• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's San Diego Studio is STILL OPERATING/WORKING ON NEW SECRET PROJECT according to former dev (JimBros, GET ITT!!!™)

The plot thickens

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

nice edit dude, but i was not taking a dig, i consider first party studios organic and ppl join and leave teams as they please its an organic developement after all

I literally edited before I saw your reply Lol.
And the person on the 1st page wasn’t you who made the Organic growth comment.

I think what playstation means by organic growth is, they work with a studio multiple times before acquiring them or not buying them. Test the waters out. Same with Nintendo mostly.
Insomaniac worked with Playstation for years before they bought them.

Where as XBox splashed billions for companies they never done exclusives for and even a studio that worked with Playstation exclusives ( like Heavenly sword/ Timed exclusive Hell’s blade - Ninja Theory )

mansoor1980

I literally edited before I saw your reply Lol.
And the person on the 1st page wasn’t you who made the Organic growth comment.

I think what playstation means by organic growth is, they work with a studio multiple times before acquiring them or not buying them. Test the waters out. Same with Nintendo mostly.

Where as XBox splashed billions for companies they never done exclusives for and even a studio that worked with Playstation exclusives ( like Heavenly sword/ Timed exclusive Hell’s blade - Ninja Theory )
when i think organic its
polyphony
SSM
naughty dog
japan studio
london studio which has former psygnosis members
bend studio
some more that i might have missed but basically developers that have been there from the beginning
and organic studio is a cool word in my opinion

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I just hope it's not another uncharted game.

Let the series rest.

I agree but Uncharted 4 sold over 15 million copies so that’s easy recoup money. I’m glad they didn’t tie ND to the franchise though. Building a new studio was the best way forward to keep everyone happy.

Spokker

San Diego Studios primarily makes MLB The Show. They are going multiplatform with The Show and there is bound to be some changes.

Is there another secret San Diego Studio?

mortal

Gold Member
I understand the Uncharted IP is extremely successful and profitable for Sony, but I would be very pleased to find out this new studio's first big production is an original IP.

New gen means new IPs in addition to refined sequels. Exciting stuff.

Would be pretty neat if this new studio and their title were revealed at this year's VGA. Then again Sony might continue doing things on their terms well into next year.

yurinka

I understand the Uncharted IP is extremely successful and profitable for Sony, but I would be very pleased to find out this new studio's first big production is an original IP.

New gen means new IPs in addition to refined sequels. Exciting stuff.

Would be pretty neat if this new studio and their title were revealed at this year's VGA. Then again Sony might continue doing things on their terms well into next year.
I think this new studio exists basically because ND doesn't want to make another Uncharted game and instead to make a new IP and probably TLOU3.

Players and Sony want more Uncharted, so someone else have to do it. All their AAA studios have very succesful IPs, so I think that what would make sense would be to create a new studio to make Uncharted games. Maybe with some staff from previous Uncharted games, with someone from ND overviewing it and providing guidance or a bit of support. And well, this team also can work with the same huge amount of outsourcing companies who did work in the previous Uncharted games.

Kerotan

I said exactly that was a probability in the other thread. Hopefully their project goes well and I wouldn't say no to uncharted 5 if it means NG get to try out a new IP.

Keihart

I don't know about you Rick, but this was kinda implied in the earlier thread and the OP tittle read a lot like jumping the gun.

gojira96

I, for one, would really like another Uncharted game, specially if the main character is Sully.
However, I agree with the majority opinion that a new IP is more than welcome.

Sony, if you don't want to produce more Uncharted games, you better buy the Tomb Raider IP!! lol

Eternal21

If that's what PS means by 'organic growth' then I think they're using the term wrong. It should mean you buy a small studio and it grows into a AAA powerhouse like Naughty Dog.

I have an inside information on what exactly they are developing!

It has AWESOME grfx.
It is 3rd person n kinda plays it self in-between cut scenes cos those gorgeous animations NEED TO CONNECT
It has this wonderful story that is as save n generic as it is GAAAAY n then TWIST...turns out Trump was bad all along cos devs are vegan californians
And hey...no better ending then a quick time event.
70$ please u bigots... Yeah yeah you, we recorded all your sexism n now you are banned

Phil, look what you've done to your xbox fans. 😑

Arun1910

Would love a new Uncharted but it would have to do something different. I don't know what, but it needs to really raise the bar in a new way from UC4 and Lost Legacy.

bitbydeath

Would love a new Uncharted but it would have to do something different. I don't know what, but it needs to really raise the bar in a new way from UC4 and Lost Legacy.

Yeah, I also hope they make something else after reaping the Uncharted money.

Studios should rotate between money makers and risks for each new title.

Top Bottom