• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony spent five years building a new PlayStation VR studio, then abruptly shut it down

Bryank75

Banned
Not sure ubisoft works for your vision of playstation at least in the short term, 33 of their revenue is on Sony platforms, 8 is on mobile and 58 is on other platforms.

https://lb-aps-frontend.statista.com/statistics/269679/breakdown-of-ubisoft-sales-by-platform/

I can't see Sony buying them and then killing the majority of their revenue stream in the hope they increase revenue on the Playstation platform.

Yeah, I doubt they'd go for them... they are not really central to the PlayStation brand. Even though they seem like a deal right now.

Square and Kadokawa make the most sense with them both having interests in gaming and anime / manga and film.

Arc System Works too..... just works with anime / gaming crossovers.

Dabaus

Banned
They could go half and half.... half debt, half cash. But I would assume Ubisoft, Square or Kadokawa would be more likely.

Dunno if I mentioned here but Ubisoft is very cheap right now for a company of their size and could go cheaper due to the issues they have.
Square and Kadokawa ( Why not both) seem to me like the only corporations I could realistically see happening. Square is such a big company though. Ubisoft seems out of left field but Jim Ryan seems obsessed with focusing on Europe so anythings possible I guess.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
and you are the one person who determines if something is mainstream or not? All you have to do is look at the history of video games ot see that Nintendo is at forefront of each eveolution. Sorry that hurts your adult feelings. 🤷‍♂️
Ok maybe you heard me all wrong, personally I think Nintendo are kids games and have no interest in them, but don't for one second think I don't appreciate or know of how utterly massive they are and how much they've contributed to gaming and let's keep the feelings out of it, I'm old I don't got no feelings that can be hurt least of all by mean things said on the internet, all I'm saying is rescuing princess peaches from mushroom castle in VR doesnt exactly set my world on fire you dig

Last edited:

Calverz

Sup with all the sony hit pieces this week? Weve gotten one almost everyday this week no? Weird how no one writes bad articles about xbox. And the IGN guy saying its bad when sony is the market leader despite every third party having record profits at the moment...Come one man
Try not to be sensitive. You have the halo infinite news to feed on now. Go fill your boots!

Top Bottom