• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spain week 1 sales: Nintendo Switch ~20K, Playstation 4 ~4K, Xbox Series X/S ~490, and Playstation 5 ~470.

Bodomism

Banned
Top 10 software
1. FIFA 21 (PS4): 15.150 / 360.000
2. Just Dance 2021 (Switch): 7.500 / 85.000
3. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch): 7.200 / 520.000
4. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
6. Super Mario Party (Switch)
7. FIFA 21 (Switch)
8. Super Mario 3D All-Stars (Switch)
9. Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
10. 51 Worldwide Games (Switch): 4.800 / 50.000

Hardware numbers
Switch: 20.000
PlayStation 4: 4.000
Xbox Series X|S: 490 / 28.300
PlayStation 5: 470 / 78.900

Nintendo Switch hardware sales momentum isn't slowing down despite nearing its full 4 years on the market and closing to 2M units hardware milestone in Spain very soon. Hardware sales isn't only the impressive part but Nintendo Switch exclusives are still selling incredibly well even with many competitors on the market.

Stuart360

Man its going to be a while until people can walk into stores and see these consoles sat on shelves isnt it. 500 consoles each in a country as big as Spain.

Rikkori

Don't expect much relief to happen in 2021 either tbh. It's maybe with 2022 and the switch to 5nm for others that things will improve for 7nm products.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
PS4 selling more than next gen consoles is pretty sad, it shows the hunger yet they can't meet the demand.

Also why the fuck PS4 Slim on amazon is $394.99?

Spain getting starved on supply. All about stocking NA and the UK where the competition is between Xbox/PS. Meanwhile the Switch swoops in while the other dogs fight.

Last edited:

NewChoppa

Banned
Damn, didn’t realise the supply issues were that bad with the PS5. Sony really have to sort that out...

Good on the Switch though, should be a massive year for it with so many rumoured 2021 releases coming from Nintendo

Nezzeroth

Supply has been really terrible in Spain for both next-gen consoles. You can't even find XSX despite demand being much lower than PS5.

ethomaz

Banned
I don't if related but Brasil started to get better stock.
I mean before we were getting new stocks to 20-30 days of delivery.
Today we have stocks to delivery in Feb 1.... basically 5 days.

Maybe it is happening in others countries... or maybe it was just an exception case.

zedinen

Update

Spain, Week 4 - Hardware
PlayStation 5: 5,050 / 87,350
Switch: 3,300
PlayStation 4: 1,500
Xbox Series X|S: 900 / 33,450
Xbox One: 120

What do you do for fun in the generations where Nintendo consoles sell horribly B Bodomism ?

You seem to only want to talk about sales, not games, and only the weeks, months, and territories where Nintendo is winning. Wii U, N64 and GameCube must have been dark times for you (assuming you're old enough to remember those days).

What will happen when PS5 supply catches up and Switch sales decline? No longer separate weekly threads for every tiny region?

Last edited:

nordique

The fact FIFA 21 on switch is a piss poor port that is a re skin and selling is abysmal.
Hope EA actually put some effort next year.

I know that’s asking for way too much.

Last edited:

e&e

Banned
What do you do for fun in the generations where Nintendo consoles sell horribly B Bodomism ?

You seem to only want to talk about sales, not games, and only the weeks, months, and territories where Nintendo is winning. Wii U, N64 and GameCube must have been dark times for you (assuming you're old enough to remember those days).

What will happen when PS5 supply catches up and Switch sales decline? No longer separate weekly threads for every tiny region?
Hmm...is this your schtick? I’ve seen you do this before in a thread you obviously have no interest in. Why do you give a shit what the poster does?

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
Update

Spain, Week 4 - Hardware
PlayStation 5: 5,050 / 87,350
Switch: 3,300
PlayStation 4: 1,500
Xbox Series X|S: 900 / 33,450
Xbox One: 120
I wonder if they will have a few dry weeks on the ps5 after a few weeks of any availability or if sony is actually able to sure up the supply, that under 1k for the first week is really bad, but 5 k is at least something.

ethomaz

Banned
Where do these numbers come from?
I believe it come from vandal.

There is the TOP10 software too.

1. FIFA 21 (PS4): 8.000 / 370.000
2. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
3. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch): LTD sales 353.000
4. Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4)
5. Pokémon Espada y Escudo (Switch)
6. Ring Fit Adventure (Switch)
7. Just Dance 2021 (Switch)