• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Singleplayer, 4-6x size of Sunset, Spider-Man is 23, has Peter gameplay

solid cool someone else wants morbius ill post my list from the other thread we had

main mission
doc oct
mysterio
electro
vulture
sandman
kraven

side missions
hob goblin
jack o lantern
venom
scorpion
shocker
rhino
morbius
lizard
mr negative

joke side mission
stilt man

Nice list!

I forgot to add Rhino to my list :)

As a joke/secret mission, I think The Tinkerer would be interesting. It would be like fighting a geriatric MacGyver lol

I hope Peter's segments arn't just "sneaky missions" where you need to go from point A to point B without anyone seeing you, that would be incredibly lame. I'm thinking Insomniac knows better though.

JohngPR

Didn't insomniac initially say they were going to show an extended version of that mission later to people? I know they did behind closed doors to press but I could have sworn that they initially said they were showing it to everyone

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Didn't insomniac initially say they were going to show an extended version of that mission later to people? I know they did behind closed doors to press but I could have sworn that they initially said they were showing it to everyone

yes, but it'll be at a later date.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I found it interesting from all the tweets they are getting they responded to this one:

2017-06-1719_57_46-inz3sml.png

The Shocker would be awesome to have in the game.

https://youtu.be/EQSD1E7YjHQ

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I hope Peter's segments arn't just "sneaky missions" where you need to go from point A to point B without anyone seeing you, that would be incredibly lame. I'm thinking Insomniac knows better though.

yeah im hoping the peter stuff is just for flavor i really doubt they would do straight peter missions where you cant use your powers although being in a bank or what ever and have someone like shocker rob it and you have to play it cool until he leaves then you suit up chase him down and take him on would be cool

doing mundane peter stuff then oh shit crime happens then you have to sneak off to change without being seen could be cool no super hero game has done that yet

That would be perfect.

You guys are crazy with your villian lists :p
You could make a whole game around some of them individually.

Well Bryan Intihar did say that there are a lot of characters and a lot of story in this game, so there is hope :)

Electret

yes, but it'll be at a later date.

Hey there, Mr. Stevenson. I was curious about your 4K rendering technique, which you called "temporal injection". Is there any information available about how it works? I'm not finding much of anything on Google. In fact, one of the first page results links to your posts about it. Will you all be possibly talking about it soon? Maybe at GDC or something? The results speak for themselves - the game is looking spectacular.

_Ryo_

Besides Persona 5. The protagonists of that game are arguably super heroes/vigilantes. Each with special costumes and powers.

Skilletor

It's not like we are going to find a game that does the same mission or scenario. It shows that it is possible to design a set piece around a player's movement instead of a passive experience that requires hitting buttons unconsciously.

To be honest, while Spiderman (2000) looks very dated, it's gameplay looks more fun than Spiderman PS4 because it builds a scenario that focuses on the movement, traversal, and skill. See Spiderman(2000) Police Chopper Chase.

Nothing about this looks better than the new Spidey game.

Slayven

Freak_in-line.jpg

A drug addict named Freak is chased down by Spider-Man after attempting to steal from the poor at the soup kitchen where Spider-Man's Aunt May works.[5] Freak stumbles into a laboratory owned by Curt Connors and injects himself with animal gene fluids, thinking they are crystal meth

Freak can adapt to any situation and return to life in a different appearance. He also has Hulk-like bulletproof durability and strength, acidic saliva, can shoot toxic spores from his body at will, and he can adapt to certain harsh environments.

Could be a fun reoccurring side mission

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Also has anything been mentioned as to who is composing the score for this game? It sounds incredible and so movie like!

They responded to someone asking on twitter but aren't ready to reveal the composer yet.

bunkitz

I'm still not sure why aside from just for the heck of it, but I'd love to see Spot in the game. Hydro-Man would be cool too, as another of the lesser-known villains. Would be a good opportunity to display Peter's intellect too by having him create those freezing web pellets (from ASM #666) or whatever they're actually called.

Oh, and please, please, please: I hope we get the Superior Foes in the game, or at least Boomerang and Beetle.

It's also pretty exciting hearing Insomniac talk about Miles' involvement in the game. I'm assuming he's not Spider-Man in this game nor will he gain his powers here, because that feels like it might take the spotlight away from Peter quite a bit, and it sounds like the story is very much about Peter Parker and him as Spider-Man. Then again, I suppose having Miles be Spider-Man as well would be a way to show Peter in a mentor light. I assumed before that Miles would only have a tiny role in the game, but hearing that his being in the game is a way to show a different aspect of Peter certainly means they'll be interacting with each other quite a bit. But... I don't know, my gut just tells me it won't happen that way. Either ways, it'll be interesting to see Miles and Peter's relationship in the game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I added the notes about Wraith, the web swinging, and the upcoming demo to the OP, but there doesn't seem to have been much else to come out since I made the thread.

I added the notes about Wraith, the web swinging, and the upcoming demo to the OP, but there doesn't seem to have been much else to come out since I made the thread.

The interview I posted mentioned that there will be many characters/villains in this game as well as a huge story. Bryan Intihar told a colleague about the game and they were blown away by the sheer amount of content in it.

That may be bullet-point worthy ;)

bunkitz

It would be quite the pleasant surprise if Yuri was already Wraith during the course of the game. Would be fucking sweet to have a team-up with her.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It would be quite the pleasant surprise if Yuri was already Wraith during the course of the game. Would be fucking sweet to have a team-up with her.

While it's not Spider-Man's origin story, I suspect it will be for some of the other characters within.

Bill Roseman was very excited about introducing some of their less known characters to a wider audience with the game, and Wraith definitely fits the bill.

The main reason I suspect she will become Wraith instead of being Wraith is that presumably she would have been chasing Mr. Negative with Spider-Man if she already was instead of yelling at him to superhero harder.

Miles Spider-Man story DLC announced at E3 2018 after this game drops in April.

My bet.

I sincerely would love you to win that bet - go for March 2018 even ;)

Yeah it really sounds like some high production hollywood blockbuster score.

The end part is so good.

Can't wait to hear more about the music, it gotta be a famous composer.

Yup, maybe it's Danny Elfman?

It's most definitely a big-name composer - I usually have a really good ear for composers and yet I can't place it. It sounds like a cross between Michael Giacchino and Ramin Djawadi.

FyreWulff

That's pretty lame. That means combat will be restricted because it won't allow you to move on to someone else until that person you're trying to kill is safe.

They could technically just have him save a a guy with one hand while your attack input is done with another

Hopefully we get more bits and pieces of information throughout the coming year. I'm pretty sure this is a Fall 2017 title given how little we still know about it compared to God of War or even Days Gone. So hopefully we get more demos and story information as the year goes on till the next E3.

Best wishes.

It's gonna be fun finding the wider Marvel universe easter eggs that are sure to be in there somewhere. Hoping to find places like Nelson & Murdock, the Sanctum Santorum and the Baxter Building (pls).

Top Bottom