• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix confirms new Just Cause game in the works

Boss Mog

We revisited our studio and title portfolios from the perspective of stepping up our offering of online titles that we develop for the North American and the European market. We want to focus on creating new titles that align with our strategy, including ones that leverage new IP. The Just Cause franchise will remain our IP, and we are at work developing a new title in the franchise.

As a huge fan of the franchise who platinum'd 2, 3 and 4, I can't wait wait for a new game. The new game really needs to have co-op; that's really the next evolution for the franchise in my opinion. now we have consoles with CPUs powerful enough to handle the physics of two players causing chaos. Progression should be more like 3 than like 4; it was much better. Also they need to expand on the puzzle aspect of the "Solis Pro Tour" mode from 4. That mode was a lot of fun and made me go back and play the game even after I had gotten the platinum trophy. Hopefully the season pass content will be as good as the contents of season passes for 3 and 4.

I am psyched. I doubt we'll see anything about it during summer game fest, but just knowing for sure that they're making a new entry is enough for me.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

ryan-reynolds-but-why.gif

If you still like this series at this point you clearly hate yourself and life and you should ask god for a refund.

EDIT: I kid i kid if didn't realize lol.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Just cause was crippled by last gen CPUs. With Ryzen in theory the destruction could get crazy! Hopefully they take advantage of them.
Actually i dont agree with that. Just Cause 3 especially had some awesome explosions and destruction on PC at 60fps, and thats why the XB1 nad PS4 versions would struggle in the teens for large parts of the game.

NinjaBoiX

Just Cause 4 just doesn’t quite feel right, the controls aren’t anywhere near as satisfying as they were in JC2.

JC2 is 100% the benchmark for me, it’s the best game in the franchise by miles.

Meh.

Happy for those that likes the series, but never really understood the appeal.
I thought it was cool with 2 solely on the sandbox, base/settlement liberation aspect, exploring, easter-eggs, and the PC modding community. The third game had better base gameplay but it was so devoided of things to see and things to do (mini-games were hit or miss aside from wingsuit challenges) on the map that it couldn't hold a candle to the second game. Just Cause 4 was just bad.

Last edited:

Stuart360

More games are good but how do you keep greenlighting franchises that consistently bomb and end up on plus etc
Just Cause 3 was actually a big hit on PC and consoles, 101k user reviews on Steam, which is a lot even compared to some big name AAA games.
Just Cause 4 underperformed though from what i remember.

As a huge fan of the franchise who platinum'd 2, 3 and 4, I can't wait wait for a new game. The new game really needs to have co-op; that's really the next evolution for the franchise in my opinion. now we have consoles with CPUs powerful enough to handle the physics of two players causing chaos. Progression should be more like 3 than like 4; it was much better. Also they need to expand on the puzzle aspect of the "Solis Pro Tour" mode from 4. That mode was a lot of fun and made me go back and play the game even after I had gotten the platinum trophy. Hopefully the season pass content will be as good as the contents of season passes for 3 and 4.

I am psyched. I doubt we'll see anything about it during summer game fest, but just knowing for sure that they're making a new entry is enough for me.
Ugh SE is a terrible steward for Just Cause. Honestly wish they had sold it to Embracer or give the IP ownership to Avalanche.

CHEROKEEE

Next gen only hopefully.
THIS !! The only chance for another JC even making sense at this point would be aiming for maximum environmental Destructibility !!! And this could only be achived by going all in on next gen Hardware if at all... but I'm afraid it wont happen because y'now...'huge CrossGen install base etc.' 🙄

Top Bottom