• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Q2 FY Results: 113.6 million PS4's sold. 45.9 million PS Plus subscribers as of September, 30 2020. 107 million Monthly Active Users.

I always wondered why Xbox players use Butthurt emotes. Do they really think Xbox would become a better gaming platform the more they imagine other people being upset? So much so that they imagine people being angry, when they are just laughing at them?

No one is afraid, no one is buthurt, and no one really cares. Xbox fans should focus on giving feedback to their own side instead of pretending their side could do no wrong. Their devotion is hurting Xbox Division, the more it seemed like an ecco chamber. Maybe if somebody had caught on to the issues of Halo Infinite early enough, Craig might not have happened.

I'm very happy the way Xbox is going, that's why I'm switching from PS4 to XSX in the first place. If all you got is "Craig" as a counter-argument then you don't have much.

And yes, passive-aggressively overusing emojis is a sign of severe butthurt imo.

I'm very happy the way Xbox is going, that's why I'm switching from PS4 to XSX in the first place. If all you got is "Craig" as a counter-argument then you don't have much.

And yes, passive-aggressively overusing emojis is a sign of severe butthurt imo.
But what IS butthurt?
I am guessing that to be "Xbox gamers are sadists who obtain enjoyment from making others suffer, and them claiming butthurt as victory implied that they are going around trying to hurt people for fun".

Look, we are not hurt by Xbox being a failure. Stop imagining the rest of us somehow being tortured by your words just so you can satisfy your fetishes. Xbox does not matter, and Xbox does not matter even to Microsoft. You really under estimated how much people cared.

Aidah

MS actually almost had it, if not for the Xbox One fuck up. They were firm favorities coming from 360/PS3 era. But they took a wrong turn, lost the chance and had to reset.
Microsoft were never favorites on a global scale, and fucking up for years isn't a small thing.

Aceofspades

Banned

Its great that you like what you saw from Xbox - whatever that was, couldn't think of any - and decided to move from PS4 to XSX. What about you apply the same mentality and move away from Sony's threads ?

I'm trying to limit my emoji usage...damn couldn't do it

🤣🤘🤣🤘🔥🔥

mejin

Almost a billion in profits in this quarter is really big. Usually there is an impact before a new console iminent launch, but it seems not this time.

Can understand how Sony is getting all the hype for PS5 and although Jimbo is not a charismatic and loveable guy, he's working hard.

t94f_shamefulslipperyaplomadofalcon-size_restricted.gif

Dodkrake

Banned
I sincerely hope their strategy continues to make them lots of money (and Nintendo). If "classical" gaming becomes less profitable, everybody will move to nonsense like gamepass, psnow, whatever stadia is, etc. These services should be complementary, not the main driving force.

Klayzer

But what IS butthurt?
I am guessing that to be "Xbox gamers are sadists who obtain enjoyment from making others suffer, and them claiming butthurt as victory implied that they are going around trying to hurt people for fun".

Look, we are not hurt by Xbox being a failure. Stop imagining the rest of us somehow being tortured by your words just so you can satisfy your fetishes. Xbox does not matter, and Xbox does not matter even to Microsoft. You really under estimated how much people cared.
Its mostly fear of another gen of getting thrashed by Sony. Don't let that fake dude bro bravado mask fool you. Behind it, is a stream of utter frustration and tears. Why do you think they celebrate any perceived Playstation missteps.

Even with all that Microsoft bankroll, Sony is still way more popular and relevant as evidenced by any metric you can come up with. All the trolling/fake concern only shows how deeply affected they are with it. Kind of sad and funny at the same time.

To show how big Revenue are, Q2 FY20 Revenue are higher than any quarter of Xbox (even Oct-Dec quarters)
It should be obvious that any Q2 will be bigger - I mean just look at the number of consoles or games. It is more fascinating that is not much more bigger considering that Xbox almost non-existent outside USA.

Last edited:

I'm nobody

Sony phones suck because, they announced early but turn up for sales 6 months later. At prices way too high.
Otherwise, yes the new Xperia ii are impressive. I think their earnings saw a jump in sales and forcast for the mobile/tv division.

As for mega tech, imo PS6 will be the start of danger for them.

MS actually almost had it, if not for the Xbox One fuck up. They were firm favorities coming from 360/PS3 era. But they took a wrong turn, lost the chance and had to reset.

Games on cloud/stream/gamepass model, It will be quickest uptake un-imagined since.
You can expect Amazon, FB, Google gaming to blossom during PS5 times
Sony won't worry about the phones as the sensors are doing very well on other phones eg Apple iPhone so on

Klayzer

It should be obvious that any Q2 will be bigger - I mean just look at the number of consoles or games. It is more fascinating that is not much more bigger considering that Xbox almost non-existent outside USA.
Actually, Q3 and Q4 are usually the most profitable quarters for consoles for obvious reasons.

Ghosts and TLOUS2 during all the Q2 heavy profit. Apologies if I misunderstood your response.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
There are posters in this thread playing down Sony figures, and there are people in the Xbox figures thread downplaying their numbers

Both are reporting very positive figures, which is good for gaming.

Grow the fuck up.

Very true. Now, getting back on topic, 120 million units before production is done is pretty much guaranteed, but will Sony get to 130 or even 140 million? Can Sony actually cost cut the PS4 so that it can offer it for $200 or less and tap those markets that can't afford the higher price points?

Actually, Q3 and Q4 are usually the most profitable quarters for consoles for obvious reasons.

Ghosts and TLOUS2 during all the Q2 heavy profit. Apologies if I misunderstood your response.
No, I meant that considering how different the amount of sold units between Xbox and PS, Sony is bound to have more profitable quarters each time. You cannot just avoid the difference due to 2-1 or 3-1 whatever a number of sold units, which in turn will generate at least 2 times more software and other sales.

I always wondered why Xbox players use Butthurt emotes. Do they really think Xbox would become a better gaming platform the more they imagine other people being upset? So much so that they imagine people being angry, when they are just laughing at them?

No one is afraid, no one is buthurt, and no one really cares. Xbox fans should focus on giving feedback to their own side instead of pretending their side could do no wrong. Their devotion is hurting Xbox Division, the more it seemed like an ecco chamber. Maybe if somebody had caught on to the issues of Halo Infinite early enough, Craig might not have happened.

As someone who is switching next gen after having a PS1-PS4.... This is not true.

PS fans are some of The Worst fanboys ever. In fact, it's getting unbearable on GAF. Sony die hards spend more time slating the xbox and its features then being happy with the own. They are extremely hypocritical too. Anything MS do is bad but if Sony does the exact same thing suddenly its not bad anymore. I barely ever see an xbox fan slating a Sony console. On Xbox sub reddits I see xbox players ps4/5 consoles if its a best fit for the new gamer.

I wasn't even considering an Xbox this gen but Sony fans have talked about it so much it actually made me check out the competition and the more I saw the more I liked. Honestly.... The fanbois that surround sony have made the brand become so toxic for me.

lol...

BC on Xbox has made me switch.
Gamepass has made me switch.
Phil's pro-consumer approach has made me switch.
Sony's spying has made me switch...

Somehow the console with the least momentum, with a poor launch line up, with the least marketshare, receding in fact......gets all those types of threads on Gaf... from sleeper alts etc...

Here is what you'll never hear:

Xbox game's line up has made me switch...:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Transparent as hell. You gotta always read it with a big chuckle.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Makes sense why they want to keep all the big games cross platform for another 3 years. Hope doesn’t hold back the ps5 to much.

Mr Moose

My another concern is about the raising of next gen game prices. Imo it's not very warranted and may turn away the mass buyers.
I've noted all of your concerns and forwarded them to Sony headquarters and Jim Ryan.
I await their response.

Klayzer

lol...

Somehow the console with the least momentum, with a shit launch, with the least marketshare......gets all those types of threads on Gaf... from sleeper alts etc...

You noticed its always a new alt making the jump from Xbox back to an Xbox. Banned alts testimonies are my favorite Gaf recreational reading.

v_iHuGi

Banned
lol...

Somehow the console with the least momentum, with a poor launch line up, with the least marketshare, receding in fact......gets all those types of threads on Gaf... from sleeper alts etc...

Nobody is switching, Xbox will be Dead Last HW wise. Competing with Nintendo will be almost impossible they'll sell 30M Switch next FY, Sony might do 24-27M.

Xbox 8M maybe. At best.

Nobody is switching, Xbox will be Dead Last HW wise. Competing with Nintendo will be almost impossible they'll sell 30M Switch next FY, Sony might do 24-27M.

Xbox 8M maybe. At best.

I have a more conservative outlook on Nintendo and Sony but the Xbox number is not a bad educated guess.

Unknown?

Game streaming is the future, could be 10, 15, 20 or 30 years from now but inevitably, it will become standard/mainstream. Console box will be obsolete.

The future game wars will be content war. Similar to the competition between Netflix, Prime and Disney+. Gaming companies will have their own streaming service, and lots of new players will emerge also. Exclusive will be more important than ever, in order to attract new subscribers. MS is looking towards the future hence why it purchased Zenimax. Content will be all that matters.

Will Sony be able to compete with the likes of Apple, Google Amazon, Netflix, and other big companies who will be buying out all the studios they can in order to have exclusive content?

Anyway, that future is still a long way off, in the meantime let’s enjoy our PS5.
I'll quit gaming once it becomes like cable TV.

I'll quit gaming once it becomes like cable TV.

The further that disgusting "future" is postponed the better. Ultimately consumers decide whether that future becomes true or not by buying or not buying into it. So far they ain't buying... specially compared to the effort in billions of dollars that these giants are spending in losses just to push it forward. Let them bleed.

Last edited:

Xbox 8M maybe. At best.

There's two factors why I've always maintained Series X/S will sell less than XB1 by the end of this gen:

- XB1 had huge momentum coming from 360, MS' most successful console ever. This time, momentum coming from XB1 to Series X is almost dead on the hardware side. On the other side, it's reversed with PS4 - PS5 being about as strong a transition as you can imagine.
- XB1 had games you could only play on XB1. This new gen that has changed, as Series X/S shares its library with PC.

The second factor is huge imo. And this is not even a bad thing for MS, they want to push sales on PC, it makes no difference to them. But any kind of console renaissance on the level of the 360 is not happening.

lol...

See what EXACTLY what I mean. You guys can't take it. Someone switching and it HAS to be a fake account or something.

Check out my Ps4 gamertag (same name as this profile) ... see when I was last online. See what I've been playing. I've had God of war, Tlou2, the last guardian, the order, various other Sony exclusives and 3rd party games. I've not even looked at an xbox this gen. The only remote thing I've had to do with xbox is signing up to gamepass on my PC and playing Ori last month. You can also check that lie.

When you've done checking that out and seeing the proof before your eyes.... I will accept your apology.

But no, you believe I've created a fake account and that I'm fake switching because your THAT MUCH of a toxic Sony fanboy that you can't fathom that some people disagree with you... so it has to be fake... And then you wonder why I call Sony fans toxic. What is wrong with you.

As someone who is switching next gen after having a PS1-PS4.... This is not true.

PS fans are some of The Worst fanboys ever. In fact, it's getting unbearable on GAF. Sony die hards spend more time slating the xbox and its features then being happy with the own. They are extremely hypocritical too. Anything MS do is bad but if Sony does the exact same thing suddenly its not bad anymore. I barely ever see an xbox fan slating a Sony console. On Xbox sub reddits I see xbox players ps4/5 consoles if its a best fit for the new gamer.

I wasn't even considering an Xbox this gen but Sony fans have talked about it so much it actually made me check out the competition and the more I saw the more I liked. Honestly.... The fanbois that surround sony have made the brand become so toxic for me.

This better be a joke.

Rolla

Banned
Have the honors. Provide a source tho...

It's via reseteras number cruncher armgunner who does the official financial reports. I checked it out and record breaking quarter by quarter just in comparison by the numbers, the numbers confirm it. Staggering really. But I guess we have to wait for an official website to run the story.

It's via reseteras number cruncher armgunner who does the official financial reports. I checked it out and record breaking quarter by quarter just in comparison by the numbers, the numbers confirm it. Staggering really. But I guess we have to wait for an official website to run the story.

You can run it as is. Era being the source.

Thirty7ven

Banned
lol...

It’s hilarious, they try so hard.

Guess alt bingo card time!

Lol. Believe what you wanna believe. Long time lurker, tried to register years ago but couldn't. Tried again recently through discord and was approved. But obviously youll prob think that's a lie and have a conspiracy. It's much easier to believe a random would have a sleeper account to fake switch which would somehow translate into other people doing the same?????

GonSama

Sony fans have become really toxic. The amount of fanbois pushing conspiracy theories about game journalists with 'scripts from Microsoft' is just ridiculous.
Don't worry, no doubt your console will sell the best. The community has become so toxic you've actually made me switch sides.

Man, I saw this post and didn't realise the date. I was like what..... It's not going to release on Xbox series X?!!

Wouldn't be suprised if a bitter Sony fan bumped this to defer potential buyers lol.

Why are you so triggered by a console your probably not going to buy.

Sony fans have become unbearable.... At least the ones on neogaf and on social media. They spend more time slating other consoles then they do playing games...
They've spent so much time slating and talking about Xbox that they've actualy made me switch (well that and I'm looking forward to gamepass and bathesda games.)

Sony fanboys really do big everything up to the max. This happened with the PS4 touchpad and it was relegated to a map button throughout most of the generation.

I do hope the resistive triggers are used well. It's one thing I would like on the xbox series controllers. But it's not the next generation defining feature that will cure cancer people are making it out to be.

PS fans are some of The Worst fanboys ever. In fact, it's getting unbearable on GAF. Sony die hards spend more time slating the xbox and its features then being happy with the own. They are extremely hypocritical too. Anything MS do is bad but if Sony does the exact same thing suddenly its not bad anymore. I barely ever see an xbox fan slating a Sony console.

because your THAT MUCH of a toxic Sony fanboy that you can't fathom that some people disagree with you... so it has to be fake... And then you wonder why I call Sony fans toxic. What is wrong with you.

90% of your posts are just insults and talking about PS and how its fanbase sucks.
We get it.
Just stop being toxic and hypocritical.

Top Bottom