• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man comes to PS4/PS5 Marvel's Avengers alongside Nov. 30 update featuring reworked systems, MCU-inspired outfits, etc.

AlexxKidd

FDXNENIVcAEmii_

The iconic web slinger Spider-Man will come exclusively to PlayStation players in the November 30 update along with the Spider-Man: With Great Power Hero Event! You'll experience Spider-Man's story through unlockable challenges woven throughout the Avengers Initiative. Here's a quick taste of his journey in Marvel's Avengers! Peter Parker uncovers AIM's new plan to acquire technology that could make their Synthoid army unstoppable and total domination inevitable. He must partner with the Avengers to stop this looming threat, and forms a tentative friendship with Ms. Marvel and Black Widow while keeping his identity hidden. As a Hero accustomed to working solo, he struggles with the new dynamics of working with a team. Will he join up full time with the Avengers, or stay independent in his fight against AIM?

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Nice. I'll finally pick this up. And is a bargain now. I heard the main story is good so there is that

AlexxKidd

If they're smart, they'll announce it as the December PS+ game and just release it a little early on Nov. 30.

They need to go back to square one with gear like Diablo 3 did (spoiler they will not do this).

The combat is actually fun at lower level when you can use all of your moves but once you start to optimize it becomes clear that spamming one or two moves over and over is the meta for most (all?) of the characters.

Level design is some of the worst I have seen even including mobile games.

They can paper over a few cracks but this game will never be good without starting from the ground up which is not worth the money for them.

TVexperto

after guardians of the galaxy i dont see myself going back to a game with such uninspiring and boring copy paste levels

On paper, this should be everything I want, but it's just unpleasant to play--for reasons I can't exactly explain. It's like one of those old cheap rip-offs of GTA 3. It's got all the right pieces, but there's no heart to it.

Definitely too little, too late for me.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
That video is a jebait lol. I skimmed through it after about 30 seconds of that guy talking and they don't show him at all from what I saw, yet they use that image as the promo shot of the video.
Welp my bad, I confess I haven't watched the video because Idc about this game lol

Klaw raid will most probably take you through same campaign level against super tanky enemies and fight even tankier and annoying version of same campaign boss

Omega Raid against 2 Super Adaptoids was same shit. These so called Raids are just rehashed missions of modified campaign levels. Very lazy job by CD

Im playing on PC and this new update will not give me access to Spiderman which sucks. If they will let me transfer my PC progress to PS5 then i will happily buy game again but devs wont let me.

They need to go back to square one with gear like Diablo 3 did (spoiler they will not do this).

The combat is actually fun at lower level when you can use all of your moves but once you start to optimize it becomes clear that spamming one or two moves over and over is the meta for most (all?) of the characters.

Level design is some of the worst I have seen even including mobile games.

They can paper over a few cracks but this game will never be good without starting from the ground up which is not worth the money for them.

I think they could make this game great with time. These type of games always take time. Everyone hated Destiny 1...and Destiny 2 for that matter after about 2 months.

I dont like the reliance on spamming certain moves that align with ur gear perks. But i would argue that the game is definitely more fun at higher levels compared to lower levels when everything feels like a bullet sponge. Im not in love with the battery effect system or reliance on specific move perks....but it at least makes u feel like a superhero. Instead of punching a robot 15 times and wondering why its still alive

As far as level design. I can't for the life of me think why they made the maps so huge, considering there is no patrol mode, no vehicles and only 2 of the characters can fly. And the loading into an elevator, run down corridor to take another loading area elevator is maddening and too prevalent. But i think a lot of this is last gens fault.

they've pretty much said they can't add vehicles or get rid of those elevators because last gen consoles can't stream data fast enough to keep up

Last edited:

gamer82

an event so does that mean Spiderman will disappear form the game, I bought this last Christmas I have installed it on the ps but yet to play, to many games and not enough time to get on them. feel like I'm getting bored of gaming . I never thought I would. we shall see if ratchet and clank and my switch oled I have for xmas will save the day.

Godot25

Banned
Honestly, this game is waste of space (130GB!!!!) with or without Spider-Man. And I'm saying that as a huge looter fan.

Artificial grind to max level, non-existent fashion aspect of loot, terrible loot overall and terrible end-game.

So yeah. I'm not betting that few material tweeks will do wonders here.

And since Spidey is PS only, he can't play a big part in overall narrative, because CD would not make a story content that only PS fans would understand.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
If they're smart, they'll announce it as the December PS+ game and just release it a little early on Nov. 30.
They probably will do that. At this point SE is just giving it away essentially. I think it's been on Game Pass for a while? I haven't bothered. Even if it's free on Game Pass still not worth the time

Top Bottom