• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonys upcoming Multiplayer Games have the ability to take them to the next level

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
As for Sony, they struggle with online games. SOCOM, Resistance, Killzone have no mindshare at all.
Resistance and Killzone sure, but if Sony advertises it and makes it good enough SOCOM can become popular again.
I just think sony needs to create more Multiplayer IPs (some really fucking good ones, too) and advertise the hell out of them. Billboards, TV/Youtube commericals, sponsors, getting bigtime youtube/twitch streamers to play the game, etc. that's the only way a multiplayer game from sony could become omega popular, especially in the face of MS who basically owns all of the competition now.

I’m talking about third person cinematic narrative driven action games. I don’t see the comparison between Uncharted and those two dude. Not having a go or anything

Deviation games project is a FPS which is a good start considering a lot of stuff on Sony’s part is third person.

Cinematic games will always be from Sony's camp. Nobody else have it in their DNA to make it like that.

I was talking about SP games.

How is Redfall going to be better than Uncharted?

Granted, Starfield, Avowed and Fable should be some of the biggest and Bess single player games in the industry when they release.

As for Sony, they struggle with online games. SOCOM, Resistance, Killzone have no mindshare at all. Their best hope for a mainstream game is an exclusive Bungie competitive shooter.

I am gonna give Arkane benefit of doubt. They claim Redfall plays well as SP game, so am gonna believe it till it releases.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
The point is, Xbox fans want you to believe that MS is putting out a lot of great MP games with a strong player base and that's simply not true. Sony hasn't put out much because most of their main studios were developing SP games and they're currently working on many MP games. The belief that many people have in here that it will be nearly impossible to make a successful MP title than the ones mentioned above is really funny.
Sea of Thieves from my experience is very popular, though i know that Halo Infinite on steam is a complete joke (better F2P games exist on steam frankly)
that being said, Xbox DOES make GREAT mp titles even if they don't have great playerbases. Forza Horizon 5 especially is extremely fun with friends. It's kind of why people got their panties in a twist when Halo Infinite's SP Co-op was cancelled- people want to play their games with friends, it's how they're best experienced

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Xbox is gonna get better stuff than Uncharted etc with Starfield, Redfall etc.
My dude, Redfall isn't even SINGLEPLAYER. As for Starfield.....
If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Little Chicken

Gold Member
It's difficult to predict what the next big thing is. Sony could come up with the world's best MP game and then 30 minutes later along comes a $2 indie game where you have to roll an egg around a table that explodes and steals its thunder.

FalsettoVibe

Gold Member
Have you seen thread title??

I did. My question to you is, do you understand it.....

Non-definitive statement:

Sonys upcoming Multiplayer Games have the ability to take them to the next level​

Pretty dang definitive:
Xbox is gonna get better stuff than Uncharted etc with Starfield, Redfall etc.

My assumption is far more grounded in reality.

A reality that doesn't exist yet and even then is still 100% objective.....

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom