• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-man Miles Morales Reviews |OT| A cat got the spider's tongue!

I literally saw a comment somewhere that said 86 is a low score for a highly anticipated game. Say what? Anyways I am excited for Miles Morales on PS5, so good to see glowing reviews!

iconmaster

Banned
Good review but also this glitch :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Game of the year.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Data Ghost

Looking forward to this pretty expansion pack. Its the only PS5 game I ordered bundled with the remaster and Peters new head :)

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Nice, hit 85 on both meta and open....great launch games. It's difficult to hit 90 these days with how many outlets give 4/5 stars and thenm outlets looking for clicks with yellow reviews....

Anyway, very very happy with 85. Insomniac are just brilliant.

Bryank75

Banned
They should have packed Into the Spider-verse in with the game....so people could really have that full Miles Morales experience.

the_master

So we can't have 1080p, 60fps & raytracing?
We need to choose raytrace or 60fps all in 4k, even if we don't run 4k?

MastaKiiLA

So we can't have 1080p, 60fps & raytracing?
We need to choose raytrace or 60fps all in 4k, even if we don't run 4k?
More modes means more optimization required, which means all modes get less, as there are limited resources. Personally, I don't like having even 2 modes, so be happy you get your 60fps option. I'd rather they just have fidelity mode, and focus all resources on getting that mode looking the best it can at 30fps.

RAIDEN1

I was thinking of getting this for the PS4, and why did they have to change the main character for the original game? It's as bad as the movies...

3rd-party can keep up if they choose to developer only for PS5.

Eh... even Bluepoint is still lagging despite having some access. RT was down to manpower.... as good as DS looks it could have looked better on better hands. Insomniac can go from Sunset Overdrive to Spider-man. Being part of WWS has lots of perks. VIP Access to tools, and shared knowledge on the hardware, mocap studios + many other resources... They all slowly but surely get lifted up. Just look at Sucker Punch or Sony Bend... The only studios that continue to lag under WWS umbrella are Sony Japan, and Polyphony. A lot of management and culture problems there affecting output and quality. It has been a work in process for a while now to get Japan fixed.

Last edited:

Barnabot

I've heard that Vice didin't like the game very much not because of the game itself with all the gaming features and stuff.

Looking forward to hearing the impressions of the PS4 version. Loved the first game, butI watched 20 min video of this and it seemed so samey... Hopefully there is enough to set it apart.

AJUMP23

I am waiting for Christmas to play this because I am giving it to my son. Maybe I will make it and not play it in secret.

Since the PS5 is impossible to get for someone who dosen't watch thier computer 24/7 I guess I'm stuck with this Pro crap. It feels like a waste to play the Ps4 versions of these games and it will piss me off, but do they at least not run and look like garbage? Miles and Cold War?

-Arcadia-

Banned
EmrldL1WMAAV4OI

The new Peter model really kills the soul of the original game.

I will always see the PS4 version as the definitive one. Not exactly like it looks awful, either, as one of the best looking games this gen, and taking nice advantage of a 4K TV.

Original Peter was such an inspired ‘casting choice’. Some characters are so perfect, that they elevate the material, and you can’t envision any other actor doing the job. This is like deepfaking Harrison Ford out of Star Wars, and replacing him with the actor they used in Solo.

Killer8

I will always see the PS4 version as the definitive one. Not exactly like it looks awful, either, as one of the best looking games this gen, and taking nice advantage of a 4K TV.

Original Peter was such an inspired ‘casting choice’. Some characters are so perfect, that they elevate the material, and you can’t envision any other actor doing the job. This is like deepfaking Harrison Ford out of Star Wars, and replacing him with the actor they used in Solo.

It reminds me of the Tomb Raider 'definitive edition', when they changed Lara's model it ruined all of the facial animations in the cutscenes. I still go back to the PC version over the PS4 one to replay it, just for this reason:

capturemtjmp.png

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Dont have the game yet but i hope they bring the official miles spider verse suit in the game as an add on, dont like the blue jacket with the red mask
marvelsspidermanmilesmorales-artofthegame3-1602016076021.jpg

Entroyp

Is this the OT? Anyways just finished the story and what a ride! As good or better than the previous game.

Now to get that platinum!

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Having not played the first one, I assume it would be good to start with that first, then segway into this one?
This one seems to be a classic "side story" or midquel, in that it doesn't really continue the plot threads from the first, and Spidey 2 probably won't lean too heavily on this. So you COULD play them out of order.

But it still makes sense to play the first one before this. Miles' origin story is a subplot in the first game and there are light spoilers to the first game. It's also a bigger, more epic length game.

SF Kosmo

I have been absolutely loving this game. I couldn't get enough of the first one, I could really play these as fast as they can turn them out.

It sort of walks the line between full game and expansion, it's a lot better and fresher than City that Never Sleeps, with a lot more/higher quality side content, and the changes to the scenery, new abilities help to distinguish it even if it still shares a map.

And while it is definitely a lot shorter, maybe 2/3 the size of the original, it feels like most of what has been shed is the filler, the stuff people didn't like, the endless checklists of crimes and repetitive side content, the stealth missions with the non-super characters, all of that is gone, and we're left with a really good balance. It ramps up quicker too, no towers to open up new areas and shit.

SF Kosmo

So I 100 percented this but it looks like some of the acheivments can only be hit in New Game+

Question: If I upgrade to the PS5 version later does my save and achievement progress transfer? I might hold off to replay if that's the case..

Tevious

Is anyone else playing on the PS4 Pro getting terrible frame rates? It's especially noticeable when webslinging through the city. I hope my PS4 Pro isn't crapping out. I won't get my PS5 delivered until at best this weekend.

mckmas8808

Banned
So I 100 percented this but it looks like some of the acheivments can only be hit in New Game+

Question: If I upgrade to the PS5 version later does my save and achievement progress transfer? I might hold off to replay if that's the case..

I think they said saves flow over to the PS5.

Top Bottom