• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider Man Remaster Details

Fbh

If they put a decent amount of extra work into the upgrade I'm ok if it isn't free.

What would be nice though is a free update for the basic version that maybe improves resolution and unlocks a 60fps mode.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Don't care, nobody asked for this. It should be a free upgrade for existing owners.

I don't even have the game but this is bullshit.
Why should it be free? They don’t owe people anything let alone spending the time, money and effort to upgrade an old product.

You are not entitled to anything other than freedom of choice. If you don’t want it, don’t buy it.

Last edited:

CitizenX

Banned
What a con job. I recall the same thing with metro last light receiving the redux addition and the difference was basically none, why? It had released about 18 months prior.

ZehDon

The Last of Us Remastered was a good offering because backward compatibility didn’t work. With players able to use their PS4 copy on the PS5, this “remaster“ is a bridge too far. If Sony’s first party intention is to offer up other “remasters” to get players to re-buy more games... things will not go well.

Ok I'm hype to play through it again on PS5 with all the enhancements. The only thing I'm a little miffed by is I just bought the dlc on sale last week, but whatevs. I'm in for the Ultimate Edition.

McCarth

The Last of Us Remastered was a good offering because backward compatibility didn’t work. With players able to use their PS4 copy on the PS5, this “remaster“ is a bridge too far. If Sony’s first party intention is to offer up other “remasters” to get players to re-buy more games... things will not go well.
Totally agree, I'd be shocked if they put much dev effort into this stuff with BC being so pervasive unless they have more of these Ultimate Edition style packs for sequels. But then again if they try it out and people buy it, all the power to them.

GHG

Gold Member
Why should it be a free upgrade?

Why should it be free? They don’t owe people anything let alone spending the time, money and effort to upgrade an old product.

You are not entitled to anything other than freedom of choice. If you don’t want it, don’t buy it.

These are engine upgrades they would have had to do regardless for MM.

It's a shame that people have been conditioned into paying for little to nothing. On PC when developers do this they will give it to existing owners for free or at a heavily discounted price. CDPR are giving existing Witcher 3 owners the next gen upgrade for free as well.

So yeh, keep defending poor practices to your own detriment.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
What a weird thing to be upset about. Don't buy it then.

I agree with them. Won't stop me from buying the game, but I'm tired of seeing it.
I think HDR is one driving factor. It's nice for show the deep colors, but as a character design it's dull.

What's weird is trying to silence someone's criticism with "don't buy it then."

Last edited:

DryvBy

Hey guys, you can still get a PS5. You can still think Spider-man was a killer title. You can still think the PS5 is the best console coming thanks to it's studios. All that and you can still say, "This is a very stupid move, Sony."

What i dont understand from the give it to me free camp, is if they did nothing IRT upgradeing it you would be fine because its the same version you already have. But you are mad because Insomniac put in work to add to the value of the SM MM package and are not giving you a hand out? Well guess what? You can pretend it dosen't exist and go about you merry fucking way that you would of had anyway. No ones forcing you to do anything and if you dont feel like you got your moneys worth form the original release you should have brought it up then. This is like being mad at you brother because he still has a chocolate bar but you ate yours, lol fucking kids.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What i dont understand from the give it to me free camp, is if they did nothing IRT upgradeing it you would be fine because its the same version you already have. But you are mad because Insomniac put in work to add to the value of the SM MM package and are not giving you a hand out? Well guess what? You can pretend it dosen't exist and go about you merry fucking way that you would of had anyway. No ones forcing you to do anything and if you dont feel like you got your moneys worth form the original release you should have brought it up then. This is like being mad at you brother because he still has a chocolate bar but you ate yours, lol fucking kids.
That can be a fair point.

But what if someone wants to play the Spiderman Remastered version as a standalone product (even if they paid for it), why do they have to buy the Spidey MM Ultimate Edition?

Spidey MM is $50 US. Ultimate Edition is $70. Where's the standalone option for Spiderman Remastered for let's say $30?

Last edited:
Hey guys, you can still get a PS5. You can still think Spider-man was a killer title. You can still think the PS5 is the best console coming thanks to it's studios. All that and you can still say, "This is a very stupid move, Sony."
How do you known its Sony and not Insomniac?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

It's a shame that people have been conditioned into paying for little to nothing. On PC when developers do this they will give it to existing owners for free or at a heavily discounted price. CDPR are giving existing Witcher 3 owners the next gen upgrade for free as well.

Keep expecting people to work for free and continue to be disappointed.

If it's just an upscale, basically tweaking the output res and keeping the exact same assets with a small patch to the executable, there's some argument. However that's not the case here.

But what if someone wants to play the Spiderman Remastered version as a standalone product (even if they paid for it), why do they have to buy the Spidey MM Ultimate Edition?

Spidey MM is $50 US. Ultimate Edition is $70. Where's the standalone option for Spiderman Remastered for let's say $30?
I agree there should be a stand alone PS5 version.

jonnyp

I agree with them. Won't stop me from buying the game, but I'm tired of seeing it.
I think HDR is one driving factor. It's nice for show the deep colors, but as a character design it's dull.

What's weird is trying to silence someone's criticism with "don't buy it then."

Silence critcism? I just said he shouldn't buy it if he has such a major dislike for it.

Last edited:
I already have the goty fuck you Sony if this isn't a free upgrade

yakuza-zero-money-slap-animated-gif-ps4-game.gif
GOTY was the cheapest version. Day One purchase fucks like me that also bought the season pass should get the free update. Then again, Day One fucks like me dont tend to complain.

Dthomp

Could possibly be on the network day 1 as a standalone DLC since there is no physical version of Spiderman Remastered. I mean, it very well may not be there day 1 and show up a short time later to hope to sell more UE, but I wouldn't be shocked if it's for sale on the network too since it's just a code in the physical package I think it said for UE.

Zerotex

Sony being Sony... problably they will do the same with Last of Us part2, Ghost of Tshushima, FFVIIR...
Thats why digital edition sucks, cause who bought it problably will have to buy it again.

sol_bad

Sony can still fuck off, they did all this remastering for the Miles Morales game and ppl are paying for that game. PS4 remaster should be included.
And adding 3 new suits as a bullet point, when they have released them for free in the past?

Last edited:

Esca

I feel really confused reading a fair amount of comments here. This isn't just a 4k 60fps patch, they are replacing assets with higher quality ones and other things too

Yoboman

Just add an upgrade path for the 15 people who own the PS4 version, will have a PS5 and want to replay it but have no interest in getting Miles Morales

TLZ

Banned
They said they're giving people a free upgrade path for their games. I hope this is true for this one too.

Malakhov

Banned
Sony being Sony... problably they will do the same with Last of Us part2, Ghost of Tshushima, FFVIIR...
Thats why digital edition sucks, cause who bought it problably will have to buy it again.
Fuck you just made me realize I should just wait in picking a used copy of ghost of tsushima. Brilliant, sir

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance

Again, you are not owed shit.

Don’t buy it and show em who’s boss.

Last edited:

Zerotex

Optimizing vs creating new art are to totally different things.

Agree... optimizing old games using an emulator to run on newer consoles is something Sony didnt work it out yet.

BTW, they already shown Last of Us Part 2 running on PS5 but they didnt let us know about it. I remember one of the first demo they show us extremely detailed NPC, high texture and ray tracing were there too. Problably they downgraded some assets for Ps4 release and next year they will sell Ultimate Edition again for us telling everything they "create" it again.

If they put a decent amount of extra work into the upgrade I'm ok if it isn't free.

What would be nice though is a free update for the basic version that maybe improves resolution and unlocks a 60fps mode.

There should at least be that.

Already bought it twice (admittedly on sale both times) because weirdly the GOTY edition was cheaper than the season pass.

Not paying one cent for it again. I had my fill anyway tbh. I was going for the platinum but when I finished the story and starting to try and continue playing I ended up hating it. Definitely not paying $50 for MM as a result. If it’s only 8 hours long they can have $10 from me and no more.

people In this thread be like "why I gotta pay for a better product?" it's one thing if you want a standalone remaster but very few of you are actually saying that and are just saying gimme for free

Kagey K

Banned
Looks like it’s 50 gig minimum* required for Miles standalone and 106 minimum* for Ulitmate edition, and remastered is a code.

These SSDs are gonna fill up fast.

Top Bottom