• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stan Lee, who was exploited for the last few years of his life, will now be exploited posthumously!

Marvel has signed a 20-year deal with Stan Lee Universe, a venture between Genius Brands International and POW! Entertainment, to license the name and likeness of Lee for use in future feature films and television productions, as well as Disney theme parks, various “experiences” and merchandising.

Here's a great write-up about how he was being exploited, for those that don't know:
And also this sad video of him being told how to sign his own name at a Comic Con, which most people have dubbed "Weekend at Stan's":

Get ready for a ton of appearances from CGI Peter Cushing Stan Lee in movies & Disney+ shows from now on...

Congrats to his PoS of a daughter (who, by most accounts, is a psychopath that abused & exploited both of her parents) and Disney, I guess?

For more information on the last few years of his life:

Rest in Peace as a CGI zombie for perpetuity, Stan Lee

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Do we have evidence that this was done against his family's will? He loved being apart of the MCU. I have a hard time believing they are doing this without any care or attention to him or his family.

This feels like a "Fuck Disney! Yeah!" kind of reaction.

FunkMiller

Bom Dia Hello GIF

BigBooper

That's weird. Wouldn't the people who even know who he is not want to see random CGI cameos? Nobody else would even care. Nothing good can come from this.

FunkMiller

The most appropriate cameo for this poor dead exploited fucker would be if in an episode of that She-Hulk nonsense, she goes to draw some money out of an ATM, and the machine is just Stan Lee's corpse hung on a wall, with the cash being dispensed from his puckered asshole.

That'd be just about the most accurate way of 'honouring' his memory.

Turnt

Real ones, not fake CGI ones of dead people used as a "Big draw for some people".

I can't wait for Humphrey Bogards cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy 3.
I think a lot of people just want to recognise a thing they know on screen. I doubt they care if it’s CGI or not. So many of those post-credits scenes are just “check it out, it’s this guy!”

Toots

Gold Member

Here's a great write-up about how he was being exploited, for those that don't know:
And also this sad video of him being told how to sign his own name at a Comic Con, which most people have dubbed "Weekend at Stan's":

Get ready for a ton of appearances from CGI Peter Cushing Stan Lee in movies & Disney+ shows from now on...

Congrats to his PoS of a daughter (who, by most accounts, is a psychopath that abused & exploited both of her parents) and Disney, I guess?

For more information on the last few years of his life:

Rest in Peace as a CGI zombie for perpetuity, Stan Lee

Big thanks OP for your eyes opening post !
Disney people really are the dregs of humanity :messenger_hushed:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I think this is more along the lines of having pictures or images of his face used ON something in a movie. Not a CGI or deep fake of him.

Do we have evidence that this was done against his family's will? He loved being apart of the MCU. I have a hard time believing they are doing this without any care or attention to him or his family.
I included links and videos about his exploitation for you to judge for yourself. The evidence against his daughter is pretty damning, including pictures of her mother with bruises after she abused her. This isn't about "what the family wants" (which is money), it's about the poor guy not being able to rest in peace because of greedy parasites like his daughter and multi-billion dollar companies wanting to parade him around as a CGI zombie
I think this is more along the lines of having pictures or images of his face used ON something in a movie. Not a CGI or deep fake of him.
It says his likeness will be used in "experiences" in theme parks, which could mean anything, including a CGI Stan Lee on a screen while waiting in line, etc.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Continued use of while living Stan Lee interview clips or whatnot seems fine to me.

Creating "new" Stan Lee content.... eeww. Given they wouldn't recast Carrie Fisher or Chadwick Bozeman it seems like a lot of Disney actors are gonna start seeing posthumous use clauses in their contracts going forward. Hell, I bet they'd use a cg Alec Guinness for Obi Wan if they could.

A statue of Stan outside a marvel theme park attraction = good. Crafting deep fake videos of him to profit his vulture daughter = bad.

NickFire

He seemed to really love the fantasy world he created. I have a tough time believing he wouldn’t be ok with continued use of him in it.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
He seemed to really love the fantasy world he created. I have a tough time believing he wouldn’t be ok with continued use of him in it.
Yeah I don't have a problem with the general idea of this, but I think for people who were alive when this kind of deal could feasibly be made they should be the only one who can make it. And in this particular case it is distasteful due to his treatment before he died.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The elder abuse thing, very sad.

His estate making money off his likeness? Get dat scrilla. Estates do this all of the time. No reason to leave money on the table.

I want Stan Lee mob boss Disney park experience. Holographic - in a big fur coat, Jesus piece medallion, hopping up on a long table that he and all the other mobsters were meeting around. "Excelsior mothafucka!" he screams as he brings a sledgehammer down on a fool's head. Parents and children gasp from their adjacent train.

Hugare

Ressurrecting dead celebrities is just tasteless

Dude will be remembered constantly due to the MCU

They can use snipets from old interviews and etc. in the movies if they are creative enough

But Hollywood gonna Hollywood

PS: Watched that Black Mirror episode "Black Museum" yesterday, and that whole "dead person hologram" part fits right in with this shit

Batiman

Banned
From how I seen Stan. He’d probably love it. It’s not like people are running to see movies because Stan lee has a cameo in them, so that whole greedy Disney doesn’t make much sense to me. He’s not selling tickets. Seems like a nice homage to him. That’s just my opinion

Thaedolus

This isn't about "what the family wants" (which is money), it's about the poor guy not being able to rest in peace because of greedy parasites like his daughter and multi-billion dollar companies wanting to parade him around as a CGI zombie
Obviously I think it’s abhorrent to use an elder in the way he appears to have been used in life, but lol @ giving two shits about this affecting his resting in peace. Dude’s dead, he doesn’t care. If his daughter is a piece of shit who doesn’t deserve more money from the estate, fine take issue with that, but if mouth breathers get a little thrill out of seeing some CG recreation of him in these dumb movies and it makes the estate money, have at it. If it were me I wouldn’t care, especially if they gave me rock hard abs and a giant swinging hog.

Ressurrecting dead celebrities is just tasteless

Dude will be remembered constantly due to the MCU

They can use snipets from old interviews and etc. in the movies if they are creative enough

But Hollywood gonna Hollywood

PS: Watched that Black Mirror episode "Black Museum" yesterday, and that whole "dead person hologram" part fits right in with this shit

10 years ago

Last edited:
Obviously I think it’s abhorrent to use an elder in the way he appears to have been used in life, but lol @ giving two shits about this affecting his resting in peace. Dude’s dead, he doesn’t care. If his daughter is a piece of shit who doesn’t deserve more money from the estate, fine take issue with that, but if mouth breathers get a little thrill out of seeing some CG recreation of him in these dumb movies and it makes the estate money, have at it. If it were me I wouldn’t care, especially if they gave me rock hard abs and a giant swinging hog.
As lowly peasants, I'm sure most of us wouldn't have a problem with our likeness being used for our estate posthumously. But we're not talking about peasants, we're talking about celebrities with abusive kids that took advantage of their parents at any and every given opportunity. She's 72 years old FFS, we're not talking about some 15 year old brat who doesn't know how to support herself.

As for the mouth breathers, of course they won't give a shit. They're basically Homer in that Simpsons episode with Ron Howard, gloating about this very situation:
FTGRccRXsAYNF2N

Azurro

Banned
Wait why are they groomers?

They had the CEO crying for forgiveness from the woke crowd and bowing to fight against a Florida law that prohibits talking to children about sexual activities and genders. The thing is activist teachers are promoting gender theory to children and nudging them to become trans/gay, hence grooming them to their sexual ideas. There was even an activity of a teacher telling children how to masturbate and Disney is supporting them.

It sounds like conspiracy theory because of how crazy insane it is, but it unfortunately is real.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
They had the CEO crying for forgiveness from the woke crowd and bowing to fight against a Florida law that prohibits talking to children about sexual activities and genders. The thing is activist teachers are promoting gender theory to children and nudging them to become trans/gay, hence grooming them to their sexual ideas. There was even an activity of a teacher telling children how to masturbate and Disney is supporting them.

It sounds like conspiracy theory because of how crazy insane it is, but it unfortunately is real.
Why would they be nudging them towards being trans or gay?

ManaByte

Then people leaked Zoom videos of Disney meetings that were even worse.

DKehoe

Gold Member
Soldiers in their ideology. We are in a cultural war.
So The Walt Disney Corporation is supporting the teachers to make an army of gay and trans people? What's the end goal of this culture war and why is this the method they are using to achieve it?

Top Bottom