- Feb 11, 2020
This doesn’t necessarily mean for the PlayStation division btw.
We plan to utilize the excess operating cash flow from this fiscal year as a source of future strategic investment going forward. Opportunities for investment, especially in the entertainment space, are steadily increasing and during the period of our next mid-range plan, which will begin next fiscal year, we aim to make more investments for growth than we did during the current mid-range plan.
Here’s a rundown of some of Sony’s entertainment acquisitions over the past three years for context…
- Awal - $430mm / February 2021
- Crunchyroll - $1.2bn / December 2020
- Pureflix Entertainment - Undisclosed / November 2020
- Eleven Films - Undisclosed / June 2020
- Whisper Films - Undisclosed / February 2020
- Silvergate Media - $195mm / December 2019
- Game Show Network - $380mm / November 2019
- Insomniac Games - $229mm / November 2019
- Manga Entertainment - Undisclosed / May 2019
- EMI - $3.7bn / May 2018
- Peanuts (Charlie Brown) - $178mm / May 2018
- Funimation - $143mm / July 2017
Sony just had a very good quarter and plans to invest the extra money they've made. Could some more PlayStation acquisitions be coming?