• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpaceX Dragonship Endeavor Launch: The Future Begins Now

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
When is the SpaceX Dragon launch?

The launch is scheduled for 1633 EDT (2032 GMT) on Wednesday, 27 May, with backup launch windows at 1522 EDT (1922 GMT) on Saturday, 30 May, and 1500 EDT (1900 GMT) on Sunday, 31 May.

This will be SpaceX's first manned mission, sending NASA astronauts up to the International Space Station, and finally bridging America's manned launch gap since the retirement of the Space Shuttle over nine years ago. In the interim, we've been reliant on Russian rockets.

New baller future spacesuits? Roger.

mvZkxF9.jpg

Capsule exterior:

16kLuZl.jpg

Capsule interior:

H9Icvv1.jpg

fCeMVGm.gif

Strap yourselves in, boys and girls. We're seeing the beginning of the future of space flight, and the first manned steps toward Elon's vision of a multi-planet civilization.

tMzRcrG.jpg

Skyfox

I have only one child, she is under the age of 6. In a few years I think we might have the first woman on the moon and it's great to show her stuff like this.

God bless NASA :messenger_rocket::messenger_heart:

EY8oMzZUEAE3Y7w

Crew Dragon Demo-2 will be the first crewed test flight of the Crew Dragon spacecraft, scheduled for launch to the International Space Station on 27 May 2020 at 20:33:33 UTC.

Start date: May 27, 2020
Docking date: 28 May 2020, 15:29 UTC (planned)
Spacecraft: Crew Dragon C206
Docking port: Harmony forward
Launch site: Kennedy Space Center
Members: Douglas G. Hurley, Robert L. Behnken

EYf6GmDX0AAmb_7

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket with the company's Crew Dragon spacecraft onboard is seen as it is rolled out of the horizontal integration facility at Launch Complex 39A as preparations continue for the Demo-2 mission, Thursday, May 21, 2020, at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. NASA’s SpaceX Demo-2 mission is the first launch with astronauts of the SpaceX Crew Dragon spacecraft and Falcon 9 rocket to the International Space Station as part of the agency’s Commercial Crew Program. The flight test will serve as an end-to-end demonstration of SpaceX’s crew transportation system. Behnken and Hurley are scheduled to launch at 4:33 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, May 27, from Launch Complex 39A at the Kennedy Space Center. A new era of human spaceflight is set to begin as American astronauts once again launch on an American rocket from American soil to low-Earth orbit for the first time since the conclusion of the Space Shuttle Program in 2011

EY8jlmlXQAcjegu

NASA Mission Updates:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
There are other better space programs than NASA including SpaceX and what they're trying to do is really impressive.

E-Cat

Pumped for this, bring on the next chapter in conscious life backing itself up.

Those spacesuits are not what I would describe as 'baller', however.

tkscz

So are NASA and SpaceX collaborating or is SpaceX just using NASA astronauts? Cause it kind of looks like NASA is trying to take credit.

Are the chances high/low that the launch window (12:22 pm pacific time based on google, but correct me if I am wrong) will be hit or is there just no way to know until we get there?

(Basically, are delays inevitable?)

Last edited:
So are NASA and SpaceX collaborating or is SpaceX just using NASA astronauts? Cause it kind of looks like NASA is trying to take credit.

This still feels to me like NASA paying $ for a ride since they don't own a ship. You still have to do things their way (when not in Russia).

Last edited:
I dunno which emotion would be stronger, my excitement about going into space in new tech, or my pants shitting terror of going into space in new tech. I'd definitely feel safer in this bad boy than in one of the old shuttles.
Godspeed gentlemen, looking forward to watching the launch.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
So sleek compared to anything made by Nasa. Really shows the difference between private industry vs goverment.
The space shuttles probably looked pretty damn cool when they were rolled out 45 years ago. Still do TBH.
Not sure if i like the glossy plastic interior of the Dragon, but its otherwise wholly visually unremarkable.

I mean, how can you not think this is the most badass thing in the history of human civilization:

Last edited:

no bullshit, I am hyped! I want this to go smooth. Even though I hate main stream news media it would be nice to see them buzzing about a moon landing in modern times.

I want to live to see the day we are streaming from the moon in 4K

Top Bottom