• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-man Miles Morales Reviews |OT| A cat got the spider's tongue!

nyr88nyg

Banned
About Miles’ father

So miles’ father is dead.. I’m 2 hours in.. do they ever mention he was a cop? I’m going to guess no.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
This game has crashed my ps5 a couple times but i cant put it down. 87% completion before last mission so far. Only a couple more sites to clear and ill finish it. 9/10 from me. Wish it was longer

I was gonna finish up SM on PS4 before I played this, but I think I'm gonna wait and play the remaster on PS5... if I ever get one :(

bargeparty

How exactly was Phin so strong? Feel like it took me out of the game how she just shrugged off Rhino and Miles. What did I miss?

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
About Miles’ father

So miles’ father is dead.. I’m 2 hours in.. do they ever mention he was a cop? I’m going to guess no.

They do, and aside from one cutscene, they almost always show him in picture version, wearing his cop uniform.

540eb5d31fe75add83bd2a2d793cede2.jpg

Loved this game to bits, sad it's over. Definitely an awesome experience.

Kerotan

Do you think this will go on sale for black Friday? I want to get it now but black Friday is only 7 days away and a ps4 sale maybe even sooner.

TrebleShot

Just finished this up and I'm blown away, what a game, Miles is infinitely more likeable than Peter Parker and seems so much more fresh than the 2018 version which was fantastic but more of a by the numbers style spider man adventure.

Hope to see more of this kind of focus in the eventual spider man 2 game or whatever they call it and would love it if Miles has more of a focus in that game.

Ricky_Bee

Banned
About Miles’ father

Thats seems like a fairly extreme way to avoid having a positive portrayal of a police dude!

Better dead than Blue?!?

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Bit disappointed with it tbh. Might be because I’m so addicted to Demon Souls, but it’s ever so shallow.

The only reason I haven't bought this yet is because I'm completely consumed by Demon's Souls.

I imagine it'll make for a refreshing palette cleanser once I've finally managed to beat Souls. I just enjoy swinging around NYC to be honest and doing it at 60fps with the new improved animations will be awesome.

I’m usually not a screenshots guy but I find myself taking so many screens while playing this game in fidelity mode. Game is straight up gorgeous. Not even photo mode stuff just straight gameplay looks so nice

Last edited:

timmyp53

Finally beat the acrobat trial 3.0. Took me a a good 30 mins. I just kept messing up.
Wanted to mention that photo mode is amazing in this game. Are these photo modes standardized on playstation games? The UIs all look the same for them which is pretty cool.

Holden75

Neo Member
Do you play it in "ray tracing" mode or with 60fps?
I try both but the 60fps mode give me more "wow" effect.

but...you think that sooner or later we could play in 60fps with raytracing? Maybe with a patch?

but...you think that sooner or later we could play in 60fps with raytracing? Maybe with a patch?

I think they hinted on Twitter that a 60fps/RT mode could be possible and maybe in the works with a reduced resolution (I assume between 1080p-1440p). I coulda swore they tweeted something about it

timmyp53

Probably not until geometry engine starts being utilized in future games.
I think they hinted on Twitter that a 60fps/RT mode could be possible and maybe in the works with a reduced resolution (I assume between 1080p-1440p). I coulda swore they tweeted something about it
I think Insomniac just tweeted a "thinking about it " emoji. Maybe 1080p RT 60 may be possible.

Last edited:

IcEWoLF

Neo Member
100% completed everything in the game and started NG+.
Overall this is a fantastic game!
I’d give it 9/10, only knock would be it was short. Story was great, controls were great and the new dual sense controller is just sweet.
I played 60fps mode first, playing NG+ On 30fps and it looks very nice with the graphics upgrades and ray tracing.
I love Miles Morales, he is just so awesome and one of my favorite movies was into the spider verse.

Finally I wish they would have introduced few soundtracks in the game but I understand on why they didn’t.

Looking forward to the next Spider-Man game and if they go with co-op style play I am going to be super excited.

makaveli60

I didn't find the OT for this game so I'm asking here... If I buy a used PS4 physical copy, will I be able to upgrade that to the PS5 version?

Spokker

I was genuinely surprised how short this game was. When I got the prompt that informed me that it was the point of no return, I was shocked.

Still a good game though. As woke as it was, the deaf girl and the main chick were neck and neck on who had the best ass.

I enjoy the combat and it was a little harder than the first one, which was good. I would like to see some missions where you catch dudes playing the knockout game though.

The witness talking to the reporter at the end was unrealistic. He should have been saying, "Ya'll see da spiderman?! Say 'yeahhhh' if y'all saw da spiderman!!!"

The ray tracing was way better than Watch Dogs Legion. I had myself keeping it on fidelity for main missions and performance while grinding out side stuff.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I can’t get any of the holo training things to work? Walk up to them and I get no prompts to use them. Already did some of the main story are they bugged?

Anyone knows the answer to this? My PS5 hopefully arrives this week so I need to know this ASAP :messenger_beaming:

according to this article, yes it’s free upgrade

As we’ve mentioned, Spider-Man: Miles Morales launches on both PS4 and PS5 on November 12. The good news? Buying this standalone expansion on PS4 grants you a free PS5 upgrade. If

Great, though my main question is if I buy a used PS4 copy of it will that still give me this option. I assume yes, if it works the same way as it worked with PS4 but I don't know if there was anything changed here.

I think you will be okay....but I can't say for certain

I am pretty sure when you put the disc in your PS5 you will need to go to the little game menu and select the PS5 version and it will download automatically

FunkMiller

While the gameplay of this was good (because it's essentially the same as the main game), the story and characters were a bit shit, really.

Miles is basically black Peter Parker. How incredibly boring. Instead of Uncle Ben it's his dad, instead of Harry Osborne it's Phin. Incredibly bland character. I know that's the fault of the comics, but they could have done what Into The Spiderverse did, and at least try to give him some interesting dimensions to his character that separate him from Pete. Why does Spider-man always have to be a super smart science nerd? Why couldn't Miles have been an ordinary Brooklyn kid?

Also, storywise,
why when the game is building up to the big climax did they decide to slow everything to a fucking crawl with the science museum sequence? Surely that could have come earlier.
Ground the whole thing to a halt for me, and spoiled the momentum completely.

7/10 for me.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Just finished up the game. Finished the story, 100% all the areas, got all collectibles and did all the sidequests, phone missions and phone crimes.

Really enjoyed it overall. Solid 9/10 game for me and enjoyed it more than the first game which I also liked a lot. Miles is just more fun to play with the electric powers and invisibility makes stealthy whittling down enemies in the hideouts and story missions where you have to take out a ton of enemies a lot less frustrating.

Length was totally fine for me for the $50 price. System time has it at 17 hours for me. Probably beat it at 16 as I’d done all the above other than the couple post game sidequests before beating it. I imagine it’s short if you just mainline the story missions, but I never do that. I’m sure I’ll do a new game plus run some time too,soubt I’ll go for the platinum though.

I've noticed the review threads are being used as an OT for Sackboy and Miles Morales. Can't put it all on Cormack/Tess/Komatsu's back.

Moogle11

Banned
I've noticed the review threads are being used as an OT for Sackboy and Miles Morales. Can't put it all on Cormack/Tess/Komatsu's back.

Shoot, I didn’t even notice it was the review thread. Just searched for Miles Morales OT and missed review in the title.

Searched again and looks like there’s not an OT. As I’ve said before, they really should just scrap the tradition of having a fancy first post, having to sign up to make OTs etc. Most people, myself included, aren’t going to take the time to gather links and make a nice first post and just want a dedicated thread to share thoughts on games we’re playing and read others impressions.

Should make it as easy as possible to do that and have more game threads to help drown out all the console warrior nonsense.

Last edited:
Shoot, I didn’t even notice it was the review thread. Just searched for Miles Morales OT and missed review in the title.

Searched again and looks like there’s not an OT. As I’ve said before, they really should just scrap the tradition of having a fancy first post, having to sign up to make OTs etc. Most people, myself included, aren’t going to take the time to gather links and make a nice first post and just want a dedicated thread to share thoughts on games we’re playing and read others impressions.

Should makeit as easy as possible to do that and have more game threads to help drown out all the console warrior nonsense.

I just need to come up with some basic format for quick output so forgotten games get them....when time is a plenty. Basic OTs. I'm not good at photoshop/gifs.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Bought this last night and it showed up today! The first game was so much fun and such a looker, and I watched that DF video on the ray tracing, I felt like I had to get it for my PS5.

Holy shit! I said that out loud, to myself, after finishing the intro sequence and seeing the setup for this entry. Well done!

I went for the Ultimate Launch edition that comes w the remaster. This was worth getting for the image quality alone. That intro set piece boss fight and mall romp was just incredible and the graphics are jaw dropping.

Wow. I like just walking up buildings looking at the reflections. Or the reflections in cars. Really this is the best possible game for the kind of ray tracing tech demo, so many reflective surfaces. So good! This is some of that next gen goodness!

Last edited:
Top Bottom