• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales is also coming to PS4

Kagey K

Banned
I honestly thought they would keep it PS5 exclusive for 6 months and then announce the PS4 port, I’m actually shocked that they announced it before release.

Expected. The one that is surprising -and disappointing- is that of Horizon. The game’s visuals are insane, but I fear that the interactivity will be limited...Wait and see...

Gam3rdude

Who the fuck green-lighted this cross-gen decision ? If it was Jim Ryan, he needs to go ! He just said earlier in the year that ps5 exclusives will be exclusive to ps5 & will not come to ps4, because "Sony believed in Generations !" And now this MASSIVE U-Turn ! 😠😠
It's almost like he got scared by the things MS & Phil Spencer were saying, like "anti-consumer practices" and shit! If this is true, he is a very soft cookie and needs to go !
I think the design of the PS5 was also his choice & honesty it looks like shit, as today we got to see it from the back as well, and man is it ugly!
What was he thinking ? Why would anyone believe in the 'Power of the SSD' narrative now, when you're also bringing PS5 games to the PS4 ! That nullifies the whole argument ! Major marketing blunder!

To add insult to injury, all PS5 launch First party games are 70 usd, and most likely it means all future first party games will be 70 dollars too ! 😠😠
What a load of crap !

Jim Ryan go, come back Shawn Layden/Jack Tretton.

Portugeezer

Yep, character models when they were waking in the city looked last gen, only with ray tracing enabled. Now we have confirmation, I am kind of relieved.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Sony is asshole!

tenor.gif

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
What about TLOU 2? I was expecting an enhanced version of this for PS5.....nothing at all? That sucks.

Shmunter

Who the fuck green-lighted this cross-gen decision ? If it was Jim Ryan, he needs to go ! He just said earlier in the year that ps5 exclusives will be exclusive to ps5 & will not come to ps4, because "Sony believed in Generations !" And now this MASSIVE U-Turn ! 😠😠
It's almost like he got scared by the things MS & Phil Spencer were saying, like "anti-consumer practices" and shit! If this is true, he is a very soft cookie and needs to go !

I think the design of the PS5 was also his choice & honesty it looks like shit, as today we got to see it from the back as well, and man is it ugly!
What was he thinking ? Why would anyone believe in the 'Power of the SSD' narrative now, when you're also bringing PS5 games to the PS4 ! That nullifies the whole argument ! Major marketing blunder!

To add insult to injury, all PS5 launch First party games are 70 usd, and most likely it means all future first party games will be 70 dollars too ! 😠😠
What a load of crap !

Jim Ryan go, come back Shawn Layden/Jack Tretton.
Yep, they fucked up bad. The upgrade lustre has lost a good deal of shine. The $70 makes no sense, they should be $10 cheaper than 3rd party due to 0 royalties. The rest of your post is pure nonsense however.

Arrogant Sony is back! At lease thanks to MS pressure, the hardware is a bargain.

Last edited:

Gam3rdude

Yep, they fucked up bad. The upgrade lustre has lost a good deal of shine. The $70 makes no sense, they should be $10 cheaper than 3rd party due to 0 royalties. The rest of your post is pure nonsense however.

Arrogant Sony is back! At lease thanks to MS pressure, the hardware is a bargain.

I still can't believe they had the nerve to do this cross-gen thing to would be ps5 owners. 😠

RGB'D

So dear SONYgaf, why in the heck would I pick up a PS5 at launch when my PS4Pro will be playing everything for the next few years. There is no hiding the hypocrisy. At this point I might grab a 3090 instead of 3080 because there will not be a reason to own a PS5 for a long while.

Those load times and swing speed better not be held back. Ai, #'s of NPCs on encounters, moving objects (cars++) etc will relative to optimal... :messenger_pouting:

Last edited:
So dear SONYgaf, why in the heck would I pick up a PS5 at launch when my PS4Pro will be playing everything for the next few years. There is no hiding the hypocrisy. At this point I might grab a 3090 instead of 3080 because there will not be a reason to own a PS5 for a long while.

Do you believe what you type? Ratchet is not coming on the PS4; RETURNAL, Demon’s Souls, Destruction All Stars and possibly -yet to be determined- God of War Ragnaork...Compare that with the Xbox where there is nothing at all from their First Party Studios...Except perhaps for Halo which, let’s face it, has an uphill battle to impress...
Chalk and cheese, buddy.

oldergamer

Where are the arguments that PS4 with its weak ass CPU are gonna holdback next gen games? What happened to those people arguing that xbox one is gonna hold back halo infinite? News flash, hale looked the way it did, not because of xbox one, but because it was a unfinished, unpolished game in development.

Jigga117

What happened to generations and does this mean it’s holding shit back for PS5. I mean eye for an eye folks talking that shit about MS. Worst part(if you really believe shit is being held back) they said 4 years vs 2 year support for Xbox One

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Wasn't it called an expansion when it was announced? This seems completely in line with it being an expansion.

Zimmy68

I kind of feel Sony/Insomniac are pulling the same crap that 505 Games/Remedy did with Control.
But I don't hear anyone complaining about it.

I currently own Spider-Man with all the DLC on my PS4.

I get no upgrade to PS5 tech without buying the entire game again?
If I only buy Miles Morales on PS5, how is that tied to my PS4 Spidey progress?

Top Bottom