• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man Remastered update lets you link your Steam and PSN account (also XeSS, FSR 2.1.1 and soon DLSS 3)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1817070/announcements/detail/3299474214664311943

Folks who said they will jump to PC if they integrate PSN, here you go.

This update also adds the option to link your Steam and PlayStation Network accounts. Doing so in this game, gives you access to the Resilient Suit and Concussive Blast Gadget and you'll be granted 2 skill points. You will also receive the latest news, updates and offers from PlayStation Studios games on PC or PlayStation platforms. Account linking is optional and access to the unlocked items is only available while the accounts are linked. If you already unlocked the items and have acquired the maximum number of skill points, you will not unlock any extras.

Also XeSS, FSR 2.1.1 and then DLSS3 in the future (only on PC of course)

Intel XeSS is now available in the Display Settings menu. This temporal upscaling technology can be used to improve performance and works with both Intel, AMD, and NVIDIA GPUs. We have also updated AMD FSR to version 2.1.1 and will be adding NVIDIA DLSS 3 in a future patch soon. We also made changes to the video memory budgets, to allow the game to use more VRAM.

Bartski

Gold Member
Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Why cant they support FSR 2.1 on the console version? Last I checked Sony was still in the console business.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am starting to have a weird feeling about all these anti aliasing types.
I mean, it's good that it's there. I use DLSS on pc no questions askd and XeSS on death stranding on Steam Deck is amazing since TAA does shit.

But also, this means more research on each game how which type of AA behaves and which one is the best.
What about in-game developer intended solutions?

HTK

Banned
yeah this is not a real PSN integration. Can't access friends list, no trophies, no cross progression, party chat access etc.. etc... This is just for PlayStation to send you PlayStation marketing emails...wow good job. Almost as half assed as the Discord integration lol.

Stuart360

Thankfully i can get 60fps in this game without the upscaling techniques but i love the fact they exist and more and more of them seem to be getting developed.

I am starting to have a weird feeling about all these anti aliasing types.
I mean, it's good that it's there. I use DLSS on pc no questions askd and XeSS on death stranding on Steam Deck is amazing since TAA does shit.

But also, this means more research on each game how which type of AA behaves and which one is the best.
What about in-game developer intended solutions?

Way too many choices, this is why I don’t care for pc gaming

Just give me the intended vision for the game with a few basic options

Stuart360

Well they need to have stuff like this because of the literal thousands of combinations of hardware on PC. Also having stuff like this is a GOOD thing. being able to change settings as you like to get the experience you want, thats a good thing..

Belthazar

Folks who said they will jump to PC if they integrate PSN, here you go.

I think people mean trophy and other profile integrations when they say that. This does literally nothing to integrate the PSN profile, it just gives some bonuses.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I think people mean trophy and other profile integrations when they say that. This does literally nothing to integrate the PSN profile, it just gives some bonuses.

It’s just unlocks of things already in the game and the promise to advertise things to you down the line. How enticing.

The upscaling stuff is great however.

Well they need to have stuff like this because of the literal thousands of combinations of hardware on PC. Also having stuff like this is a GOOD thing. being able to change settings as you like to get the experience you want, thats a good thing..

Of course, for PC

I just don’t want to be bothered by it all, which is one reason I prefer consoles

Reallink

Why cant they support FSR 2.1 on the console version? Last I checked Sony was still in the console business.

It's probably significantly less performant than Insom's own upscaler on PS5 hardware, by virtue of not having to be a generic one size fits all solution.

Last edited:

Crayon

DiligentTerribleBellfrog-max-1mb.gif

No seriously, tho. Some people get so sucked into graphics settings that they are fucked out on the game before they even start playing. It often happens when someone thinks they have to wring every drop out of their computer or they are doing it wrong. Or some kind of fomo. I always wonder if they do other things like getting stressed over picking the best fruit at the market.

BreakOut

but this does literally nothing... PSN integration should be Trophies and Cross Progression
I don’t know if I see either of those coming to fruition. I think we are more likely to see cross progression though, on any live service games. Trophies might be something that would unlock on your PlayStation retroactively if you accomplish them on PC and then login. I know games with trophies will have multiple lists based on the system, or at least some do. I’m not sure what it would take on the back end for them to add PC onto whatever system they use. But maybe that’s where PlayStation rewards will come in, a stealth update for PC trophies?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I'm surprised to see Sony not straight up porting the games, but actually provide a much better experience on pc than on playstation.

I mean, it's great for pc users, but it's just weird to say their games run way better on a PC.

I know Microsoft does the same, but I actually expected Sony to make sure the best way to play playstation games are on consoles.

Winter John

Gold Member
So the great betrayal has begun. The Playstation is a premium product for premium people. It's not for Cod players.

Top Bottom