• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorry EA. If it isn’t named FIFA, it's garbage. FIFA itself tells us.

FIFA has said it will “launch new football video games developed with third-party studios and publishers”, with the governing body’s president, Gianni Infantino, vowing in a statement that these titles would be “THE BEST”.

“I can assure you that the only authentic, real game that has the FIFA name will be the best one available for gamers and football fans,” he said.

“The FIFA name is the only global, original title. FIFA 23, FIFA 24, FIFA 25 and FIFA 26, and so on — the constant is the FIFA name and it will remain forever and remain THE BEST.”

Gianni Infantino's judgment is absolutely fantatsic by the way

3000.jpeg

Last edited:

A.Romero

Can't wait to see them fail.

I'm sorry for the section of the market that might get confused and gets FIFA game when what they really want is EA's. That's all the possible sales that I can see FIFA getting.

Belthazar

He has no idea what he's talking about and I'm very curious to see how FIFA 24 will turn out (if they ever find a publisher willing to pay up that is)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Remember how that worked out for MLB because nobody wanted the third party licensee?

So they went to Sony's king of baseball after their games failed and worked out a deal for 3rd party license instead of Sony's standard 1st party license.

So they are gonna create fifa 23 in less than a year of development?

Good luck.
Hey now, there are clowns on here who thought that about the MLB situation where they attempted to paint Sony's back against the wall. When that was further from the truth.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Yeah, they have no clue. They're done. Idiots probably looked down on games and have no idea what kind of insane investment it takes to remain competitive.

If I was them I'd shop it out to teams in China. No one else is willing to pay that much for a license. Konami could maybe make a good game, but they would never pay that much for a license. They totally wrecked themselves on this.

Kssio_Aug

Yeah, sure... because a game is just a name, and not the product of years of investment, like EA did to it.

Good luck to FIFA, these greedy fuckers...

Actually...

katy perry middle finger GIF

Jaybe

If EA wasn’t going to pay FIFA’s asking price, no one will. Would you even get the Premier League teams and rosters with just the FIFA license?

ClosBSAS

This guy has no idea what the fuck he's talking about.
And ea has no idea how to make a good football game since 2015. So I really hope ea's crap ends with this and we get real football games not some bullshit card p2w simulator.

anthony2690

Banned
Let's be honest the fifa game franchise is dead now, honestly who is going to pay 1 billion for the FIFA name? Especially when it doesn't come with any off the important stuff like teams and player likenesses.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
FIFA has said it will “launch new football video games developed with third-party studios and publishers”, with the governing body’s president, Gianni Infantino, vowing in a statement that these titles would be “THE BEST”.

“I can assure you that the only authentic, real game that has the FIFA name will be the best one available for gamers and football fans,” he said.

“The FIFA name is the only global, original title. FIFA 23, FIFA 24, FIFA 25 and FIFA 26, and so on — the constant is the FIFA name and it will remain forever and remain THE BEST.”

I think this game will change it's name to Fifa soon:

Ufl gameplay reveal video.

If it turns out to be true, I will create a twitter account as a reliable insider.

Catphish

Loved NFL2K, licensing bullshit insures I'll never see that again
Loved EA's MVP Baseball, licensing bullshit insures I'll never see that again
Loved EA's FIFA World Cup games, licensing bullshit insures I'll never see that again

Too bad I don't love the NBA.

Top Bottom