• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man Miles Morales Game Informer New Pics (Details coming soon!)

-Arcadia-

Banned
Those screens are beautiful.

I really hope this breaks away from the cross-gen stuff, and becomes a really compelling showcase for PS5. The early boss fight with lots of destruction sounds a lot like that.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Combat Details:

-Hold L1 to charge the Venom in Miles
-While holding L1, each face button when tapped has a different move
-All the Venom attacks cause Venom Stun to enemies and they are more vulnerable to attacks in this state
-Venom isn't unlimited and is built up like Peter's focus meter
-Describes the sensation of charging the venom attack as building up in the left side of the Dual Sense controller and then flows to the right side and rumbles again when you push a face button
-Miles has his own set up gadgets and they are used just like in the first game
-Able to perform stealth takedowns from ceilings and walls now
-Can also reset stealth encounters after being seen by using Miles' Camouflage ability, enemies will then become frightened and fire wildly into the air and try to flush him out with grenades
-Some enemies are able to see you even when camouflaged

EkO2MNnWkAAGeq9

Is this CG?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
There's a suit you get from beating a sidequest that puts a cat with a backpack. It's got it's own spider-man mask and helps you beat bad guys up when you hit them with finishers... GOTY confirmed??

Ah shit, DAY ZERO!

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
EkO2P8GWkAQlIx7

My friend asked me if hte Web is supposed to shoot through the fingers like that. I'm not clear on that issue. I've seen Spidey's fingers in that position when shooting web before, but I never thought about how that would work in reality.

Love the screen captures though. I wonder if this is just Photo Mode when the system can increase the resolution and detail because everything is still.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Game is going to be great. With Demon's Souls and Cyberpunk releasing in November I probably won't pick this up until a few months later, but for sure going to grab it.

Last edited:

Da-Kid

EkO2P8GWkAQlIx7

My friend asked me if hte Web is supposed to shoot through the fingers like that. I'm not clear on that issue. I've seen Spidey's fingers in that position when shooting web before, but I never thought about how that would work in reality.

Love the screen captures though. I wonder if this is just Photo Mode when the system can increase the resolution and detail because everything is still.
Yeah that's just some bad clipping going on honestly.

THEAP99

Banned
While this game is shaping up to be great fun, I am heavily disheartened that the PS-4 version for Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morale is severely holding back the next-generation PS-5 version.

These promotion shots are great and all, but they truly don't look that much better than the shots from Marvel's Spider-Man (2018) as seen here:

It's all juiced up promotion shots.

But it does not end there sadly, as not only is it visually being held back by the PS-4 version, but even from a gameplay perspective, it's being gimped.

You see, in the first Official Wired Article regarding Sony's plans for next-generation, Mark Cerny boasted about the SSD and how even in Spider-Man it allows for faster web-slinging:

That’s just one consequence of an SSD. There’s also the speed with which a world can be rendered, and thus the speed with which a character can move through that world. Cerny runs a similar two-console demonstration, this time with the camera moving up one of Midtown’s avenues. On the original PS4, the camera moves at about the speed Spidey hits while web-slinging. “No matter how powered up you get as Spider-Man, you can never go any faster than this,” Cerny says, “because that's simply how fast we can get the data off the hard drive.” On the next-gen console, the camera speeds uptown like it’s mounted to a fighter jet. Periodically, Cerny pauses the action to prove that the surrounding environment remains perfectly crisp. (While the next-gen console will support 8K graphics, TVs that deliver it are few and far between, so we’re using a 4K TV.)

And now today, Andrew who is covering Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales and thus has seen the game on the PS-5, states that there's no noticeable change in the web-slinging speed. And suggests that this may be because of how the gameplay on the PS-5 version can't be that drastically different as it also has to run on the old and rusted PS-4.

This once again ultimately shows how Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales on the PS-5 is being held back by the PS-4 version. This is such a wasted opportunity for Spider-Man: Miles Morale to be a true next-gen showcase, and I am still shocked and appalled that Sony went this route.

Hopefully they start showing us more Demon's Soul's because that is true next-generation and isn't being gimped by last generation.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
While this game is shaping up to be great fun, I am heavily disheartened that the PS-4 version for Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morale is severely holding back the next-generation PS-5 version.

These promotion shots are great and all, but they truly don't look that much better than the shots from Marvel's Spider-Man (2018) as seen here:

It's all juiced up promotion shots.

But it does not end there sadly, as not only is it visually being held back by the PS-4 version, but even from a gameplay perspective, it's being gimped.

You see, in the first Official Wired Article regarding Sony's plans for next-generation, Mark Cerny boasted about the SSD and how even in Spider-Man it allows for faster web-slinging:

And now today, Andrew who is covering Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales and thus has seen the game on the PS-5, states that there's no noticeable change in the web-slinging speed. And suggests that this may be because of how the gameplay on the PS-5 version can't be that drastically different as it also has to run on the old and rusted PS-4.

This once again ultimately shows how Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales on the PS-5 is being held back by the PS-4 version. This is such a wasted opportunity for Spider-Man: Miles Morale to be a true next-gen showcase, and I am still shocked and appalled that Sony went this route.

Hopefully they start showing us more Demon's Soul's because that is true next-generation and isn't being gimped by last generation.

Yeah that's my only gripe with this game. But even then, I'll have a bunch of fun playing it.

wd40

This game looks really cool, I never played the 2018 game, so I might get the ultimate edition when I get my PS5. Idk why but the short length and Christmas in the city setting really really reminds me of inFamous Festival Of Blood back on the PS3, anyone remember that?

Game is beautiful as fuck, but the combat looks a wee bit slow to me.

It'll be interesting to see how the two versions compare to each other. Selfishly glad it's also coming out on the PS4 too so I can play it without dropping $500.

Rikkori

The native resolution behind the scenes is dynamic, but temporal injection means you'll always see 4K.

ILin5rY.gif

Anyone that's tried Breakpoint on PC can already test this out btw (actually, what they did with Quantum Break was the same too). Interestingly enough it scales proportionally with framerate as well, where the lower the framerate the worse it looks (ghosting more noticeable). Sadly I can't find a good video to show off the difference properly (compression kills it), so you'll just have to test it out yourself.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I definitely want to play this game asap. Thing is, I want to play on PS5 and that dirty thing is not coming inside my home. I hope this is the shortest wait we've ever had between original console release and the "Slim" version. Give me that bundle of: Spider-Man PS5 Slim w/ Spider-Man: Remastered, Spider-Man Miles Morales, and Spider-Man 2, baby. I want it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Nothing in this clip is next gen. Jim Ryan dropped the ball

yep. wtf were they thinking.

im not paying $50 for this shit. i see zero next gen textures or features here. they made it sound like it will look next gen.

yep. wtf were they thinking.

im not paying $50 for this shit. i see zero next gen textures or features here. they made it sound like it will look next gen.

We won't see "real" next gen games until late next year or maybe even in 2022 because both Sony and MS does not want to miss out on making money from the current install bases that the PS4 and Xbox one have right now.

Sony sold over 100 million PS4's, so they will not quickly abandon it for the PS5. I just wish they didn't lie in the beginning and make it seem like all these games were PS5 exclusive and build from the ground up for PS5.

VFXVeteran

Banned
I'd have to disagree with that; 1080@60 w/ RT would look great and satisfy many of us who don't want higher resolutions.

1080p is just too low sampling for RT. It's already noisy at 4k. It's like taking a sphere and sampling 1000 random points on the sphere to approximate it looking like a sphere. Then sample only 100 points on the sphere. It would look that much less like a sphere and more like noise. RT quality is completely dependent on resolution of the framebuffer.

Last edited:
1080p is just too low sampling for RT. It's already noisy at 4k. It's like taking a sphere and sampling 1000 random points on the sphere to approximate it looking like a sphere. Then sample only 100 points on the sphere. It would look that much less like a sphere and more like noise. RT quality is completely dependent on resolution of the framebuffer.
Hmmm that clears things up for me. Man I just hope Sony comes up with something like DLSS...

Top Bottom