• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - 15 Years On And Still A Stealth Masterpiece

Tesseract

Banned
i think about spies v. mercs almost every week, it's the game to study if you've any interest in multiplayer stealth

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

i think about spies v. mercs almost every week, it's the game to study if you've any interest in multiplayer stealth
I honestly don't understand why that wasn't and hasn't been made in to its own fully fleshed out product. Even by today's standards it would be unique enough, especially compared to what's hot right now.

I'd buy it, play it, and support it. I'm sure a lot of people would.

Tesseract

Banned
I honestly don't understand why that wasn't and hasn't been made in to its own fully fleshed out product. Even by today's standards it would be unique enough, especially compared to what's hot right now.

I'd buy it, play it, and support it. I'm sure a lot of people would.
it's maddening, even a stripped remaster from a skeleton crew would sell well under current circumstances

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
i think about spies v. mercs almost every week...

tumblr_mri5uaVa5x1qcqk6ao1_250.gif

Aldynes

One of the best spy/infiltration game ever made, Chaos Theory is still amazing 15 years later, one great example of a game that's better than the sum of its parts, wonderfully combine each element of previous entries in the series and expend on them significantly to the point that every pieces just fits and make sense when you got the controller in hand, the music, atmosphere the weight of your movements,the sounds, audio cue from the enemies and the open nature of the level design akin to a sandbox for you to explore and experiment with, it's peak Splinter Cell.

It successfully avoided the inherent flaw of die and retry that plagued the prior games in the series by offering you choices via the all the different paths and ways to tackle your objectives, fluid movements, better gameplay. You don't feel "stuck" in a tedious game moment where you get easily frustrated knowing what to do but having to follow precisely the way the devs intended you to play.

The only areas that could have been improved is the story and voice acting aside of the main cast, Fisher is gold and so his dialogues that even make fun of certain situations, but to give bad voice acting to most of the bad guys trivialize them way to much and fails to make you care about the plot besides the relation with fisher and his team or Shetland.

Top Bottom