• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spyro 4 seemingly teased in Crash Bandicoot 4 artbook

Codes 208

LQW0SYM.jpg

(granted I would prefer the enter the dragon trilogy of Spyro games to be remade but this is still good news)

Last edited:

Heartkiller

I would love a new Spyro game. I had a blast getting the platinum for each game in the Spyro Trilogy. They would really need to nail the music though. Spyro is such a chill collectathon experience. I revisit those first three games every couple of years just for the good vibes.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I just finished playing through Spyro 1-3 (not 100%, yet) never did before, the games were a blast, just excellent 3D platformers, I would totally be up for a Spyro 4.

reptilex

Banned
The art direction in Crash 4 was disgusting, which is really odd since they did the trilogy remake quite right, a huge step-back from the original ones, but since the actual Crash Bandicoot 4 wasn't that great, and the subsequent games even worse, the retcon was understandable.

This is not the case for the Spyro, which got only better with the Dragon Trilogy, which they should rather remake like they did the first trilogy before venturing into a new one.

II_JumPeR_I

The art direction in Crash 4 was disgusting, which is really odd since they did the trilogy remake quite right, a huge step-back from the original ones, but since the actual Crash Bandicoot 4 wasn't that great, and the subsequent games even worse, the retcon was understandable.

This is not the case for the Spyro, which got only better with the Dragon Trilogy, which they should rather remake like they did the first trilogy before venturing into a new one.
The trilogy remakes were done by vicarious visions. And sadly toys for bob took over and had to change the art for crash 4

Later batches did include all three games, it was just the first and second batch if I recall that only had the first game + download codes.
I've only ever seen the game box say it requires internet on the front in stores, from launch until now. Never heard of them printing new discs or shipping with 2 discs.

xrnzaaas

I'd definitely play more Spyro, the trilogy was much more relaxing than Crash (where I nearly destroyed my controller). :)

reptilex

Banned
The trilogy remakes were done by vicarious visions. And sadly toys for bob took over and had to change the art for crash 4

Yup I'm certain I was mistaken, it seemed odd, now yes it makes much more sense...the trilogy remakes were amazing and near perfect.

Having grown up with Crash Bandicoot I'm disgusting by the disgusting art direction of Crash Bandicoot 4.

Last edited:
This seems like a stretch, but if true, I couldn't be happier.

Toys for Bob have proven themselves to be the best Crash/Spyro developers since Naughty Dog/Insomniac.

Yup I'm certain I was mistaken, it seemed odd, now yes it makes much more sense...the trilogy remakes were amazing and near perfect.

Having grown up with Crash Bandicoot I'm disgusting by the disgusting art direction of Crash Bandicoot 4.
Yup and the turbo lesbo character they added for...whatever reason???

Oh well atleast we had a good trilogy remake.

Top Bottom