• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 | PS5 Showcase Reveal Trailer

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Insomniac new logo

3zL73Oc.jpg

So pumped miles and Peter team up and

v e n o m !

and the icing on the cake …mutha tucking

w o l v e r I n e .

Nice I can’t wait for the future of ps5
Seems like future is the only thing to care about. By the time this game comes out the PS5 will have more than 3 years in the market.

CheshirexChrono

Neo Member
Won't lie, kind of wish they'd shown more. It looks great, the possible coop aspect was cool but I didn't get a whole lot from it. I guess it's still early days haha.

Robb

Gold Member
The only thing that sucked about this reveal is the 2023 date. Love that they brought in Venom!

Ulysses 31

Venom's now about picking fights to see who's stronger?

They changing Venom's origin story or is this some later story line in the comics?

Last edited:
They just released 3 games, and working on wolverine, what were you expecting? We're lucky it's only 2023.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago
l
Well seeing as they already have the game engine and a ton of assets for Spiderman already perhaps 2022 release? I mean lets be honest do you think it's an entire new game and engine they are building from the ground up for this?

Venom's now about picking fights to see who's stronger?

They changing Venom's origin story or is this some later story line in the comics?

If what we can gather from the post credit scene of the first game. and the ending of miles morales

It's more in line with the ultimate spider man venom story.

OH MY GOD! That dude has a GREAT voice for Venom!!!

The man is born to voice and play menacing roles imo. it's crazy, because he was actually gonna voice dormammu in doctor strange. sadly they let Benedict cumberbatch voice him instead. no offense to Benedict, great actor but damn Tony Todd is great for voicing powerful characters.

YukiOnna

We did not get the Symbiote Tobey Suit in the first game, right? Would be cool if they added it in this one with Venom in it.

Kerotan

I'm still pinching myself that we're getting spiderman 2 and wolverine both made exclusively for the ps5 and launched 1 year after the other. What a gen we have in store players!

Fake

the secret ending already introduced venom though. Harry is being "treated" by it.

I saw the secret ending, but I talking about Petter vs Venom rivality. IDK how this will work with two spider-man, but anw. Marvel have a reputation of making crossover into the movies.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Actually, I'd prefer if this was just another expansion like MM. MM was the right length for a largely repetitive game like this.
I can see that. Hopefully they eliminate some of the repetitiveness this time around, and get rid of some of those awful side missions or where you are sneaking around

Im convinced you will be playing as Venom. Craven is the voice over asking the questions and Venom answers. Also the logo at the end is Venoms colors. I think Peter and Miles jumping around was a red herring.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Marvel fans have yet another reason to eat well, as Sony has revealed Insomniac Games is working on Marvel's Spider-Man 2. The trailer for Spider-Man 2 features two major Spider-Man villains making their debuts in Insomniac's Marvel universe, and that's not all.

Let's break down everything we learned in the trailer, what we can expect from Peter Parker and Miles Morales' latest team-up, and, of course, the Venom of it all.

Yeah the visual fidelity of that trailer was fucking bonkers.

Insomniac are god-tier devs, still can't believe how amazing their output has been the last couple of years.
Yeah, they must have like 500+ highly skilled and talented employees, lol or just some of the best management in the industry.

ripeavocado

Banned
Assuming nothing changes, the city is much more detailed this time and this make sense because of the SSD.

Graphics wise, it looks ok for a next-gen title but hard to tell since the teaser it's not showing much.

Infamous Second Son blowing our minds was so long ago and I am starting to think it will never happen again.

Last edited:

skit_data

So this was Real Time!
Kinda like what they did with the Horizon Forbidden West reveal trailer which ended up looking pretty much identical to the demo, if this is the case... this might be our first look at what next gen AAA graphics will look like in a few years

Pretty significant information. I am not surprised though, their games look great and this is supposedly a PS5 only title. It will look absolutely great.

So this was Real Time!
Kinda like what they did with the Horizon Forbidden West reveal trailer which ended up looking pretty much identical to the demo, if this is the case... this might be our first look at what next gen AAA graphics will look like in a few years

That's a good sign. I'm looking forward to an extended look at the game.

Top Bottom