• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's 'PS5 Ready' X900H TV may not get HDMI 2.1 features (Up: Sony confirm features still coming)

ethomaz

Banned
So it is imposible to set 120hz display mode on 60fps game? Series X in question.
Yes the framerate and display refresh rate doesn’t need to match.
That is why VRR like solutions were created.
A 30fps game can be displayed in a 120Hz display... in fact each frame will be displayed 4 times in the display... solid 30 or 60fps games is displayed very well on 120Hz display.

The issues starts with non-multiple framerates like 45 or 50... or framerates that keep changing so you need VSync alternative... VRR... etc to make it proper work.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Sorry to bump this thread with something unrelated but I didn't want to make a new thread. Using the X900H I realised it's so snappy and fast it's basically made my Shield TV pointless to hook up to the TV when android on this TV is so fast. I have other video streaming apps and streamed 60GB 4K Streams with no issues at all. Usually on slower and lied devices I get crashes and slowdown only Shield TV can take uncompressed 4K streams. After doing some research I have found out the X900H had a powerful SoC in the market for TVs that is the reason why it's fast. However I'm not sure how powerful only it's the most powerful, my question is has anyone tried emulators on this and how great does it run N64, PS1 and MAME. I assume SNES, Megadrive is fullspeed.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sorry to bump this thread with something unrelated but I didn't want to make a new thread. Using the X900H I realised it's so snappy and fast it's basically made my Shield TV pointless to hook up to the TV when android on this TV is so fast. I have other video streaming apps and streamed 60GB 4K Streams with no issues at all. Usually on slower and lied devices I get crashes and slowdown only Shield TV can take uncompressed 4K streams. After doing some research I have found out the X900H had a powerful SoC in the market for TVs that is the reason why it's fast. However I'm not sure how powerful only it's the most powerful, my question is has anyone tried emulators on this and how great does it run N64, PS1 and MAME. I assume SNES, Megadrive is fullspeed.
From what I heard, people were running Retroarch and emulation really well on it with PSX and below. I have not read further if they had gotten into PS2/XB/GC at all.

KAL2006

Banned
From what I heard, people were running Retroarch and emulation really well on it with PSX and below. I have not read further if they had gotten into PS2/XB/GC at all.
PS1 and N64 is good enough for me. Although GC and PS2 runs on Shield TV they have too many bugs so I wouldn't even use PS2 and GC emulator if it's the same as Shield.

Jon Neu

Banned
I have just bought the 85 inch version of this TV and it doesn’t allow me to put it at 4K with HDR in the settings.

Is the PS5 cable really HDMI 2.1 or is something else wrong?

Forgive my sins as an xboxer and halp me, please.

Last edited:
I have just bought the 85 inch version of this TV and it doesn’t allow me to put it at 4K with HDR in the settings.

I believe you have to go into the settings for the hdmi port and switch it to enhanced. Do you have it on port 4?

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Just HDMI 3 and 4 (they are 2.1, while 1 and 2 are not). After that, make sure to go to settings and use the 'enhanced' HDMI settings to unlock the full bandwidth and everything. It works.

The PS5 cable is also HDMI 2.1, so everything should work fine. Good luck!

Jon Neu

Banned
My TV is european, I don't know in the menu what's the spanish equivalent to setting the HDMI in enhanced. I have put it in completo (complete), but still doesn't work.

jonnyp

I love their TVs but fuck me how much better that TV division could be run with someone competent in charge.

Top Bottom