• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stadia FAILS AGAIN! Doom Eternal will not run at 4K/60fps

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
This is a bummer. I was planning on getting it on Stadia, but it's already cheaper than launch prices for PS4. May as well save money and get it on a console if I can't have a 4K PC game.

H4ze

So show me how many people here will run the game with 60/4k...

What a useless bashing thread, Stadia is a failure, but this is just plain hatemongering

Gamernyc78

Banned
The exponential power of the cloud. It's OK like some will and have said on here 😂😂 "when Stadia upgrades its server farm gpu's well be getting 4k native",, 😂😂😂keep waiting for it.

Tarin02543

Lovely jubbly :)
0_Del-Boy.jpg

Love him as detective Frost.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Xbox One X

• DOOM Eternal on Xbox One X will up-sample to 4K (2160p) from 1800p @60 FPS.
  • The Xbox One X version of the game also supports HDR.

Stadia

• DOOM Eternal on Stadia will run at 1080p @60 FPS on HD displays and up-sample to 2160p from 1800p @60 FPS on 4K displays.
  • The Stadia version of the game also supports HDR.

So I can play D:E on my PC with a 4k monitor using Stadia service at the same quality (numbers anyway) as X1X or is there other information missing here?

MiguelItUp

My friend is 40 years old and this is how he gets. He made me realize that Nintendo games rarely are meant for anyone but children.
Lmao, I mean, it kinda makes sense though. Some adults have "little to no time" to play at home, it all depends on work, chores, family, etc. I've always been one to be like, "I mean, you can make time for things that you enjoy." but apparently there are folks out there that just can't do that. So, you have adults that play the most games on their Switch to and from work (if they use public transportation) and maybe during their lunch breaks. It's pretty unfortunate.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I just read the pro and x versions are also 1080p. That has to be a mistake, right...?
lol the original doom makes my ps4 pro go into JET mode so no it makes perfect sense

Aidah

Truth be told, even 1800p @60 is waaay more that what most PCs out there are capable of. But the input lag will most likely entirely kill Doom's gameplay anyway, so whatever.
A local experience is way better even if was 1080p/60/minimum.

STADIA does not give a fuck about your opinion guys.

STADIA is for people living in the mountains that have 5 Gb internet connections.

STADIA out.

Blond

Banned
Lmao, I mean, it kinda makes sense though. Some adults have "little to no time" to play at home, it all depends on work, chores, family, etc. I've always been one to be like, "I mean, you can make time for things that you enjoy." but apparently there are folks out there that just can't do that. So, you have adults that play the most games on their Switch to and from work (if they use public transportation) and maybe during their lunch breaks. It's pretty unfortunate.

Oh I totally get this don't get me wrong. But I've definitely started to understand that video games place in my life is more of a home thing. He asked me about my decision to sell my switch for an X1X, I explained since the N64 I've owned every consoles and end up with Mario, Smash and Zelda and I expected more from the switch but all I got was ports of games I've already played and well, Mario, Zelda and Smash end full price alternatives to modern games that look worse, play worse and still cost the same. Hence, the switch was traded for a X1X. YEAH BUT IT'S PORTABLE AND YOU CAN KILL DRAGONS ON YOUR LUNCH BREAK!!!! Yeah but if all I have is 45 minutes for lunch I could play a mobile game that fits that stop and play much better than a gimped console port.

MiguelItUp

YEAH BUT IT'S PORTABLE AND YOU CAN KILL DRAGONS ON YOUR LUNCH BREAK!!!! Yeah but if all I have is 45 minutes for lunch I could play a mobile game that fits that stop and play much better than a gimped console port.
So very true! Also, to each their own, but I know a ton of folks with large families, chores, long jobs, etc. They STILL find time to at least get a half hour or an hour of game time in, haha. it IS possible!

stranno

Ps.- Or the graphics are way better than the X, but I doubt it.
XBOX One X uses Windows 10 kernel + Direct3D 12.1.
Stadia uses Linux kernel + Vulkan.
Playstation 4 uses GNU kernel + propietary API (supposedly similar to Vulkan). I guess it also has Linux code since it is a kernel panic galore.

Last edited:
Next gen is gonna be hilarious. They can't even match current gen, when next gen comes out google needs to invest into more powerful PCs into this failing business XD.

Top Bottom