• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony says it plans to reveal ‘a compelling PS5 games line-up’ soon

Yoboman

My guess

- Horizon 2 gameplay
- Console design and new features and online functions to be discussed
- GT Sport 2 or GT7 gameplay - will possibly be used as the "example game" when showing new PS5 features
- Bluepoint game - MGS or SH remake gameplay
- New IP from Sony Japan - trailer
- Hot shots golf - trailer
- Indie reel - trailer
- Something from one of the China studios they are developing
- Call of Duty - gameplay
- More UE4 and maybe a new game announced by Epic
- Destiny 3 - trailer
- Release date and price
- "One more thing" = God of War 2 or Spiderman 2 - teaser

Last edited:

Yoboman

What makes you think the games they will show, will only be first wave games?
Anything in development now is first wave IMO

Maybe we will see games teased that are years away and not really in proper development yet - Sony has a track record of that. But i don't think they need to yet

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Do you know what's the main difference between Playstation fans and xbox fans (like him)?

Playstation fans have the luxury due to the incredible variety of 1st and 3rd party exclusives Sony has been offering for almost 3 generations now to not like everything that Sony offers. Sony fans have the luxury to not like every huge and critically acclaimed game like God of War or the Last of Us and still be incredibly attached to Playstation's library and brand because there will always be other exclusives games like Bloodborne or The Last Guardian or Death Stranding that will offer exactly what those players want. If someone says that he doesn't like God of War or Horizon but he likes Bloodborne or Gravity Rush no one will attack him or call him "Sony hater".

With Xbox fans however every exclusive must be the Second Coming of gaming. Every exclusive must be loved by everyone. You'll never hear them say "i don't like Gears" or "i don't like Halo" or "i don't like Forza". Even when smaller games like Sunset Overdrive or Sea of Thieves come out they make it a huge deal. Just look at the recent Inside Xbox presentation. There were Xbox fans out there who tried to spin it and make it seem as if games like Bright Memory Infinite, Medium and Scorn were all amazing games (they actually call Medium a AAA game) and if you don't happen to be impressed then you're automatically a "MS hater". They think that the only reason Inside Xbox's presentation got so many dislikes was because of Assassin's Creed's fans and not because of disappointed Xbox fans.

So can you imagine what their reaction will be when MS starts to drop their big AAA games and you happen to not like them? OMG all hell will break loose and that's because they don't have Sony's luxury to dislike their own AAA games as Sony fans have with their own big budget exclusives. Every exclusive that MS shows from now on for them will be automatically GOTY even by just watching an in-engine cutscene (Hellblade 2).

That is the difference between Playstation and Xbox fans and it will take many years for the later to reach a point where they will have the luxury to not like their own God of War or their own Death Stranding or their own TLoU.
Yep, they hold higher standards for PlayStation games too. Remember puddle-gate with Spider-man lol

Do you know what's the main difference between Playstation fans and xbox fans (like him)?

Playstation fans have the luxury due to the incredible variety of 1st and 3rd party exclusives Sony has been offering for almost 3 generations now to not like everything that Sony offers. Sony fans have the luxury to not like every huge and critically acclaimed game like God of War or the Last of Us and still be incredibly attached to Playstation's library and brand because there will always be other exclusives games like Bloodborne or The Last Guardian or Death Stranding that will offer exactly what those players want. If someone says that he doesn't like God of War or Horizon but he likes Bloodborne or Gravity Rush no one will attack him or call him "Sony hater".

With Xbox fans however every exclusive must be the Second Coming of gaming. Every exclusive must be loved by everyone. You'll never hear them say "i don't like Gears" or "i don't like Halo" or "i don't like Forza". Even when smaller games like Sunset Overdrive or Sea of Thieves come out they make it a huge deal. Just look at the recent Inside Xbox presentation. There were Xbox fans out there who tried to spin it and make it seem as if games like Bright Memory Infinite, Medium and Scorn were all amazing games (they actually call Medium a AAA game) and if you don't happen to be impressed then you're automatically a "MS hater". They think that the only reason Inside Xbox's presentation got so many dislikes was because of Assassin's Creed's fans and not because of disappointed Xbox fans.

So can you imagine what their reaction will be when MS starts to drop their big AAA games and you happen to not like them? OMG all hell will break loose and that's because they don't have Sony's luxury to dislike their own AAA games as Sony fans have with their own big budget exclusives. Every exclusive that MS shows from now on for them will be automatically GOTY even by just watching an in-engine cutscene (Hellblade 2).

That is the difference between Playstation and Xbox fans and it will take many years for the later to reach a point where they will have the luxury to not like their own God of War or their own Death Stranding or their own TLoU.

Playstation fans have the luxury due to the incredible variety of 1st and 3rd party exclusives Sony has been offering for almost 3 generations now to not like everything that Sony offers. Sony fans have the luxury to not like every huge and critically acclaimed game like God of War or the Last of Us and still be incredibly attached to Playstation's library and brand because there will always be other exclusives games like Bloodborne or The Last Guardian or Death Stranding that will offer exactly what those players want.
I still haven't gotten a replacement for wipeout,warhawk,ride racer,heavenly sword,motor storm, Senran "rip" and many more
If someone says that he doesn't like God of War or Horizon but he likes Bloodborne or Gravity Rush no one will attack him or call him "Sony hater".
actually its the opposite the only games sony released since 2017 that I liked was P5R,Nier and FF7R everything else in between i didnt like but still got called an xbot.
With Xbox fans however every exclusive must be the Second Coming of gaming. Every exclusive must be loved by everyone. You'll never hear them say "i don't like Gears" or "i don't like Halo" or "i don't like Forza".
maybe its what they like? what 3rd person competitive arena shooter has come out that has replaced Gears half the reason why you buy a xbox is for halo and forza. Xbox has always been heavy into racing games PGR,sega rally, Most wanted 05 Remaster for 360 I know the gaming community doesn't care about Cars but if I want a good racing franchise I rather play Forza over waiting forever for another GT game and driveclub is dead.
Even when smaller games like Sunset Overdrive or Sea of Thieves come out they make it a huge deal. Just look at the recent Inside Xbox presentation. There were Xbox fans out there who tried to spin it and make it seem as if games like Bright Memory Infinite, Medium and Scorn were all amazing games
Sun set over drive is about as close to a current jet set radio game,Sea of Thieves is an interesting take on a open world pirate game "not my type of game", Bright memory looks like a fun arcade shooter mixed with DMC, and the other two games are more indie horror games "dont care".
if you don't happen to be impressed then you're automatically a "MS hater". They think that the only reason Inside Xbox's presentation got so many dislikes was because of Assassin's Creed's fans and not because of disappointed Xbox fans.
Iv heard out of the thousand comments I have read a whole 2 people have said that
So can you imagine what their reaction will be when MS starts to drop their big AAA games and you happen to not like them? OMG all hell will break loose and that's because they don't have Sony's luxury to dislike their own AAA games as Sony fans have with their own big budget exclusives.
I doubt it
Every exclusive that MS shows from now on for them will be automatically GOTY even by just watching an in-engine cutscene (Hellblade 2).
the fact that current hellblade was made on a very short budget it will be interesting to see where it goes.
I wouldn't like those games anyways if there were or weren't on xbox most people buy a xbox for halo,gears and forza if you dont like any of those games you would own a xbox. Same goes for playstation if you dont like GOW,TLOU,UC4 you wouldnt own a playstation this isnt some conspiracy theory.

sublimit

Banned
I wouldn't like those games anyways if there were or weren't on xbox most people buy a xbox for halo,gears and forza if you dont like any of those games you would own a xbox. Same goes for playstation if you dont like GOW,TLOU,UC4 you wouldnt own a playstation this isnt some conspiracy theory.
This shows that you have completely missed my point and also contradicts with what you previously said of games like Persona 5,Nier and FFVIIR being reasons enough to own a PS4.

KAL2006

Banned
My guess

- PS5 console design revealed
- OS features revealed and showcased :
- Load games instantly launch specific mode or multiplayer game from home menu
- Check social, game features in games without launching them
- Switching between multiple games and quick resuming and save states
- PS5 Enhanced backwards compatibility showcase (Monster Hunter World 4K60)
- Cross buy initiative

Games Showcase Exclusives
- Horizon 2
- Ratchet and Clank Sequel
- Team Siren New IP
- Demons Souls Remake
- Godfall
- Arrowhead Games New IP

Games Showcase 3rd Party
- Harry Potter - WB
- Resident Evil 8
- New IP - Square Enix
- Call of Duty Black Ops 5 - Activision
- FIFA - EA
- NBA - 2K
- Far Cry 6 - UbiSoft

During some of the games showcased they will have someone highlighting new features of PS5 with a voiceover. For example explaining DualSense adaptive triggers when shooting arrows in Horizon. Different haptic feedback when using different weapons in Ratchet and Clank. New social features in the OS to check your status without launching a game for Godfall. Flying mount in Horizon 2 to quick travel across the open world at a fast paced thanks to SSD loading assets fast. Ray Tracing and 3D Audio in Demons Souls remake. Using mic on DualSense to voice chat in a multiplayer session in Godfall.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

fzpj.gif

This shows that you have completely missed my point and also contradicts with what you previously said of games like Persona 5,Nier and FFVIIR being reasons enough to own a PS4.
Actually that further my point even more what are the main games Sonys fan mention TLOU,GOW,UC,Spider man,Horizon if you dont like either of those games you wouldnt own the system. Same thing with Halo,gears,forza,K.i 2013,cup head,ori,ryze,sun set if you dont like those you wouldnt get an xbox.
also contradicts with what you previously said of games like Persona 5,Nier and FFVIIR being reasons enough to own a PS4.
I bought the system at launch on a whim in hopes we would get another persona,KH and final fantasy those games are not set in stone guaranteed to happen "rip ridge racer and wipeout" those three games are the games I most like out of the exclusive ps4s current library none of those games were guaranteed to come out or even happen going off of the 2014 showing "KH3,FF15Last guardian". Most people bought the ps4 for TLOUR and UC4. if you didnt like either of those games you wouldnt own the system. Your argument was based around xbox fans hyping up games like halo,forza and gears "which are the main system sellers and reason to own the console" and why you never hear anything negative about them. but that's in the same realm as sony fans hyping up TLOU,GOW,UC,Spider man,Horizon again "which are the main system sellers and reason most people own the console and half the reason why people want a ps5. It has nothing to do with being choosy those games I mentioned are main stay system sellers.

AdvancedEagerBlackpanther-size_restricted.gif

Fool me once it's on you, fool me twice it's on me - 2013 was suppose to be THE best launch lineup in Playstation history, and what we actually got was Knack, TO1886, KZ:SF, and inFamous:SS, with no games throughout next 3 years except indie ports and cross-gen titles... I know people have very short memory and already forgot about it but I didn't, all their E3, GC, TGS presentations are still there in case anyone needs a reminder.

They have very little studios, with extremely long development times, and most of their 1st party games for PS4 have been released just a year or two ago, or are still yet to be released (TLoU2 and GoT), so who's left with enough time make those launch games? I can see them being able to pull out again 3-4 titles, but if they are the same as PS4 launch games, rushed, with nice graphics but poor gameplay and little to no plot than meh, couldn't care less.

The only way I can see Sony securing a really strong launch lineup is by buying 1 year exclusivity for some 3rd party titles, it's a popular solution, it doesn't hurt anyone in the long term, but that one year makes all the difference. Or financing exclusive titles made by independent studios, like it used to be the deal with Insomniac for example.

Unless they want to continue their tradition of showing CGI teasers of games that won't appear ever again for the next 5 years or so, but Ryan promised they learned their lesson.

Time will tell as always, but I cannot give them any credit given their handling of current generation.

Would be great to see a couple of bangers on launch like hzd2 but I sort of agree with you

2 out of their better first party studios have just Put 2 games in the can so you are looking at about 3 to 4 years before you get their next game based off their past record and then it leaves the other studios.

I think we might see spidey 2 but to be honest all of the PlayStations have had a barren 1st party output the first 2 years so it’s gonna be spread out with indies and paid remasters much like the ps4

The fact Sony have not shown off anything really new via a e3 or other means also points towards it probably being a while before we get a good flow of games coming down

scalman

Wonder about that 3d sound as they said it will work best on headphones, i wonder will any headphones will do like what it is today or we will need some surround sound headphones. I still dont have normal full bluetooth headphones for gaming so now i will buy ones that will work best on ps5

DonF

I need that Kratos VS Thor fight!! I NEED IT!!

Also, Horizon 2. Horizon 1 had potential, but next to games like Breath Of the Wild, it lacked freedom. I want Horizon where I can climb anything.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Would be great to see a couple of bangers on launch like hzd2 but I sort of agree with you

2 out of their better first party studios have just Put 2 games in the can so you are looking at about 3 to 4 years before you get their next game based off their past record and then it leaves the other studios.

I think we might see spidey 2 but to be honest all of the PlayStations have had a barren 1st party output the first 2 years so it’s gonna be spread out with indies and paid remasters much like the ps4

The fact Sony have not shown off anything really new via a e3 or other means also points towards it probably being a while before we get a good flow of games coming down
I think they'll have a good amount of new games to show they haven't announced any major 1st party games since 2017

It should be a great showing

HAL-01

My “guess”

-Open with a hype video showcasing current gen exclusives, ends with last of us 2 and GoT, teases the future.
-Hermen Hulst walks in, talks about the brand for a short bit, then introduces the “next step for playstation”
-Hype video introducing PS5 design. It looks like something out of Portal.
-After showing the box, time to show games. Lights go out for horizon 2 trailer and demo
-Demo transitions directly into new UI showcase. Compared to a “Netflix for games”, you can start and switch between games near instantly, Start any game you want and pick up right where you left off. Play demos for games you don’t own yet via streaming, straight off the homepage.
-social features showcased. You can see your friend’s twitch streams from homepage
-Tech demos: they’ve imported a cg scene from Spider-Man: Far from home to play back in real time to showcase insane asset streaming, it’s not a 1:1 match, but quite impressive
-Enhanced BC showcase, Bloodborne running at 60fps with dynamic resolution. Enhancements limited to first party and a few third party at launch.
-More trailers incoming: Wipeout 2069, Demons Souls remake, Godfall, FFXVI, Silent hills
-A bit of fluff from third parties hyping the power of the ps5
-Close with a teaser of the next God of War

Edit: forgot Gran Turismo Next, Open world, more casual take on the series in the vein of Forza Horizon, reconstructed 4K 60fps with RT

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Anything in development now is first wave IMO

Maybe we will see games teased that are years away and not really in proper development yet - Sony has a track record of that. But i don't think they need to yet

That's interesting. I consider first wave games to be games that come out 6 months or less after the console is released.

thelastword

Banned
Sony's games always look better than UE games.
By far. The UE5 demo looked impressive, but it won't be what blows us away. I think when we see the first SWWS game, many people will have their jaws on the floor, picking it up and saying, surely this looks too good to be real time, then the camera will descend where someone is controlling the character........

I think next gen will impress thoroughly, especially the textures and fidelity we can get due to the SSD.

NickFire

I don't care about names.

I don't care about ray tracing.

Just show me a game that takes full advantage of this SSD everyone is talking about. That's what I'm waiting for.

Yoboman

That's interesting. I consider first wave games to be games that come out 6 months or less after the console is released.
I refer to that as launch window. With first wave I think of it when most or a lot of devs have gone and released a game and the second wave you start seeing games that have learned from the first wave successes

Business

I’d pay to see gameplay of this lineup today, but I still think it would make more sense for Sony to show it after TLOU2 and GOT are released.

Last edited:
Top Bottom