• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix unveils Final Fantasy VII DLC items that are obtainable by buying...... Butterfingers, Crunch, and Baby Ruth candy bars

Lol, that E3 2015 is looking more like a nightmare every day.

FFXIV makes tons of $$$ and can singelhandedly keep the franchise alive for another decade. Its also a good game so that helps.

Oh is that why Square spend years talking about how FFXV was the last chance (possibly) for the franchise and has to restructure the company to cut down on costs only a year or 2 ago?

bumpkin

Submitted my receipt on 3/3 and got an email yesterday with the confirmation and a code for the Tifa dynamic theme.

I saw earlier someone said something about having to spend $16 to get all of the items. How much are candy bars where you live? I got ten for 88 cents apiece at my local Walmart.

...I remember when candy bars were 49 cents. I feel old.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

JAMMA

Last warning for console wars
All you Butterfinger fanboys need to chill the fuck out about Baby Ruth. Just because people like me prefer my 12TF Baby Ruth doesn’t mean that you can’t still enjoy your 9.2TF butterfinger.

Seriously though:
Baby Ruth > Butterfinger > Crunch

Also worth noting is that these brands were recently sold to Ferrera in America and are no longer manufactured by Nestle. They definitely are smaller, butterfinger tastes different & Baby Ruth’s now seem to have significantly less nuts. Not terrible or anything, just different.

Last edited:
  • LOL

Somoza

I am not mad about this promo.
I am mad because i am pretty sure this promo is US only and even if you bite the bullet you just cant if like me, you are european.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I bought the candy Friday and just got the email w the theme. Nice! The chocolate was v nice treat as well :) Yay capitalism!

bumpkin

Can someone please tell me how many and what kind of the candies I need to buy to get all the items?
I bought 2 Butterfingers and 8 Nestle Crunch bars, the 88 cent ones in the checkout aisle at Walmart. I sent in my receipt on March 3rd, got the Tifa theme on March 7th, and actually just got the in-game item DLC codes this morning.

I have seen some of the gaming deal Twitter handles complain about their receipt being rejected. Not sure why. I just made sure that the candy bars were the only things on the receipt and got a good, clear photo of the entire piece of paper with all of the store info.

Last edited:

Pallas

Gold Member
Got my theme, I like it! Wasn’t sure what to expect but they used a very memorable scene/art piece with it.

I need to buy 4 more to get the rest. Idk about you guys but I really hate butterfingers.

I bought 2 Butterfingers and 8 Nestle Crunch bars, the 88 cent ones in the checkout aisle at Walmart. I sent in my receipt on March 3rd, got the Tifa theme on March 7th, and actually just got the in-game item DLC codes this morning.

I have seen some of the gaming deal Twitter handles complain about their receipt being rejected. Not sure why. I just made sure that the candy bars were the only things on the receipt and got a good, clear photo of the entire piece of paper with all of the store info.

Thanks a lot.

I did the same and submitted the receipt yesterday and got the Tifa theme today. The mail said that the other codes will be sent in 3-5 days but also says that I can win one more DLC code. I checked the site and not sure which one they mean. Do you have any idea?

"YOU CAN STILL SCORE 1 MORE CODE(S). "

bumpkin

I did the same and submitted the receipt yesterday and got the Tifa theme today. The mail said that the other codes will be sent in 3-5 days but also says that I can win one more DLC code. I checked the site and not sure which one they mean. Do you have any idea?

"YOU CAN STILL SCORE 1 MORE CODE(S). "
Not sure. You submitted a receipt with ten candy bars, right?

I haven’t looked at the site since I got the DLC codes in my email, so I don’t know what the message means for you. There were five codes in the email I got though (not counting the Tifa theme in the initial email).

Not sure. You submitted a receipt with ten candy bars, right?

I haven’t looked at the site since I got the DLC codes in my email, so I don’t know what the message means for you. There were five codes in the email I got though (not counting the Tifa theme in the initial email).

Yes, 2 butter one and 8 crunch ones.

Edit: I will wait for the codes in the email and then see.

Last edited:

LMJ

Bought 4 Butterfingers at Wally, receipt has been rejected twice...

Might try buying a few more tomorrow...pretty salty lol

: (
HZS4q87.jpg

HZS4q87.jpg

HZS4q87.jpg

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
finally got my DLC codes... now, to wait

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I got only 4 codes for buying 10 bars. Mailed support and no response. What is the right support id to send mail to?
In your email, there should be a link to "contact support".

Click that link and fill out the form and explain simply and clearly that you bought 10 qualifying items.

In your email, there should be a link to "contact support".

Click that link and fill out the form and explain simply and clearly that you bought 10 qualifying items.

Yeah that's what I did. But no response even after 5 days now. I guess the virus situation has impacted their response time. I think I can live without a Mako Crystal.

Pallas

Gold Member
Don’t forget these items can be downloaded now and they are a bit more then just cosmetic items.

JSoup

Banned
That it's all up and free should surprise no one. It's pretty standard for product promotion items to become free, particularly Final Fantasy product promotion items.

Top Bottom