• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix how’s about you release FF pixel remaster on console!

Skelterz

Port Final Fantasy Tactics to PC/modern consoles first.

Why there were no console ports in the first place is just another strange decision from SE.
They make strange decisions for sure I fully understand they will want to push forspoken hard come release but I seriously doubt FF pixel would eat into sales same with tactics.

Last edited:
Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF
Because I love Final Fantasy 1-6 and want them on Switch or PlayStation with trophy support.

I bought FF1 for Android, but stopped when I realized they didn't even allow controller support.

Paasei

I'm just going to pretend that you said you wanted new games instead of older ones being ported to the newer generation(s) all the time.

ManaByte

Gold Member
It probably runs on something like SDL draw routines that’s not compatible with consoles.
Curb Your Enthusiasm Bingo GIF by Jason Clarke

These are mobile titles and the PC port was an afterthought. Porting them to Switch or PS4 would require more work than Square is willing to put into $16 mobile ports of SNES games.
I'm just going to pretend that you said you wanted new games instead of older ones being ported to the newer generation(s) all the time.

Hi Jim Ryan how are you liking GAF?

Umbasaborne

Banned
Their refusal to rerelease those games and chrono trigger on consoles is baffling. I wonder if it has to do with some strange licensing agreement or something

Huh, weird decision by Square-Enix. Does that apply to all of their Android games?

Emulators are still comfy though.
Not all, but a lot, including all the FF Pixel Remasters on Android and iOS The Steam versions do allow controller support.

If they don't get console releases before I get my SteamDeck, I'll play them there.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Their refusal to rerelease those games and chrono trigger on consoles is baffling. I wonder if it has to do with some strange licensing agreement or something

Has nothing to do with licensing and everything to do with people not understanding that mobile is Square's focus for these old games where they charge $15-20 each for them.

Midn1ght

What are the difference for pixel remasters to the original?

Check out this guy's channel, he makes comprehensive review & comparison of every version of Final Fantasy from 1 to 6 including the pixel remasters.

So now final fantasy pixel remaster is complete and fully released on steam I’m wondering why there’s been no talk of a console port, I don’t really understand what the hold up is it’s like having money ready to cash in.

There are rumors about them coming to switch apparently.
final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-will-launch-for-switch-in-2022-rumour
final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-is-coming-out-for-switch-in-2022-according-to-reports/

Belthazar

Square Enix is crazy, they'll port their most obscure RPGs everywhere but relegates the legacy titles of their two biggest money makers (Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest) to mobile and steam. It's a mess and at this point I can see Bouncer having a remaster before FF 1-6 hit consoles.

The Shepard

It'll come eventually, took em ages to get 7, 8 and 9 out on console, think they like people double dipping. I also hope they release the original 10 on one disk, but that may be asking to much.

kiphalfton

This was how it was with Kingdom Hearts being released on PC.

Had SE released the 1.5 and 2.5 Remixes on PC at the same time they released it on PS3 (or even as late as the PS4 1.5+2.5 collection release in 2017) I would have paid upwards of $100 for all the games. BUT by the time they released it in 2021 I couldn’t have cared less. They took way too damn long to release them on PC and it felt like a slap in the face.

Honestly SE is a shit tier publisher. They mismanage most the final fantasy and kingdom hearts games. It’s a real travesty.

ethomaz

Banned

Check out this guy's channel, he makes comprehensive review & comparison of every version of Final Fantasy from 1 to 6 including the pixel remasters.

Thanks.

Watch it… seems like there is no perfect version but I still prefer original or PS version (sadly there is the loading times).

graywolf323

Gold Member
Not all, but a lot, including all the FF Pixel Remasters on Android and iOS The Steam versions do allow controller support.

If they don't get console releases before I get my SteamDeck, I'll play them there.
it's such a weird dumb decision since I'd probably have caved at least on FFVI if I could play it with a controller on my Apple TV

Skelterz

Because I love Final Fantasy 1-6 and want them on Switch or PlayStation with trophy support.

I bought FF1 for Android, but stopped when I realized they didn't even allow controller support.
100% I already have 7-8-9-10-10-2 on PS so it would be nice to complete the OG set on one system I still wholeheartedly believe they’ve not made a decent Mainline offline final fantasy since 10&10-2.

kunonabi

I'd care about console ports if they werent so ugly and in some cases censored.

I'm good with just listening to the new OST arrangements.

Skelterz

This was how it was with Kingdom Hearts being released on PC.

Had SE released the 1.5 and 2.5 Remixes on PC at the same time they released it on PS3 (or even as late as the PS4 1.5+2.5 collection release in 2017) I would have paid upwards of $100 for all the games. BUT by the time they released it in 2021 I couldn’t have cared less. They took way too damn long to release them on PC and it felt like a slap in the face.

Honestly SE is a shit tier publisher. They mismanage most the final fantasy and kingdom hearts games. It’s a real travesty.
It is a travesty but what I find worse about Square-enix is they try so hard to cater to everybody they forgot about what made them so special in the first place JRPG‘a used to be considered “Niche” in the west and they Square lead the charge, Now however like you say they’ve mismanaged the franchise to a point where you just can’t trust the next mainline FF anymore.

There used to be a time where they would announce a game I used to go easy not problem day one I know what I’m getting long gone are those days and what a fucking shame.

Skelterz

It probably runs on something like SDL draw routines that’s not compatible with consoles.
Dude this is a company that rewrote there golden egg FF7 for no reason other than to fuck with the OG fans. They can get it to run don’t you worry about that there just wondering how there going to break the news that the console ports will be point and click.

ethomaz

Banned
The PS version is the worst. Those blurry sprites.
By the video except from the loading it seems to be one of the best. He is talking about out of box experience.

Plus you need to see the others versions… the mobile for example to understand what is worst.

Maybe the best option is FFVI ROSE but we enter in the mod terrain here.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
By the video except from the loading it seems to be one of the best. He is talking about out of box experience.

Plus you need to see the others versions… the mobile for example to understand what is worst.

Maybe the best option is FFVI ROSE but we enter in the mod terrain here.
Pixel remaster with fixed fonts is the best version. The soundtracks are amazing.

SumJester

The only proper way to play FF III (as in the third title, you silly 90's Americans) without resorting to emulators + fan translations, really.

Last edited:

Skelterz

Furball

Why care about porting inferior version to console . I would rather take GBA , PSP version with the new soundtrack than those low effort remaster . At least those version still has more content to play

EDMIX

So now final fantasy pixel remaster is complete and fully released on steam I’m wondering why there’s been no talk of a console port, I don’t really understand what the hold up is it’s like having money ready to cash in.

inevitable

Scotty W

Gold Member
Port Final Fantasy Tactics to PC/modern consoles first.

Why there were no console ports in the first place is just another strange decision from SE.

You know, they made all 6 of these remasters simultaneously. There is no reason they couldn’t also do a Tactics rerelease at the same time.

Skelterz

In all fairness I do want new games as well but unfortunately Final fantasy games aren’t what they used to be so I’d prefer to play New JRPG’s made by other developers these days, I’d really love a port of 1-6 because to have all the classics on one console would be brilliant for me plus earning trophy’s would give them a lease of life.

Top Bottom