• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 | PS5 Showcase Reveal Trailer

SLB1904

Banned
E_BGGn2X0AAMDrF

Labolas

NGL I'm in but man, I'm not crazy with Miles being in this game, he feels like a sidekick rather than a fleshed out character then again Marvel already cut his strings off of being a real boy in the comics. Also not crazy about Harry being classic Venom. That's Brock, not Harry. Cautiously optimistic about this one.

KAL2006

Banned
After some thoughts I truly believe this game will have 2 player co op. It will likely be optional. Back in June inSomniac were hiring for a multiplayer project with good understanding of melee combat. If the campaign isn't multiplayer, then I think there will be a 2nd campaign that's co op or a standalone co op expansion/DLC, but reckon insomniac are going to take the risk and make the entire campaign co op and if you play on your own you control both characters with ai commands.

3 Games: Spider-Man Remastered, Spider-Man Miles Morales & Ratchet Clank: Rift Apart.

I stand corrected. That's more than any other studio out there. I think they have earned the right to skip a year, seeing as they will be spending it working on three projects at least. Something tells me however that should Sony release its next-gen VR helmet in late 2022, Insomniac would be there with a VR exclusive...😑

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Insomniac Games may have thrown off everyone by announcing its new Wolverine game but make no mistake – the studio is very much working on the next Spider-Man.

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 will be releasing in 2023 and sees both Miles Morales and Peter Parker being central characters. And yes, Venom is also present.

S0ULZB0URNE

God of War, GT7 and Horizon Forbidden West next year. I could see Spider-Man 2 the year after with the way Insomniac is cranking out games. Either way, I'm not seeing the problem with lack of PS5 exclusives.
Because it's underwhelming.

I don't see GOW R making 2022 either.
I am disappointed with PS5 exclusives since 2020 and that was only less than 2 months.

Don't want to get off topic to much but on point I don't see this game releasing any sooner than late 2023.

Last edited:

I am disappointed with PS5 exclusives since 2020 and that was only less than 2 months.

Don't want to get off topic to much but on point I don't see this game releasing any sooner than late 2023.
I am super pissed at Sony for their shenanigans but why wouldn't GOW:R make 2022? There's nothing to support that. Remember this was originally supposed to be 2021 (not that we believed that)?

Pedro Motta

Underwhelming? I really don't undertand these shit fanboy takes.

We've seen Horizon Forbidden West gameplay, we've seen God of War Ragnarok gameplay, we've seen GT7 gameplay, we've seen FF16 gameplay, we've seen Forspoken gameplay.

I could be here longer if I wanted. What have you seen on the competitions side that makes this a disappointing list?

S0ULZB0URNE

We've seen Horizon Forbidden West gameplay, we've seen God of War Ragnarok gameplay, we've seen GT7 gameplay, we've seen FF16 gameplay, we've seen Forspoken gameplay.

I could be here longer if I wanted. What have you seen on the competitions side that makes this a disappointing list?
This is the problem with gaf.
God forbid anybody criticizes something or has a opinion!

What am I a fanboy of? Please do tell.

Pedro Motta

This is the problem with gaf.
God forbid anybody criticizes something or has a opinion!

What am I a fanboy of? Please do tell.
LOL this is comedy gold.

So you criticize SpiderMan 2 for being "late" for releasing in 2023, when Insomniac released Spiderman, Miles Morales and Ratchet and Clank almost back to back. Still giving them the year of 2022 to finish a next gen AAA game is too much?

And if you don't want to be criticized for your shit takes in an open forum, just don't post here and go play victim somewhere else.

S0ULZB0URNE

LOL this is comedy gold.

So you criticize SpiderMan 2 for being "late" for releasing in 2023, when Insomniac released Spiderman, Miles Morales and Ratchet and Clank almost back to back. Still giving them the year of 2022 to finish a next gen AAA game is too much?

And if you don't want to be criticized for your shit takes in an open forum, just don't post here and go play victim somewhere else.
Didn't think I get a answer.

Falc67

You’re weird. I’m PS5 only, haven’t been Xbox since 360. I can agree that its so far away. Why would I care about Xbox games if I don’t even have one.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Looks decent. Original one was good fun. For the sequel they need to improve side-missions and activities as this was the weakest part of not only the first one but Miles Morales as well.

I would like to see more environmental puzzles and challenges and less Ubisoft style icons on the mini-map.

Heylon

God of War, GT7 and Horizon Forbidden West next year. I could see Spider-Man 2 the year after with the way Insomniac is cranking out games. Either way, I'm not seeing the problem with lack of PS5 exclusives.
God of War Ragnarok and Horizon aren’t PS5 exclusives.

Topher

Gold Member
God of War Ragnarok and Horizon aren’t PS5 exclusives.

Ah.....that's right. Either way, the games are only available on PlayStation. If true PS5 exclusivity is a must then frankly, I'd say re-prioritize. But that's me.

Top Bottom