• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Seeking $1.23 Billion Acquisition of FIVE Developers (Leyou Technologies)

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Personally, not sure about those studios, not much info/experience of what they have. But sounds to me like a more MP investment and with access to SWWS, Sony Pictures Entertainment / Imageworks library and expertise, and other divisions of Sony they will have their talents nurtured to something bigger and better, hopefully.

I sense smartphone gaming as well, with probably helping existing PS Studios in implementing MP into their already amazing SP games for more longevity and possible monetization like Uncharted 4 MP, which is so much fun and spent lots of hours in it and even money for some cosmetics that you can get for free eventually.

They'd probably let them do their thing but let them have access to some tech and ICE team, to improve some areas. But maybe they'd have some ideas to suggest... What do you think?

I think it sounds good and fills a little gap for Sony; a casual single-player experience that harnesses VR. It would be a cool way to introduce the masses by easing them in to what is a casual-story driven experience. Put those experiences in Sony Franchises, with the ICE team to add polish and it could be a gamechanger VR wise.

gojira96

Doesn't seem like the bid is for the IPs, as Sony could buy much better ones for the money.

If this turns out to be true, then it's textbook Apple strategy: buy the talent/know how. Company and IP are an afterthought.

By the way, Sony, can someone PLEASE make a 1886 sequel? lol

Sony buys them and MS buys Warner Bros Gaming Division(Rocksteady, Netherealm,Mononith,Warner Bro Montreal)with Rocksteady making Superman exclusive to Xbox/PC after the Suicide Squad game :)

You heard it here first!

Last edited:

Dargor

Man, hope this isnt true. I know sony has cash to spend, but they dont need to throw it away like this.

Go after some great IPs you have in your own basement or go after the ones gathering dust from other studios.

Top Bottom