• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man PS4 Actor Hasn't Begun Work On PS5 Sequel Yet

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Spider-Man-PS4-back-turned-white-symbol.jpg

Peter Parker/Spider-Man's voice actor in Spider-Man PS4, Yuri Lowenthal, says he's yet to begin work on the game's PlayStation 5 sequel.

Even though there was Miles Morals it feels like the PS4 Spider-Man was kinda pushed out the door...

Blond

Banned
I’m sure that it’s being made but even if it was how many of these people could really say?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
They are not gonna risk on making an official sequel with miles, nobody cares about him compared to peter, sony may be woke but not stupid (at least that's my hope)
i don't have any issues with miles..
i just think the game was more of the same.

and the same was milked enough in the first game.

I always assumed Insomniac's next Spider-Man game would be tied to Spider-Verse 2 since the first movie did so well. Sony would probably want to use the same voice cast as in the movie.

Brock2621

I mean, there's so much more to get done before voice acting. Is he even mocapping? If not, they can blast through his lines in prob 10 days.

GymWolf

Imagine a game with Mary Jane as the main playable character who's solving crimes and stopping villains by herself after dumping her loser boyfriend. Each time she messes up and someone shows up to save her she has an argument with them telling she'll do fine on her own.
vuoi-che-muoro.jpg

They are not gonna risk on making an official sequel with miles, nobody cares about him compared to peter, sony may be woke but not stupid (at least that's my hope)
Why not have both Pete and Miles as playable characters? I'm sure they can build an intriguing story around that.

i think we have had enough spiderman games now..
i think miles showed me they kinda did it all..
i do not care for more of this IP tbh

rather have some original shit
Miles Morales is a glorified DLC, c'mon now. They can do so much better with Spider-Man.

It's like saying we don't need The Witcher 4 because Blood & Wine did it all.

GymWolf

Why not have both Pete and Miles as playable characters? I'm sure they can build an intriguing story around that.
not really a fan of the chipmunk VA (like at all), i vastly prefer if they maintain peter as protagonist.

I'm okay with him dying to have a more darker peter\spiderman in the game tho :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I mean they are all in on Ratchet right now, and the team that is working on next spiderman is probably in conceptual phase, story, characters. Yuri's voice over /mo-cap for cut scenes wont be till way later.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm not even expecting a trailer till late 22/23

Iced Arcade

wouldn't the voice acting be one of the last parts of development?

we just got MM and I'm sure it's going to be using the game engine and city so I wouldn't take near as long to make a sequel

Last edited:
This isn't surprising to me, Miles Morales just came out and Ratchet & Clank is coming soon. Spider-Man 2 won't be out anytime soon...

yurinka

This isn't surprising to me, Miles Morales just came out and Ratchet & Clank is coming soon. Spider-Man 2 won't be out anytime soon...
Aren't they still working on Ratchet and Clank?
Ratchet will get released around this summer, and they released Morales and the Remaster a few months ago, but Insomniac has a history of releasing at least a game per year (many years they released at least 2), watch the list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomniac_Games

The studio also keeps growing in workforce year after year. It would be rare to see them not releasing their next game (Spider-Man 2) next year unless they had to delay it until 2023 due to covid, replaced the actor or are working on another game to be released during 2022 instead of Spider-Man 2 (Uncharted 5 maybe?).

Last edited:

Get out of here with that garbage, Miles is by far the most popular iteration of Spider-Man.

Just look at what everyone says is the best Spider-Man film and you'll see why. I'm telling you now, Spider-Man 2 will kill off Peter in the early parts of the game and run with Miles from then on. And it will sell gangbusters.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Get out of here with that garbage, Miles is by far the most popular iteration of Spider-Man.

Just look at what everyone says is the best Spider-Man film and you'll see why. I'm telling you now, Spider-Man 2 will kill off Peter in the early parts of the game and run with Miles from then on. And it will sell gangbusters.
By Jove, I think you got it.

Kraven the Hunter travels to New York to kill Peter-man. Miles tracks Kraven back to Seattle for revenge and when he finally has that chance, Miles forgives Kraven.

Imagine a game with Mary Jane as the main playable character who's solving crimes and stopping villains by herself after dumping her loser boyfriend. Each time she messes up and someone shows up to save her she has an argument with them telling she'll do fine on her own.
headshot GIF

No, don't give them any ideas.

Last edited:

El Sueño

Pick up another superhero, Insomniac. You were brilliant with Spiderman. Ghost Rider could be cool in an open world.

Last edited:

Dthomp

I think there is still loads of millage in this ip, lots to imporve on. really want to see a full sequel

For sure, while I didn't hate Miles, it just wasn't as good to me as the base game was. My favorite part of Miles was the cliffhanger that should lead into Spiderman 2. Can't imagine people are already sick of Spidey, we have yet to even see any of his true villians outside of Doc Oc. Can't wait for Goblin and Venom, and hopefully at some point Carnage.

And people still think we are going to have a packed 2021 for exclusives......they will stretch out what they have announced into late next year and the rest will be 2023/24 release dates

you will probably only see returnal and ratchet this year....the rest moved until 2022

Last edited:

Yoboman

Even if he was working on it right now, the right answer for him to give is that he has no idea if its being made considering its an unannounced product

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Pick up another superhero, Insomniac. You were brilliant with Spiderman. Ghost Rider could be cool in an open world.
Ghost Rider sounds ever so awesome, but we know that with games of this size, sometimes it takes the sequel for the team to show what they can really do with the i.p. Now that they have experience under their belt and groundwork laid, it'd feel like a waste to not see them put that to good use for a sequel. I'd welcome a switch-up after that.

This guy is either lying or has been replaced..

Since the release of Marvel's Spider-Man in 2018, the game's creative director Brian Intihar has been working on an unannounced title and there is absolutely no way that game isn't Spider-Man 2 for PS5.
That doesn't mean he's begun working on it yet. Writing takes time, my dude, and Insomniac's had a remaster, MM, and Ratchet and Clank in production. They been busy.

They're also not gonna replace Yuri given the absolute sh*t storm they just went through of changing the in-game model to fit his face.

Chill.

Top Bottom