• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(*Spoilers) Dying light 2 end game discussion (*Spoilers)

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Just finished the game and wish to have a discussion with others who have as well. Major spoilers ahead...

So what ending did you get? There is like 6 different ending combo's depending on some choices: Mine was a mixed bag.

-I selfishly sided mostly with the PK because I like the reward tree better. My instincts kept telling me to side to with the survivors but the crossbow and other upgrades were too tempting. At the end the PK took over and turned Villedor into a place of marshall law. People were shown they along with their families were hung for stealing water or any other minor crime. Villedor did not turn out at happy place. North Koreaish.

I killed Hakon during the fight. I Liked the guy at first but after a few stabs in the back I reached my threshold. At the end I left the city alone.

Hakon was dead so I had to decide to let Lawan die and sacrifice herself blowing up the missles or save her and let the city burn. I decided to let her die for the greater good. Lawan died but the city was saved.

Mia lived for a few hours after Aiden saved her from X13 but died after that.

I killed Waltz after a long extremely frustrating boss fight. He dies by Mia side. ( not sure if this can be changed)

To Sum it up:

I sided with the peacekeepers, Killed Hakon, Sacrificed Lawan, Saved Mia for a few hours for her to die, Saved the city from the missle attacks, leave Villedor alone on the road. Fun game while the side stuff really draws you in. I am not sure what ending will be canon but we will see if Dying light 3 continues with Aiden or does another time jump with another "hero."

tvdaXD

I picked all the same options, it's the best as far as I know and heard from friends and their choices.

Denton

I finished DL2 yesterday at midnight. I did everything right to have the best possible ending, and then came the last choice in the game, where I chose to try to save Lawan (naively assuming I would either sacrifice myself to stop the bombs, or manage to save us both AND defuse the bombs somehow). Then I saved Lawan and could only watch the missiles fly (thinking to myself, watching them in the air, "now would be a good time to detonate them") only for half the Villedor to get razed, apparently.

Oh well, at least Lawan lives, Mia maybe lives, and I got to leave the city with Hakon to learn surfing, as we made a deal at the start of the game. Plus X13, with its megatons of supplies and food is intact, possibly providing a base to build from.

If I had chosen to not try to save Lawan, I would have gotten the "best" ending - Villedor would not get hit, Frank, survivors and Nightrunners would take control of the city and I would have left accompanied by Lawan, who got saved by Hakon.

I appreciate the inclusion of interactive dialogue and branching choices in this game - in any game - but I do wish the choices were less obfuscated and unclear. Sometimes I made a choice and Aiden said/did something completely different than I assumed/anticipated.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
It's a garbage ending no matter what which u get. The jist of the game is saving Mia and learning what the fuck was she so important in regards to the cure, only for her to just die coincidentally at the end after all this time. For a game focused on zombies and the virus, the second game sure did all its best to fucking make these two things a secondary thing. They tried so hard to give us The Walking Dead but just failed. "Go fetch me new shoes" lmao.

anthony2690

Banned
Sided with survivors.
Saved Aitor
Saved Hakon
I gave Frank the Tower
Trusted the Colonel
I let Lawan go blow herself up so I could run off with the person I've been stalking throughout the game who isn't even my sister (Mia, honestly Aiden you're a creep)
Somehow Hakon saved Lawan whilst I barely got out with Mia.
Mia dies (honestly did anyone actually care?)
Then I watched the really poor cgi cutscene where lawan leaves the city with me. (Should've just went in engine for the ending cutscene imo)

I enjoyed the game as a whole, despite how low res it is and how tedious the melee combat starts to feel, I would give it a generous 7/10.

The story had a few good moments too, same with some of the side quests, but I also feel like almost everyone is very dislikeable.

Did anyone else feel like it was really strange that for the epilogue there is suddenly vehicles despite the entire game there is no working vehicles. (The epilogue is literally the e3 demo from years back, before you get to x13)

Last edited:

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I picked all the same options, it's the best as far as I know and heard from friends and their choices.
There is an ending I saw where you can save the city and hit the road with Lawan.

Denton

Did anyone else feel like it was really strange that for the epilogue there is suddenly vehicles despite the entire game there is no working vehicles. (The epilogue is literally the e3 demo from years back, before you get to x13)
It is all the result of heavy rewrites and reworks. I also found it hilarious that mission they showed three years ago in 26 minute playthrough is actually the game's "epilogue" because of course back then, it was just a normal mission before they reworked everything to be able to ship it. Their original vision was too ambitious and they were unable to execute.

Still managed to get a great game out though.

Top Bottom