• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony want to reboot Castlevania in the mold of Bloodborne

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Was the last Castlevania total trash? But I liked that previous one, tho. Better than the God of War: Ascension which was around that time (but I was burned from this types of games, I speedrun whole franchise)....

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I loved the Castlevania: lords of shadow games, both of em. So a part 3 would be warmly welcomed.
The first was amazingly good, the second had moments of brilliance but was dragged back by too many experimental gameplay changes to please criticism of the first it ruined it.
Such a shame, if Sony can rekindle what the first game started it'll be awesome.
What I loved about the LOS series is the art direction and music with story that was very sad and moving imo.

Last edited:

IKSTUGA

A proper 3D Castlevania would be amazing, ideally something like Bloodborne with a bit more vertical mobility. Also, Lords of Shadow was pretty bad, didn't even try the second one. Don't have high hopes if they decide to take the hack and slash route.

Last edited:
Member':
14 tflops PS5,
Games will be 4k120 fps and 8k on SX.

Just like those rumors, Konami new games are not going to happen. Today it's based on nothing. But if you like to be disappointed, go on!

The power of the wind.

Better then locking them away from all platforms
These rumours are consistent despite Konami denying them.
You'd think they'd give up, unless...
So you‘d rather have Konami keep Castlevania Patchinko exclusive?
Better one than none...

Uh no....id rather someone who would put it on PC makes it instead. 1. So i can actually enjoy it 2. so i can play it in a superior format of my choosing and 3. because having it on a couple platforms ensures that an older IP that may have chance to prosper. I just want a new damn Ganbare Goemon.

Oh and perchance it is console exclusive i jinx it to be directed by Neil Druckman and star Xir Belmont and the story revolves around his oppression in Modern day Los Angeles's alt right vampires.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Uh no....id rather someone who would put it on PC makes it instead. 1. So i can actually enjoy it 2. so i can play it in a superior format of my choosing and 3. because having it on a couple platforms ensures that an older IP that may have chance to prosper. I just want a new damn Ganbare Goemon.

Oh and perchance it is console exclusive i jinx it to be directed by Neil Druckman and star Xir Belmont and the story revolves around his oppression in Modern day Los Angeles's alt right vampires.
Be realistic. Konami doesn't give a fuck about gaming and Sony probably has to grovel and kiss ass just to get a license to use the IP.
Be happy that the IP is not being forgotten in Konami vault, if this is true.

CamHostage

Personally, no thanks. Castlevania has some pretty specific aspects I enjoy (and the games in the franchise which don't have that, I can respect the quality but wasn't really interested in buying those games,) and Bloodborne as I understand it is not a template that my Castlevania interests fit into. Plus, I've got plenty of Soulslikes to choose from.

But, if it happens, I wish them well.

I also like this rumor set that Konami's assets are being parceled out, if not even outright sold off. Konami can have its Pachinko parlors, but I don't have much faith in the company rising back up as a game producer, and I'd like these franchises/game types to have a life beyond where they are now.

I made a thread on an old account pre-ERA that I asked to be deleted by Mods when I was sick to death of the left wing takeover and being harassed in threads.

I can't find it now, possibly because I requested the account deleted. But I theorised this would be amazing a few years ago and pretty much got laughed out of the forum.

RaySoft

Bloodborne always gave me heavy Castlevania vibes especially with Cainhurst Castle, so I would be down.

Although why not just make a sequel to Bloodbrone? It's one of the most beloved PS4 exclusives, and a confirmed Bloodborne II would most certainly sell PS5's
905591.jpg
What I love about Sony is that they already want that too, but they wouldn't do it if it ends up hurting the brand. They'll rather wait for the right people and circumstances to align, so the product would live up to the hype, instead of a quick $ grab.

Bartski

Gold Member
I wouldn't mind at all this being true, but still think a next-gen 2.5d Castlevania sidescroller would be the bomb.

As long as this isn't exclusive to PlayStation I'm OK with a reboot more like Symphony of the Night over any other Castlevania.

Top Bottom