• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales is also coming to PS4

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Sony Japan Blog. It says it's launching on PS4 too. Go read it, come back here and let's cry together.

Now that sounds bad :lollipop_tears_of_joy: . But I'll wait for both versions first, the PS5 shown so far is insanely good. But the only impossible game on PS4 is Ratchet and Clank, the rest you can lower image quality, resolution, effects, depth of field, etc. Overall, it'll be 100% held back by PS4.

kretos

Banned
Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase these games for either system, nor will they purchase any of Sony's consoles. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel these ports for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

But Horizon FW is crossgen... :(

Didn't expect that either. I guess we can't expect the game to feature a flying mechanic. I was so hoping we can ride flying machines this time.

I just hope they're working on the next horizon game in the sideline simultaneously so that we don't have to wait too long for the next one. Just let me fly one of the flying robots please GG.

jaysius

Banned
I feel like customers are going to respond to this with, ‘Don’t expect a purchase for the first 2 years at least.’

One would hope, but that level of thinking is far more lucid than a bunch of over hyped gamers are capable of.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The remaster for the PS5 is no simple up-res [...]. You’ll see better-looking characters with improved skin, eyes, hair, and facial animation (including our new, next-generation Peter Parker). You’ll also see ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows, improved lighting, more pedestrians and vehicles stretching further into the distance, and the same optional performance mode offered on Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, allowing you to finally play the game at a targeted 60fps frame rate. We’ll be supporting near-instant loading, 3D audio, and the DualSense controller’s haptic feedback

Still... could have pushed PS5 a lot more... :/...

Last edited:
Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase these games for either system, nor will they purchase any of Sony's consoles. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel these ports for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Honestly I doubt the Japanese market was hankering for PS5s anyway. PS4 sales were lukewarm, and this will be more expensive and physically larger (Japan prefers their smaller boxes). Plus there's the utter domination of the Switch.

Paracelsus

Honestly I doubt the Japanese market was hankering for PS5s anyway. PS4 sales were lukewarm, and this will be more expensive and physically larger (Japan prefers their smaller boxes). Plus there's the utter domination of the Switch.

N23H4Xo.png

GymWolf

TARGETED 60 frames...

giphy.gif

They better work to a performance mode where you don't have 60 frame only when you look to a wall...

Last edited:
Lets not forget the PC versions likely in the works for the PS5 games that are likely in development that many on this board are in denial about...... you see Sony does like money after all.
Yeah they've already lied about their PC support.

"Oh no, we're only porting Horizon Zero Dawn."
"Actually, we're gonna look into doing more ports."

Kazza

the only impossible game on PS4 is Ratchet and Clank

Are you so sure about that after today's showing? Maybe just make the warping screens take a bit longer to load on any PS4 version. Hopefully Sony let at least one team flex the PS5's next gen muscles, but after today I'm not so sure.

tryDEATH

Sony and their fanboys took a monumental L, after all the spouting of only next generation crap and simultaneously sh*ting on Xbox they pull this absolute donkey move. I am LMFAO I don't wanna hear a single peep from any Sony fans about support for current generation, your speaking privileges have been take when it comes to this topic.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

I feel like customers are going to respond to this with, ‘Don’t expect a purchase for the first 2 years at least.’
Nope the console will sell on hype alone, the games will come but slowly, savy gamers will wait until the price game ratio is right, but enthusiasts will eat it up at launch and carry over the next year

Same happened with current gen

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Are you so sure about that after today's showing? Maybe just make the warping screens take a bit longer to load on any PS4 version. Hopefully Sony let at least one team flex the PS5's next gen muscles, but after today I'm not so sure.

Yeah, you can add long loading screens every 10 seconds for like 30-50 seconds. How will that work?

Overall, if those games are crossgen, and they're this good, then what's next is gonna be insane, like UE5 demo insane. I've never seen anything that looks better anyway, except if someone has made a time travel to the future.

Top Bottom