• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spain Charts : PS5 & Xbox Series X/S launch week

Evilms

Banned
PS5 is the best launch of a Sony home console in Spain :

• PS5 : 43 000 units (19 November 2020)
  • PS2 : 40 000 units (24 November 2000)
  • PS4 : 38 000 units (29 November 2013)
  • PS3 : 35 000 units (23 March 2007)
But the best launch for a Sony console in Spain is for the PSP with 54 200 units (1 September 2005)

Xbox Series X/S has had a launch similar to the previous Microsoft consoles :

• Xbox One : 15 000 units (22 November 2013)
  • Xbox 360 : 14 900 units (2 December 2005)
  • Xbox Series X/S : 14 100 units (10 November 2020)

Nintendo Wii : 15 000 units
Nintendo Wii U : 9 000 units
Nintendo Switch : 44 673 units

Last edited:

DonJimbo

R4ZyXOq.jpg

Humdinger

Interesting, but it's hard to put a lot of stock in early sales figures, because of supply constraints.

Are there a bunch of XSXs sitting on the shelf, or are they all sold out?

I can't even find Xbox games and accessories among the biggest retailers over here, so this number is a lot more bigger than what I was expecting.

Evilms

Banned
Some additional information from Vandal podcast :

• PS5 second shipment is sold out. For this one, it is not going to be possible to get consoles from shops, only home deliveries are allowed.
  • Near 20.000 units that will arrive by December 15th.
  • Retailers do not expect to have units of PS5 consoles on shelves until March-April.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Hmm, those numbers seems to in line of what we have here 14k XS vs 50k of PS5....HMMM

How much bigger Spain is? Hmm 5x, weird.

I hope MS have a repacking/redistribution centre in Europe, because right now they should be scooping up every bit of spare inventory, swapping the packaging/plugs over and sending everything to the UK.

aries_71

Before we laugh too hard, and rejoice at this epic victory form our benevolent and allmighty Sony lords, let’s take into account that there’s not a single XSX available for sale in the entire Iberian peninsula. Not online, not in retail. Apparently MS, may our Sony Lords confuse them, sold every single one that was allocated here.

longdi

Banned
Spain is always PS country iic. With the later production shortage of SXSS, i don't think MS allocated too much over there. So it makes sense for each of them to select their battles 🤷‍♀️

I wonder if somebody named their child Playstation Fifth or something.

But the best launch for a Sony console in Spain is for the PSP with 54 200 units
So even then people already started to go after portables...If Sony did not discontinue PSP it would be trading blows with Switch these days. Probably not, but still it would sell. Though, the problem was that PSP/Vita had a separate set of games unlike Switch.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Xbox fan base is pretty loyal. Would’ve expected even less considering the horrible years they’ve had, with an uneventful 2020 in terms of software and a 2021 that looks like like one of the worst droughts in recent memory.

Birdo

Banned
Hates? Or just doesn’t have a good history of good enough games for them to want it?

Well, it goes back to the 360 era, when Xbox was at it's most poular and had great exclusives. So there must be more to it 🤷‍♂️

Some cultures are just more susceptible to brand loyalty I assume (See japan and Nintendo for another example). It's only really the US and UK who don't have any brand allegiances.

Last edited:

Sweden85

Interesting, but it's hard to put a lot of stock in early sales figures, because of supply constraints.

Are there a bunch of XSXs sitting on the shelf, or are they all sold out?

Here in Norway, they are both sold out.. but PS5 was sold out before day one, while you could still get and Xbox series x this week at some places.

Khyle

Neo Member
Well, Spain is sonyland. Older people even call any console "la plei" (the play), no matter if it's an Xbox or a 3DS. If that ever changes, which I doubt, it sure as hell won't happen overnight. Sony has even published a 15 minute-long ad where you could see several celebrities (youtubers and streamers, actors, comedians, big names in sport, etc) talking about PS5. We will never see something like that with Xbox.

That said, Xbox sold as much as it could possibly sell given the lack of supply, which was very short because Microsoft doesn't really believe it has a chance. Hopefully they will improve their numbers after the disaster that were Xbox One's numbers here.

And yeah, that DBZ opening is the best thing ever. :messenger_relieved:

Last edited:

ANIMAL1975

Before we laugh too hard, and rejoice at this epic victory form our benevolent and allmighty Sony lords, let’s take into account that there’s not a single XSX available for sale in the entire Iberian peninsula. Not online, not in retail. Apparently MS, may our Sony Lords confuse them, sold every single one that was allocated here.
OK now we gonna laugh to hard

Top Bottom