• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 | PS5 Showcase Reveal Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

Coming exclusively on PS5

We’re so thrilled to continue the journey of both Peter Parker and Miles Morales in their most epic single-player adventure yet, coming exclusively to PlayStation 5 consoles in 2023.
We not only want to tell a great Super Hero story, but also deliver a compelling human story, one full of heart and humor that dives deep into the people behind the mask.
Much of the development team that brought you Marvel’s Spider-Man is returning to produce Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, including Bryan Intihar (creative director) and Ryan Smith (game director).

E-3x0_WVUActNAt
E-3xzUZVUBIuLTw

Today’s game footage trailer is merely just a glimpse at what’s in store in terms of the new abilities our heroes will acquire, suits they will wear (more on that some other time), and the villains that will try to hunt them down.
And speaking of villains, did you catch that final line at the end of the trailer? We’re so happy to announce that Tony Todd (of Candyman fame) will be voicing the symbiote-fueled Venom in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2.

We’re also delighted to welcome back Yuri Lowenthal and Nadji Jeter, who will reprise their roles as Peter and Miles respectively. We’ve been fortunate to work with so many incredibly talented actors in our Spider-Man games, and Tony has been such a wonderful addition to the cast.

Last edited:

Urban

CANT WAIT!!!

Thats the original Voice from Venom of the movies right?

LOOKS SOOO GOOD! FUCK

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Both spider-man in one game is great my only concern is if Insomaic has anything left in the tank for later in the PS5’s life. Sony gamers will EAT THIS UP.
see ya goodbye GIF by WWE

Nickolaidas

Banned
My thoughts on the trailer.

The one who speaks must be Morlun. He challenges the Spiders to give him a battle he will remember before feasting on their life-force.

But it sounds like Venom will challenge him, which implies that Venom may become playable at some point in the game.

If true, megaton.

EDIT: Also, Venom looks perfect. Like, holy shit perfect.

lDg36OK.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait, and I seriously hope is PS5 exclusive.

It said Playstation studios, plus both are developed by insomniac. it's safe to these are 100% exclusive.

Edit: I think you meant ps5 only and not cross gen, that idk for sure. we'll have to see this is sony we are talking about here.

Last edited:
CANT WAIT!!!

Thats the original Voice from Venom of the movies right?

LOOKS SOOO GOOD! FUCK

This doesn't sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger, so no.

Can't not lie, between this and wolverine. insomniac games is slowly turning into the home for marvel games. And it's exciting!!

Best thing that happened to IGs was to team up with Marvel IMO. Worked out pretty damn well for Marvel too as their best games have been coming from IGs, so far.

Wolverine looks to be going for a rated M theme too.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I get there are fans for all these superhero games, but why does Insomniac now get to only do that ? Spiderman 2, Wolverine.....

So many people want Resistance......a new entry or even true remasters of the original trilogy. Im just tired of all the Superhero games in general

ZywyPL

Banned
Let me guess, Eddie/Venom will be just the main villain that appears in cut-scenes and final boss fight instead of the main character that you play? Man, I'd really love a rated M Venom vs Carnage game, fuck Peter Parker, he had his game already :/

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I get there are fans for all these superhero games, but why does Insomniac now get to only do that ? Spiderman 2, Wolverine.....

So many people want Resistance......a new entry or even true remasters of the original trilogy. Im just tired of all the Superhero games in general

C'mon man. We haven't had a Batman in 6 years. At least we got Spidey

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Only… you forget they just released Ratchet and Clank?

Well no i didnt forget that. Scooped that up day one and platinumed it. Im saying that it seems now they're only going to be delegated to Superhero games for the foreseeable future and IMO that sucks. We already have alot of them coming out.

IMO, they should be doing one superhero title and then something else not two superhero games at once. Thats overkill, sorry.

Very simple answer. Spider-Man 1 has probably outsold the Resistance franchise by itself. Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine will sell a shitload of copies. Resistance, not so much.

Furthermore they also just released Ratchet, so they still have bandwidth for those franchises, but my guess is Spidey and Wolvie will get the A team.

Well no i didnt forget that. Scooped that up day one and platinumed it. Im saying that it seems now they're only going to be delegated to Superhero games for the foreseeable future and IMO that sucks. We already have alot of them coming out.

IMO, they should be doing one superhero title and then something else not two superhero games at once. Thats overkill, sorry.

To each their own. We haven't had a lot of AAA Cape super hero games. Fighting games, Batman from Rocksteady and SM/MM from IGs are the only two I can think of right now. Midnight Suns is looking great and so is Spidey 2/Wolverine. Even Guardians is looking to be better than Avengers. The latter being a major miss from SE.

Meanwhile we have a lot of AAA shooters coming out every year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom