i know a lot about whats going on with the project. I do believe some things could have been better like some of the communication.

Also, I would have preferred some game mechanically earlier and that certain priorities were different. I have seen people that have spend even over the 15K, 20K and even around 50K.

Really insane amounts of money.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Not really. I was for a time, but i’ve met a lot of CIG devs over the years. Some already working for other studios atm, and some of the devs where from my own country (The Netherlands), so i know a lot about whats going on with the project. I do believe some things could have been better like some of the communication.

Also, I would have preferred some game mechanically earlier and that certain priorities were different. I have seen people that have spend even over the 15K, 20K and even around 50K.

Really insane amounts of money.
Ok. good! BTW any word if this may come to consoles?

magaman

Banned
Bumping this to share the latest updates. Two more items have been removed from the upcoming patch. Missile improvements are now pushed to 2021. Just incredible to see this level of mismanagement. Indie games move much faster at this.

In the interim, check out Dual Universe. It just went into beta with server meshing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom