• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 PS5 rumor on Reddit

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
news_spider_man_miles_morales_infos_boss_video_ps5_1.jpg

What the leaker say:
Before I start I want to explain something important: I leaked the new Final Fantasy game and more Square Enix titles over 9 months ago, I even had Jason Shriner debunk my leaks and say I'm faking. Turns out not only did he know Final Fantasy XVI was in development but actively lied about my leak.

STORY: The main story is about vengeance. It's set right after Miles Morales, once Peter returns from his trip with Mary Jane, they break up once Mary Jane comes back to New York. This 'deepens' Peter and his morals start to change. Harry Osborne who has awakened has lost his sense of moral, the once caring person, is alternated. Later on we find out its because of the symbiote. (I’m going to make more detailed depth post of the three Acts)

SETTING: Whole of New York and New Jersey is now playable along with the RAFT - KINGPIN Boss Fight.

GAMEPLAY: VERY SIMILAR remastered version.

GADGETS: I only know two new gadgets right now, the tracker seen in the Animated series and a a stronger web shooter which shoots balls.

VILLIANS LIST as of December Build: KINGPIN. MYSTERIO. VENOM. GREEN GOBLIN. CHAMELON. And THE BIGGEST ONE IS KRAVEN THE HUNTER - not only his he is a set up villain for the third game, his also going to be the one changing Peters morals throughout. NO CARNAGE - the leak which said carnage was showing was never a thing for insomniac.

HEROES LIST as of December Build: MARY JANE - PLAYABLE. MILES MOLARLES - PLAYABLE. YURKIO WATANABE - she's a anti villain throughout the game. SLIVER SABLE. BLACK CAT - Who is retired, but has a side mission.

REALISE: Q4 OF 2022

Reddit link

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
If they reuse New York again (which they kind of have to), it's feasible they could release games quite quickly. Also who is Jason Shriner - is he the less assholey version of Schreier?

Last edited:

mejin

Dunno about the rumour, but considering Insomniac is extremely prolific I think Spider 2 is not that far.

Nymphae

Banned
If they reuse New York again (which they kind of have to), it's feasible they could release games quite quickly. Also who is Jason Shriner - is he the less assholey version of Schreier?

I don't see them wanting to make an entire new city, adding segments to the existing map makes the most sense I think, then they can indeed turn these around much quicker. Really just how important is the city anyway, I doubt I'll be bored with the environment so long as they have a good story, good villains, good mission designs.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
STORY: The main story is about vengeance. It's set right after Miles Morales, once Peter returns from his trip with Mary Jane, they break up once Mary Jane comes back to New York. T

Who paid for that trip, if Peter paid, then this is real salty, if Mary Jane paid I can see her not having a future with Peter.

cormack12

Gold Member
I don't see them wanting to make an entire new city, adding segments to the existing map makes the most sense I think, then they can indeed turn these around much quicker. Really just how important is the city anyway, I doubt I'll be bored with the environment so long as they have a good story, good villains, good mission designs.

I would kind of like it if some studio's kept a consistent map. You just get familiar with it and bang, new map to learn after 60 hours. They could easily reuse SF or Chicago from WD again and I'd have a bit of familiarity knowing where to go cutting down on sat nav use.

I would kind of like it if some studio's kept a consistent map. You just get familiar with it and bang, new map to learn after 60 hours. They could easily reuse SF or Chicago from WD again and I'd have a bit of familiarity knowing where to go cutting down on sat nav use.
I've explored Kamurocho for almost 10 games now and still enjoy it, so this is definitely true.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
If this game is a Q4 2022 game..........WHOA! Sony really does seem to have their ducks in a row.

Moogle11

Banned
If this game is a Q4 2022 game..........WHOA! Sony really does seem to have their ducks in a row.

Yeah they were pretty clearly well positioned to have a steady stream of big releases coming out the first 2-3 years of PS5. Sucker Punch with Ghost of Tshushima and Naughty Dog with TLOU2 are the only major teams to put out games this year. Most of their other studios should have games ready 2021, 2022, or 2023 for sure, so they should be able to keep sales momentum going strong.

Heartkiller

Not gonna lie, smells like bullshit.

The gadget bit, in particular. Trackers? I mean, I guess if there are some extended stealth/chase sequences maybe. And we pretty much already had a big web ball in the original game. None of this reads like anything that you couldn't guess by playing the original game. Especially the gameplay part. "It's like the remaster!". So... it's like the original game? Odd way to phrase that and it's a whole lot of nothing anway.

VertigoOA

Banned
As someone from Queens ... and as someone who boycott’s Disney/Marvel/Star Wars.... i’d consider buying it if Queens is recreated...

Best Boro

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
My uncle works at Nintendo.

I wonder how people who actually had uncles who worked at nintendo felt when people said this.

As someone from Queens ... and as someone who boycott’s Disney/Marvel/Star Wars.... i’d consider buying it if Queens is recreated...

Best Boro

The problem is verticality... same thing with most of Brooklyn.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
September 2022 sounds about right. Imagine Horizon II: Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok and Spider Man 2 in 2022. Sounds great to me!!!

So if someone predicts they'll make another Spider-Man, and then they do, does that person become a credible source?

Because, I would like to predict that Nintendo will make a new Mario game, Ubisoft will make another Assassin's Creed game, Activision isn't finished with the Call of Duty franchise and the sun will rise over 300 times in 2021.

Last edited:
I m not gonna read in case its true 😅😅 but spiderman 2 is minimum 2 years away.so whats the point of speculating 2 years in advance

yurinka

Sounds fine to me, but I'd ask Insomniac to include Carnage in that villians list or maybe to replace the Chamaleon with him. But who knows, maybe they are saving Carnage and Spider Gwen for Spider-Man 3.
I m not gonna read in case its true 😅😅 but spiderman 2 is minimum 2 years away.so whats the point of speculating 2 years in advance
Insomniac had a tradition of releasing several games per year and they grew a lot after being purchased by Sony and having that huge success with the first Spider-Man. They must have multiple dev teams.

If in 2020 only have Morales and in 2021 only will have Ratchet, then make sure they will have Spider-Man 2 ready for 2022.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
I tend to hate all superheroes, so its not my thing but... another spiderman game? feels like it can start to produce some fatigue

Kholinar

Banned
I tend to hate all superheroes, so its not my thing but... another spiderman game? feels like it can start to produce some fatigue

You sound like those pompous film critics who drone on and on about superhero film fatigue yet they continue to rake in the billions. With the amount of remasters, remakes, and annual sequels in this industry, any talk of 'fatigue' is just silly.

It'l happen, no doubt...It better have a dynamic day/night cycle when it does though. I can't imagine it releasing any time too soon, would it? I'm guessing 2023.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Don't care about story.

My requests:

- Let me skip cutscenes
- If a mission involves walking slowly, or otherwise not being Spiderman with all his powers, murder whoever came up with it and don't include it

Arachnid

news_spider_man_miles_morales_infos_boss_video_ps5_1.jpg

What the leaker say:
Before I start I want to explain something important: I leaked the new Final Fantasy game and more Square Enix titles over 9 months ago, I even had Jason Shriner debunk my leaks and say I'm faking. Turns out not only did he know Final Fantasy XVI was in development but actively lied about my leak.

STORY: The main story is about vengeance. It's set right after Miles Morales, once Peter returns from his trip with Mary Jane, they break up once Mary Jane comes back to New York. This 'deepens' Peter and his morals start to change. Harry Osborne who has awakened has lost his sense of moral, the once caring person, is alternated. Later on we find out its because of the symbiote. (I’m going to make more detailed depth post of the three Acts)

SETTING: Whole of New York and New Jersey is now playable along with the RAFT - KINGPIN Boss Fight.

GAMEPLAY: VERY SIMILAR remastered version.

GADGETS: I only know two new gadgets right now, the tracker seen in the Animated series and a a stronger web shooter which shoots balls.

VILLIANS LIST as of December Build: KINGPIN. MYSTERIO. VENOM. GREEN GOBLIN. CHAMELON. And THE BIGGEST ONE IS KRAVEN THE HUNTER - not only his he is a set up villain for the third game, his also going to be the one changing Peters morals throughout. NO CARNAGE - the leak which said carnage was showing was never a thing for insomniac.

HEROES LIST as of December Build: MARY JANE - PLAYABLE. MILES MOLARLES - PLAYABLE. YURKIO WATANABE - she's a anti villain throughout the game. SLIVER SABLE. BLACK CAT - Who is retired, but has a side mission.

REALISE: Q4 OF 2022

Reddit link
Kraven is the biggest villain in a Spidey game featuring Goblin and Venom?
New Jersey playable?
Pete and MJ break up again?
Kingpin is out of jail after Peter already spent his entire 8 year Spidey career (everything leading up to the first game) dealing with him alone?
The Raft is having yet another jail break?

This is BS. Also, the poster provided nothing to back up his claims. He claimed to have leaked the new FF, but didn't back that up in any way. His post is deleted and had no upvotes or traction before it was deleted. This is a single reddit poster making claims that not even reddit believed. Why is this a thread?

Top Bottom