• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces TGS lineup and schedule

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.gematsu.com/2021/09/square-enix-announces-tgs-2021-online-lineup-schedule

■ Lineup

Collection of SaGa: Final Fantasy Legend (Switch, PC [Steam], iOS, Android)
Deep Insanity: Asylum (PC [Steam], iOS, Android)
Dragon Quest X Offline (TBA)
Dragon Quest X Online (PS4, Switch, PC, Wii U, 3DS)
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius (PC, iOS, Android)
Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier (iOS, Android)
Final Fantasy XIV (PS5, PS4, PC, Mac)
Forspoken (PS5, PC)
Imperial SaGa Eclipse (PC, Smartphone)
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)
Project Triangle Strategy (Switch)
Romancing SaGa Re;Universe (iOS, Android)
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius (iOS, Android)

Kev Kev

Staring Ed Helms GIF by The Office

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I remember when Yoshida once said something about XVI development going very well and everyone started speculating that the game would be released in 1-2 years.

I understand that this game will probably not end up in development hell like XV, but even the thought of XVI being released in 2022-2023 is absurd. The game is a 2024-2025 title because Square will always be Square.

Kimahri

Banned
Where the heck is XVI?
This might be a good sign. If they're deep into the final stages of dev, wasting time on making demos and videos is the last thing devs want to do. Same reasoning MS used to not show much Halo stuff, recently. They're busy finishing it.

Woopah

I'm shocked that Dragon Quest X is the only DQ representation. I was sure that Infinity Strash and the III remake would be there.

Woopah

I'm shocked that Dragon Quest X is the only DQ representation. I was sure that Infinity Strash and the III remake would be there.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Source: https://www.gematsu.com/2021/09/square-enix-announces-tgs-2021-online-lineup-schedule

■ Lineup

Collection of SaGa: Final Fantasy Legend (Switch, PC [Steam], iOS, Android)
Deep Insanity: Asylum (PC [Steam], iOS, Android)
Dragon Quest X Offline (TBA)
Dragon Quest X Online (PS4, Switch, PC, Wii U, 3DS)
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius (PC, iOS, Android)
Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier (iOS, Android)
Final Fantasy XIV (PS5, PS4, PC, Mac)
Forspoken (PS5, PC)
Imperial SaGa Eclipse (PC, Smartphone)
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)
Project Triangle Strategy (Switch)
Romancing SaGa Re;Universe (iOS, Android)
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius (iOS, Android)
With Deus Ex, SE is worthless to me.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Why do I have this feeling I’ve been duped.. that FF 16 is just a timed announcement and will come out on pc and Xbox day one.

Synless

I remember when Yoshida once said something about XVI development going very well and everyone started speculating that the game would be released in 1-2 years.

I understand that this game will probably not end up in development hell like XV, but even the thought of XVI being released in 2022-2023 is absurd. The game is a 2024-2025 title because Square will always be Square.
It will be out next year. I have zero doubts about it.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels

Yoshida said he wasn't expecting to show 16 in this TGS because he prefers to only start the marketing campaign once the game is close to its release date, instead of going for the slow info dripping strategy that previous titles followed.

Last edited:
Not surprised in the least. This feels like a wasted opportunity honestly, but I guess they don't want to show more of the game until they enter the heavy marketing phase. If they can't show anyting about FFXVI during TGS, it must be still quite far away. I don't see this game coming out before early 2023.

So much for Yoshida promising new info for 2021. I hope he didn't mean these sporadic spoken tidbits about the script being done and whatnot. Unless Square does a surprise FFXVI livestream some time before the end of this year, which I very much doubt.

VII Remake Part 2 won't be revealed until at least late 2022 to 2023 imo. I'd be very surprised if it shows up before. I'd say it'll come out in 2024-25.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Please be excited.

There's only two games I want to see, Square. And you're gonna let me. On my 45th birthday.

Who am I kidding? I don't care. I'm going to be 50 before I find a PS5.

Top Bottom