• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Announces New RPG from NieR Director Yoko Taro (Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
They could have slotted this in instead of Deathloop, GTA and Alan Wake and it would have looked better. Edit: Okay maybe I am being a bit harsh on Alan Wake.
I feel same way, unfortunately even after Automata’s success, Taro’s games still considered “niche” by mainstream media.

MrMephistoX

I wonder if it was in the Japanese version of the stream? Translating all that text probably was viewed as not worth the expense of so since its just a simple back drop that would have sailed over the heads of most.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
May be a mobile game, but still better than the majority of what was shown off at the Sony Event.

They could have slotted this in instead of Deathloop, GTA and Alan Wake and it would have looked better. Edit: Okay maybe I am being a bit harsh on Alan Wake.

I feel same way, unfortunately even after Automata’s success, Taro’s games still considered “niche” by mainstream media.
You guys have delusion all over you. This comes from a person that thinks having the words death and loop anywhere in your game showcase, equals failure.

But this shit isnt even CGI. Its a fucking powerpoint. Nier has officially replaced deathloop for me.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
You guys have delusion all over you. This comes from a person that thinks having the words death and loop anywhere in your game showcase, equals failure.

But this shit isnt even CGI. Its a fucking powerpoint. Nier has officially replaced deathloop for me.
God of War did same thing and yet most people were fine with it just because it was “God of War”.

TrueLegend

This powerpoint presentation, the spiderman 2 and wolverine trailer are of same value. They are not the gameplay. They are just announcements.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
This powerpoint presentation, the spiderman 2 and wolverine trailer are of same value. They are not the gameplay. They are just announcements.
Yes, but this offers at least some diversity in the line up of titles shown. Uncharted, Spider Man, Wolverine, God of War - they all blend together in the same style/content type. Narratively driven "cinematic" third person action games with the same realistic art styles.

It gets tiring to see the same thing so often - especially when Sony has done so much better with this stuff in the past. Where are the Ape Escapes? The Parappa's? The Bouncer's? Give us something different and strange. Something new and unusual. Something that visually pops.

Yes, but this offers at least some diversity in the line up of titles shown. Uncharted, Spider Man, Wolverine, God of War - they all blend together in the same style/content type. Narratively driven "cinematic" third person action games with the same realistic art styles.

It gets tiring to see the same thing so often - especially when Sony has done so much better with this stuff in the past. Where are the Ape Escapes? The Parappa's? The Bouncer's? Give us something different and strange. Something new and unusual. Something that visually pops.
Take bugsnax!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Looks like a fucking card game. Maybe like Gwent. Sigh...
Tabletop game actually. Probably mobile.

They really need to port over Drakengard 3 onto PC or something.

Or a Drakengard trilogy or something.

Would buy on my Switch if they could make it work. However a Drakengard Trilogy Switch port is about as likely as Baten Kaitos or Xenosaga 1-3.

hyperbertha

Tabletop game actually. Probably mobile.

They really need to port over Drakengard 3 onto PC or something.

Or a Drakengard trilogy or something.

Would buy on my Switch if they could make it work. However a Drakengard Trilogy Switch port is about as likely as Baten Kaitos or Xenosaga 1-3.
pretty sure drakengard will be playable via ps3 emulator these days at full speed.

Fbh

Going to contain my hype until it's confirmed it's a proper console/PC game and not some mobile card game that will have console version too, or something like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom