• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony says it’s not worried about a recent dip in PS Plus and active users

longdi

Banned
I havent really kept up with the numbers, but this Sony drop seems worse than the case of MS not disclosing new Gamepass users? 🤷‍♀️

Can someone with the information let us know?

[Sigma]

Some jumping ship to PC or to Xbox for gamepass. Some deciding not to do anything til they get a PS5 because they're just done with PS4. Some with PC but had Playstations. But now with you going all in on PC, you just told your audience that you basically don't need a Playstation anymore so why should those with a PC even bother anymore?

longdi

Banned
Isn't better or worse if you don't have the numbers.

Idk, but iirc Gamepass is still hauling in the MAU of sorts.

Any case, these dips show that the console market in need of a revamp. Every gen, the top seller reaches around 100m units sold. The addressable market is so much bigger when you compare to other popular entertainment. 🤷‍♀️

For a start, imo console game prices are too high, we need cheaper games for bigger masses.

Topher

Gold Member
Idk, but iirc Gamepass is still hauling in the MAU of sorts.

Any case, these dips show that the console market in need of a revamp. Every gen, the top seller reaches around 100m units sold. The addressable market is so much bigger when you compare to other popular entertainment. 🤷‍♀️

For a start, imo console game prices are too high, we need cheaper games for bigger masses.

I think it just shows that the gaming market was benefitting from inflated demand caused by the pandemic. Pandemic is still there but vaccines have mitigated a lot of fears so life has returned to normal for many. So that inflated demand for gaming may simply be subsiding.

longdi

Banned
I think it just shows that the gaming market was benefitting from inflated demand caused by the pandemic. Pandemic is still there but vaccines have mitigated a lot of fears so life has returned to normal for many. So that inflated demand for gaming may simply be subsiding.

Yea that too, but it still shows the gen on gen limitations of how much console hardware are, which is too little for the possible market out there

Three

"

Adjusting for Assumptions

Of course, making a bold statement such as the one above requires several assumptions, so let’s dive into those:

#1: Everyone who owns a PS5 console has played Astro’s Playroom

"

It is that simple.
His math only shows that 25% of PS5 owners never played Astro Playroom and he assumes everybody that never played Astro Playroom never used their PS5 lol
He is wrong even with released numbers. He estimates that 8.9 PS5s were sold up until april when we know that 2.2M were sold this quarter with a total of 10M. It means he is counting more PS5s than there actually were at the time too in his crazy math to say PS5s were unused when most of this % is just in his stupid guesstimate.

Last edited:

Goalus

Aren't MAUs just reported in order to cover up unfavorable hardware sales?
I think I learnt from this forum that hardware unit sales are the only important metrics.
Services like Game Pass or Psnow are a race to the bottom, so it should be a positive for the company if they lose MAUs. Nothing to be worried about.

Last edited:
Aren't MAUs just reported in order to cover up unfavorable hardware sales?
I think I learnt from this forum that hardware unit sales are the only important metrics.
Services like Game Pass or Psnow are a race to the bottom, so it should be a positive for the company if they lose MAUs. Nothing to be worried about.

I believe Sony gives us MAUs and hardware sales. Selling more hardware leads to higher MAUs and software sales plus services.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
You know release some actual PS5 games that are a "generational leap". Moving a bunch of games (GT7, HZ2, GOW2 etc) to 2022 ain't helping.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned

Cool had no idea Steam Deck was capable of playing 4K/60 games. I have one pre-ordered I thought it is targeting 720p and 60fps in some games and most current gen only games will be 720p 30fps. With the confirmation from you that its comparable to PS5 I think I may just sell my PS5.

Roufianos

Completely anecdotal but mine expired recently and I won't be resubbing unless there's some awesome PS5 multiplayer exclusives.

Series X is my go to for multiplats and I'm not paying for both.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Yes because MineCraft isn't on other platforms, is it? You said OVER 10% which would be 2m less.
Who the fuck said 8.7% drop is amazing? 🤡

Almost like Q3 is a holiday period and they get more MAU normally during that time? Nah that can't be why.
Look at Q1 2020. Look at Q1 2021. 10 million drop. Holiday period has nothing to do with it, it's Q1 vs Q1. You didn't even see that did you? Lol

Minecraft being on other platforms is irrelevant. That's Microsoft's strategy. They want MAUs, not console sales. They don't care if they sell 30 million consoles or 300 million consoles, they care about engagement because an engaged user is a user that will spend $. Like I said, someone that bought a console 2 years ago and hasn't turned it on is irrelevant to them. They likely lost money on that person. Do you understand?

Sony have what, 20 million more consoles sold now than this time last year, yet they have 10 million less people actually using said consoles. It's actually worse than a 10 million drop, because they have added 20 million sales to the mix and still lost 10 million, so that says that they lost significantly more than 10 million MAUs.

The fact that you're clinging to a 1.3% difference shows who the real clown is.

I believe Sony gives us MAUs and hardware sales. Selling more hardware leads to higher MAUs and software sales plus services.
Yet here with are with a full year of console sales, including a brand new next gen console, the fastest selling console ever, yet Sony lost 10 million MAUs year over year.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
According to eight years of data collated by Resetera, it’s the first time PlayStation Plus users have significantly dipped between quarters during this time period.

So, Anal-ysts drinking their own manjuice.

Exactly....no-matter what they say, it is significant and in my opinion it is proof that their current strategy is not working.

I have always been critical of their new lack of focus and a seeming obsession with doing what Xbox is doing and trying to beat Xbox numbers.

Now they have no exclusives, the same as Xbox.......

They have no MLB exclusive, they have no big FPS cause they never invested previously in an exclusive shooter studio (GG doesn't count cause Killzone is not viable) , they have less exclusive content than ever before and it is constantly eroded due to what seems like a lack of interest from upper management. Jim Ryan seems to look on game development as a cost rather than an investment IMO.

After coming off their best generation ever financially, you think they'd double down on exclusive content and acquisitions but it is Microsoft that did that and Jim Ryan is ruining the momentum and reputation of PlayStation. The console sales are fine for now, the PS faithful will always buy the first few tens of millions.....but he is ruining the later adoption rates. The middle and late adopters.

Yet here with are with a full year of console sales, including a brand new next gen console, the fastest selling console ever, yet Sony lost 10 million MAUs year over year.
Let me be sure you are implying that software somehow runs on ether? it doesn't need hardware at all? There is no link at all between the two?

WitchHunter

Exactly....no-matter what they say, it is significant and in my opinion it is proof that their current strategy is not working.

I have always been critical of their new lack of focus and a seeming obsession with doing what Xbox is doing and trying to beat Xbox numbers.

They have no MLB exclusive, they have no big FPS cause they never invested previously in an exclusive shooter studio (GG doesn't count cause Killzone is not viable) , they have less exclusive content than ever before and it is constantly eroded due to what seems like a lack of interest from upper management. Jim Ryan seems to look on game development as a cost rather than an investment IMO.

After coming off their best generation ever financially, you think they'd double down on exclusive content and acquisitions but it is Microsoft that did that and Jim Ryan is ruining the momentum and reputation of PlayStation. The console sales are fine for now, the PS faithful will always buy the first few tens of millions.....but he is ruining the later adoption rates. The middle and late adopters.
All I'm saying is analysis made by bored ppl is not sacred scripture. Xbox has a bunch of mediocre exclusives plus a software behemoth with infinite money behind them. Xbox could show up... let's see... HALO! How creative!

Let me be sure you are implying that software somehow runs on ether? it doesn't need hardware at all? There is no link at all between the two?
Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

He's doing it again isn't he?

Mr Moose

Look at Q1 2020. Look at Q1 2021. 10 million drop. Holiday period has nothing to do with it, it's Q1 vs Q1. You didn't even see that did you? Lol
I'll only reply to you once more on it, COVID lockdown bump, that's the reason that number in last years Q1 are what they are, without COVID crap it wouldn't be that high. It's as large as their Q3 which is a holiday season, which is normally larger than Q1, do you get what I am saying? I can't explain it any easier than that.
I corrected you with the more than 10% crap, over 10% would be like 2 million, when a number is high the % can matter more. I don't care if it's a shit or great %, you were wrong and I corrected you, nothing more.

Their PS+ numbers seem to be maxing out at around ~46-48M, it will be interesting if this stays around those numbers or increases as more PS5s are sold.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
All I'm saying is analysis made by bored ppl is not sacred scripture. Xbox has a bunch of mediocre exclusives plus a software behemoth with infinite money behind them. Xbox could show up... let's see... HALO! How creative!

Sorry, I kinda responded to you with what I had on my mind rather than addressing what you were saying.

I cancelled my subs for very different reasons than they would understand from the statistics they look at..... it's unconnected to the service, I am punishing for PC ports and lack of expansion in studios and they probably think it is their offering that was weak.

But yeah, people on forums are drawing conclusions from partial info and through a skewed lens.

MrFunSocks

Banned
I'll only reply to you once more on it, COVID lockdown bump, that's the reason that number in last years Q1 are what they are, without COVID crap it wouldn't be that high. It's as large as their Q3 which is a holiday season, which is normally larger than Q1, do you get what I am saying? I can't explain it any easier than that.
I corrected you with the more than 10% crap, over 10% would be like 2 million, when a number is high the % can matter more. I don't care if it's a shit or great %, you were wrong and I corrected you, nothing more.

Their PS+ numbers seem to be maxing out at around ~46-48M, it will be interesting if this stays around those numbers or increases as more PS5s are sold.
So did MS have that same massive drop off from Q1 last year in MAUs, or were Sony the only ones that COVID affected? Again, you're not looking at the bigger picture - how many consoles did they sell in the 12 months since Q1 2020? 15 million PS4+PS5? To go *backwards* in active users after a new console release and full year of sales is not good at all.

I said I was wrong with the 10%, it was 8.7%. Very sorry. That's irrelevant to what we're talking about though.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Sorry, I kinda responded to you with what I had on my mind rather than addressing what you were saying.

I cancelled my subs for very different reasons than they would understand from the statistics they look at..... it's unconnected to the service, I am punishing for PC ports and lack of expansion in studios and they probably think it is their offering that was weak.

But yeah, people on forums are drawing conclusions from partial info and through a skewed lens.
You dont have to worry about ps+ and xbox live.

They will get killed soon. Their worst enemy is fortnite, and what that game brough to the table. That game spawned tons of BR games. With players playing these games, Cod doing Warzone, No one will need to pay for MP anymore, Since those games are free, and dont need PS+ subs.

I expect next year for the subs to go down, as more of these games comes up and up to the system. This is the most logical thing, as to why ps+ dipped low and lost 1m users. People dont want to pay for F2p MP anymore.

Sony will need better ps+ offering for people to sub the service. As for Xbox, they have gamepass, and they want to kill xbox live, in favor of gamepass. So BR and f2p games is a win for them, as people will sub to gamepass, instead of xbox live.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

He's doing it again isn't he?
I think someone's got a crush on me. For someone that supposedly has me on ignore you sure reply to a lot of people about me. It's not reciprocated unfortunately, I think quite lowly of your opinion. I won't be seeing it anymore though.

I've got that person that quoted me on ignore so I didn't see it til I saw your childish post. That persons post makes no sense. How does what I said imply that games run on "ether"? Sony have like 110 million PS4+PS5 consoles out there, yet in the last year they lost 10 million MAUs. That's fact. Indisputable. Sony themselves told us this. What about that has anything to do with "games running on ether"? Did everyones consoles just stop working for the last 3 months?

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
I think someone's got a crush on me. For someone that supposedly has me on ignore you sure reply to a lot of people about me. It's not reciprocated unfortunately, I think quite lowly of your opinion. I won't be seeing it anymore though.

I've got that person that quoted me on ignore so I didn't see it til I saw your childish post. That persons post makes no sense. How does what I said imply that games run on "ether"? Sony have like 110 million PS4+PS5 consoles out there, yet in the last year they lost 10 million MAUs. That's fact. Indisputable. Sony themselves told us this. What about that has anything to do with "games running on ether"? Did everyones consoles just stop working for the last 3 months?
Have you seen the hottest thing right now. Battle royal is what people are chasing now. This is a f2p mode, and doesnt need a sub at all. People have no use for xbox live or ps+ in this case.

Then you got other systems people play on. People doing their work, and not have a time for gaming.

I work from 7am to 3:30pm. I get home at 4pm tired. Change my cloth, get in to a bed. Do some fifa matches, then browse my computer. My brain doesnt function that much, due work overload.

Now imagine this for other people. Unless you are a kid, most people dont have that much gaming time right now. Work is open. School is opening. Kids are going to school right now. All the free time we had last year is gone.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Have you seen the hottest thing right now. Battle royal is what people are chasing now. This is a f2p mode, and doesnt need a sub at all. People have no use for xbox live or ps+ in this case.

Then you got other systems people play on. People doing their work, and not have a time for gaming.

I work from 7am to 3:30pm. I get home at 4pm tired. Change my cloth, get in to a bed. Do some fifa matches, then browse my computer. My brain doesnt function that much, due work overload.

Now imagine this for other people. Unless you are a kid, most people dont have that much gaming time right now. Work is open. School is opening. Kids are going to school right now. All the free time we had last year is gone.
You seem to forget that people somehow managed to play games before COVID. You also don't seem to understand that to be counted as a MAU you simply had to turn your console on once in a month. Once. You think that because of school and work people literally have zero time for games? Insane. Do you really think that 10+ million people bought a console just to play during covid with zero intention of ever using it again?

Also F2P games still count you as a MAU. I don't care about subscription numbers here, I'm talking about the Active Users being 10 million lower than it was this time last year despite having ~15 million more consoles sold since then.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
You seem to forget that people somehow managed to play games before COVID. You also don't seem to understand that to be counted as a MAU you simply had to turn your console on once in a month. Once. You think that because of school and work people literally have zero time for games? Insane.
Numbers before covid, werent the same as numbers after covid. Covid rose gaming higher, than what it should have been.

The fact that Animal crossing on a switch managed to hit 31+m Copies sold in 1 year, despite Mario kart 8 taking 4 years to hit that number, should tell you something.

The entire gaming industry got boosted. I couldnt find any switch in that year. It was sold out everywhere.

Same thing for playstation and xbox. I was lucky to even get Xbox one S.

That year was crazy for gaming. People were hungry for something.

Next quarter report should have more down revenue, especially with work and school being open.

Remember this. Demand increases the product value. Once that demand is lost, the value of the product is lost too. Most of the gaming industry will lose revenue. Even nintendo is starting to feel it now.

Mr Moose

So did MS have that same massive drop off from Q1 last year in MAUs, or were Sony the only ones that COVID affected? Again, you're not looking at the bigger picture - how many consoles did they sell in the 12 months since Q1 2020? 15 million PS4+PS5? To go *backwards* in active users after a new console release and full year of sales is not good at all.

I said I was wrong with the 10%, it was 8.7%. Very sorry. That's irrelevant to what we're talking about though.
I don't know, did they? How many consoles did MS sell? Do they even give out MAU and any interesting numbers anymore? What's their Live Gold numbers? Their GP sub count this Q? Not even sure what MS have to do with the topic at hand though. Oh, it's console wars, isn't it? Your concern for Sony is noted.
I remember last year there was a big spike in game sales due to the COVID crap.
responsive_large_j9XBv7KuSKtg7v9ghet8PhXbPMljxQoCvE2emI1VThI.PNG

good-day-sir-i-said-good-day.jpg

longdi

Banned

Yes. I am also seeing or unseeing where is Jim heading with ps5.
To me, it is as if he is throwing every business-y schit and see which ones sticks.
The focused ps4thegamers approach is gone afaics.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Um, folks do realize that PlayStation is currently coasting on Shawn Laydens vision right now, right? Nothing that got greenlit in 2019 has even been released yet.

We won't be seeing the effect of Jim Ryan until 2022/2023.

People are only getting pissy because Microsoft has made so many strides the past couple of years. If XBox was still operating with 7 first party studios no one would be complaining about Jim Ryan or PlayStation.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Numbers before covid, werent the same as numbers after covid. Covid rose gaming higher, than what it should have been.

The fact that Animal crossing on a switch managed to hit 31+m Copies sold in 1 year, despite Mario kart 8 taking 4 years to hit that number, should tell you something.

The entire gaming industry got boosted. I couldnt find any switch in that year. It was sold out everywhere.

Same thing for playstation and xbox. I was lucky to even get Xbox one S.

That year was crazy for gaming. People were hungry for something.

Next quarter report should have more down revenue, especially with work and school being open.

Remember this. Demand increases the product value. Once that demand is lost, the value of the product is lost too. Most of the gaming industry will lose revenue. Even nintendo is starting to feel it now.
I'm taking about MAUs, not sales. There's no reason for MAUs to go down.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Coarse they would publicly say they ain’t concerned and am sure Microsoft would say the same. Any company’s user/subscriber rate drops there will always be a concern

Cool had no idea Steam Deck was capable of playing 4K/60 games. I have one pre-ordered I thought it is targeting 720p and 60fps in some games and most current gen only games will be 720p 30fps. With the confirmation from you that its comparable to PS5 I think I may just sell my PS5.
Steam Deck is weaker than a Series S.

kingfey

Banned
I'm taking about MAUs, not sales. There's no reason for MAUs to go down.
MAU or as known as monthly active users is all about users engagement to the platform. In order to keep that number, you need to get their attention.

Last year, pandemic increased that engagements.

Now people have other things to do, so their engagement with the console dwindles down. These people aren't the primary gamers. They are people who don't play consoles that much.

You get health issues, and real world issues.

You have to calculate all these things, which will effect it.

MrFunSocks

Banned
MAU or as known as monthly active users is all about users engagement to the platform. In order to keep that number, you need to get their attention.

Last year, pandemic increased that engagements.

Now people have other things to do, so their engagement with the console dwindles down. These people aren't the primary gamers. They are people who don't play consoles that much.

You get health issues, and real world issues.

You have to calculate all these things, which will effect it.
Active users in a month. An entire month without even so much as turning on their console. You think that covid still not being over is the reason that in a year where they sold another 15 million consoles or so, including 10 million of a new gen console which is the fastest console to 10 mil in history, they actually went backwards by 10 million players? That's a potential 25 million lost players in a year, and you think it's just "people getting sick, going to work, and going to school"? So you think up to 25 million people decided to run out and buy playstations when covid hit and then have decided to abandon them before the pandemic is even remotely over?

Active users in a month. An entire month without even so much as turning on their console. You think that covid still not being over is the reason that in a year where they sold another 15 million consoles or so, including 10 million of a new gen console which is the fastest console to 10 mil in history, they actually went backwards by 10 million players? That's a potential 25 million lost players in a year, and you think it's just "people getting sick, going to work, and going to school"? So you think up to 25 million people decided to run out and buy playstations when covid hit and then have decided to abandon them before the pandemic is even remotely over?
All subscription services are prone to these fluctuations. Nothing extraordinary at all. Not all people who buy a console hooks up to a service/stays subscribed all the time. Many people also wait for some interesting content to drop and start their subs.

kingfey

Banned
When was the last time you went to cinema? Or watched a movie, or a TV series?

People aren't a robot. They have other business to do.

This entire month for me, was fifa. Anything else was a no go for me.

I bought switch 3 weeks ago. And I haven't turned it on for 2 weeks.

You just have to accept that no everyone is a gamer like you. People deal with real life. We aren't kids anymore, who play video games 24/7.

We have lives to works on. Some of us are starting college in 1-2 week, and that would be less gaming time for them. Once my college starts, my gaming would be on weekends. Since I have to work, and study for college at the same time. This is a me, a gamer. Now what do you think average Joe will do? Keep on playing?

As for your ps5 analogy, you are forgetting the massive numbers ps4 had. It had 116m. 15m-30m are a hardocre Playstation guys. So they will buy the console fast. Those are still on the system.

The remaining people are casuals. People who don't give a crap about gaming that much.

I have a ps4, due to their exclusive. Anything else on that system is available on pc, or gamepass. I haven't seen a ps4 game aside of miles dlc, which comeout last year. People have other consoles have no reason to turn on their ps4.

MrFunSocks

Banned
All subscription services are prone to these fluctuations. Nothing extraordinary at all. Not all people who buy a console hooks up to a service/stays subscribed all the time. Many people also wait for some interesting content to drop and start their subs.

When was the last time you went to cinema? Or watched a movie, or a TV series?

People aren't a robot. They have other business to do.

This entire month for me, was fifa. Anything else was a no go for me.

I bought switch 3 weeks ago. And I haven't turned it on for 2 weeks.

You just have to accept that no everyone is a gamer like you. People deal with real life. We aren't kids anymore, who play video games 24/7.

We have lives to works on. Some of us are starting college in 1-2 week, and that would be less gaming time for them. Once my college starts, my gaming would be on weekends. Since I have to work, and study for college at the same time. This is a me, a gamer. Now what do you think average Joe will do? Keep on playing?

As for your ps5 analogy, you are forgetting the massive numbers ps4 had. It had 116m. 15m-30m are a hardocre Playstation guys. So they will buy the console fast. Those are still on the system.

The remaining people are casuals. People who don't give a crap about gaming that much.

I have a ps4, due to their exclusive. Anything else on that system is available on pc, or gamepass. I haven't seen a ps4 game aside of miles dlc, which comeout last year. People have other consoles have no reason to turn on their ps4.
I'll say this one more time because for some reason people can't seem to get it:

MONTHLY

ACTIVE

USERS

Playing Fifa would count you as a MAU. Playing on a weekend would count you as a MAU.

I work full-time and have a family. Somehow I manage to turn my xbox on at least once a month. I watch movies and/or tv series nightly. I'm not an anomaly, people can play video games once a month without being a basement dwelling neckbeard unemployed loser.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
I'll say this one more time because for some reason people can't seem to get it:

MONTHLY

ACTIVE

USERS

Playing Fifa would count you as a MAU. Playing on a weekend would count you as a MAU.

I work full-time and have a family. Somehow I manage to turn my xbox on at least once a month. I watch movies and/or tv series nightly. I'm not an anomaly, people can play video games once a month without being a basement dwelling neckbeard unemployed loser.
What happens if I quit fifa for 1 month? Wouldnt that affect my MAU.

It seems you really dont understand gaming at all. People arent like you. They have lives. People die too. Some of 2020 gamers are dead by now, and didnt make it to 2021 holiday releases. Some people got important things in life, and decided to put gaming down. Some just had enough mental breakdown, that they need some time alone from gaming.

You need to understand these things effect MAU. Not everyone is a kid. Not everyone will play the same console every year. People get in to a different platform.

Once you know these, its not hard to understand why MAU is low,

MONTHLY

ACTIVE

USERS

Again. That's a totally normal fluctuation. Over 100 million PSN accounts, logging in at least once a month. There are 116 million PS4 sold, that doesn't mean ALL of them are active. There are many other million PS3s, some PSP and Vita, 10 million PS5 out there, many of them log on to PSN a least once a month, many others are not active.

In some instances its the same user logging in on different platform.

Consider this: there are more PSN accounts than hardware sold (active or not). For example, in a family, on the same PS4 there could be 3 accounts. The father and his two sons. One of them, let's say the father is a regular player and logs in frequently. The sons not so much, and eventually one or both them stopped logging in on those accounts they created to play some games on their father's PS4 and moved on to other things, maybe play on a different platform or not play at all, whatever the case.

There are many scenarios. Some people create accounts from different countries to purchase or download some content from time to time, etc., etc.

Last edited:

It seems you really dont understand gaming at all. People arent like you. They have lives. People die too. Some of 2020 gamers are dead by now, and didnt make it to 2021 holiday releases. Some people got important things in life, and decided to put gaming down. Some just had enough mental breakdown, that they need some time alone from gaming.

You need to understand these things effect MAU. Not everyone is a kid. Not everyone will play the same console every year. People get in to a different platform.

I didn't turn on any console for 2 straight months at the start of this year. I then renewed PS Plus (inactive for like 4 months) and then I log in to redeem the monthly games.

MrFunSocks

Banned

Again. That's a totally normal fluctuation. Over 100 million PSN accounts, logging in at least once a month. There are 116 million PS4 sold, that doesn't mean ALL of them are active. There are many other million PS3s, some PSP and Vita, 10 million PS5 out there, many of them log on to PSN a least once a month, many others are not active.

In some instances its the same user logging in on different platform.

Consider this: there are more PSN accounts than hardware sold (active or not). For example, in a family, on the same PS4 there could be 3 accounts. The father and his two sons. One of them, let's say the father is a regular player and logs in frequently. The sons not so much, and eventually one or both them stopped logging in on those accounts they created to play some games on their father's PS4 and moved on to other things, maybe play on a different platform or not play at all, whatever the case.

There are many scenarios. Some people create accounts from different countries to purchase or download some content from time to time, etc., etc.
But again, there was a *massive* drop year on year. Taking into account the ~15 million new consoles sales, they lost up to 25 million active users throughout the year.

This isn't rocket science. You guys can keep trying to pretend I'm a nerd gamer kid and that's the only way I can turn on my console for 2 minutes once a month, but it's wrong and just you scrambling to make excuses. People have lives, correct, but they have always had lives and people have always died and all the other excuses you listed, yet Sony don't always go backwards by 10 million MAUs.

But again, there was a *massive* drop year on year. Taking into account the ~15 million new consoles sales, they lost up to 25 million active users throughout the year.

This isn't rocket science. You guys can keep trying to pretend I'm a nerd gamer kid and that's the only way I can turn on my console for 2 minutes once a month, but it's wrong and just you scrambling to make excuses. People have lives, correct, but they have always had lives and people have always died and all the other excuses you listed, yet Sony don't always go backwards by 10 million MAUs.
ok I just listed excuses, you're right..... PSN is dying OMFG!!!!!! It's the end of PlayStation!! Happy now? geez.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom