• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Russia Refuses to Release CoD Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Campaign

https://wccftech.com/sony-russia-refuses-cod-modern-warfare-2-remastered/

Sony Russia is seemingly refusing to release Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered on the Russian PlayStation Store.

As covered yesterday, the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered campaign will be timed-exclusive for PlayStation 4 for one month before releasing on Xbox One and PC, but as it turns out, the remastered title won’t be coming out on PlayStation 4 in Russia at all, for the time being.

The news comes from the official Russian Call of Duty Twitter account, which tweeted that Sony Interactive Entertainmant has decided that the game won't be sold on the Russian PlayStation Store.

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered is a completely fictional 2009 campaign, recreated in HD quality", the translated tweet reads. "SIE decided not to sell the game in the Russian PS Store. We look forward to the release of the game in digital form for the PC in http://Battle.net and on Xbox consoles."

Sony Russia's refusal to release the remastered Modern Warfare 2 campaign is most likely related to the controversial "No Russian" mission, in which players control an undercover CIA agent who takes part in a mass shooting to gain the trust of a Russian terrorist cell at an airport in fictional Moscow. In the Russian version of Modern Warfare 2, the mission was pulled from the game’s campaign mode.

While controversial, publisher Activision didn’t shed away from keeping the mission in the game, but following playtesting, developer Infinity Ward and Activision did decide to make the mission optional.

“The most memorable reaction was from an enlisted gentlemen who immediately put down the controller and left the room”, level designer Mohammad Alavi said during an interview in 2016. “He said he wouldn’t play that level. He would play the rest of the game, but not that level. That’s where the decision to make it skippable came from. We didn’t want anyone interested in the rest of the game to be blocked by something they found morally wrong.”

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered is available now for PlayStation 4. The game will release for PC and Xbox One next month.
Russians still mad about that no russian mission.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I never got the appeal of COD. I once played Black Ops 2 in a friends laptop and found it ok. He then made me play Modern Warfare 3 and 2. I found MW 3 to be really boring, but still finished it. By the time I started MW 2 I was really bored, so I only played a few missions.
I dont think Russians are missing out on anything. Rather play Metro Exodus - Sam's Story, that recently came out.

brap

Banned
I never got the appeal of COD. I once played Black Ops 2 in a friends laptop and found it ok. He then made me play Modern Warfare 3 and 2. I found MW 3 to be really boring, but still finished it. By the time I started MW 2 I was really bored, so I only played a few missions.
I dont think Russians are missing out on anything. Rather play Metro Exodus - Sam's Story, that recently came out.
Nice blog dude. We all care so much. Keep us updated.

HE1NZ

Banned
Russians are not mad. Sony Russia is. I think they also cancelled physical release of MW. I guess they assume they are woke if they ban the game.

Modern Warfare is quite popular here. Most people play on PC though.

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
With wccftech? Not really, I just like reading news on that site and I share those news on gaf.
How's that make me affiliated?
E. Self-Promotion and Spam

Do not create new threads promoting a product or service you have any involvement in, or paste PR materials for promotional purposes, or attempt to embed referral links in your posts to generate revenue. If an existing discussion is taking place directly involving something you are associated with, you may participate in order to answer questions, clarify details, and otherwise engage with the community, but as a person, not an advertisement.

E. Self-Promotion and Spam

Do not create new threads promoting a product or service you have any involvement in, or paste PR materials for promotional purposes, or attempt to embed referral links in your posts to generate revenue. If an existing discussion is taking place directly involving something you are associated with, you may participate in order to answer questions, clarify details, and otherwise engage with the community, but as a person, not an advertisement.
You jelly or something? Insane perhaps? I got nothing to do with wccftech, pc gamer and other outlets.
There's countless other people posting news from other sites here. How is this thread different?

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
You jelly or something? Insane perhaps? I got nothing to do with wccftech, pc gamer and other outlets.
There's countless other people posting news from other sites here. How is this thread different?
Jealous about what exactly? Jealous about someone posting something on the internet? You should come back to reality

Mista

Banned
Nobody cares. People get to enjoy what you don’t. Shocking right?

Virex

Banned
You tell me.
And you haven't answered the second question.
So maybe it's time you get back to your basement.
I didn't say you work for them. I asked if you do, because there is often times people here trying to promote / self promote. Which is against the rules here on GAF. On another note though. I do not have a basement unfortunately. The house I own has 4 rooms which are unfortunately not basements either. Very sorry to disappoint you. If my house had a basement it wouldn't be ideal because there would be a lot of people asking to live there and that would not be a good thing. I will however remind myself on a regular basis that I should be grateful that my house does not have a basement because it could dramatically change my life and I don't want to end up in the same situation as you. It would be sad, depressing and quite pathetic. :messenger_winking:

Matt_Fox

As a Brit, I'm well used to seeing 'British baddies' on screen - it's fiction, it's fantasy, it's not real.

Jason Isaacs burning a church of colonists in The Patriot or Peter Cushing blowing up innocent Alderaan in Star Wars, I've never been offended by that because I understand that stories need goodies and baddies to work.

If this is true about Sony Russia then it's yet another example of 'censored by Sony' and really rather ridiculous.

Virex

Banned
qCMNJcT.jpg

Mista

Banned
As a Brit, I'm well used to seeing 'British baddies' on screen - it's fiction, it's fantasy, it's not real.

Jason Isaacs burning a church of colonists in The Patriot or Peter Cushing blowing up innocent Alderaan in Star Wars, I've never been offended by that because I understand that stories need goodies and baddies to work.

If this is true about Sony Russia then it's yet another example of 'censored by Sony' and really rather ridiculous.
As a Muslim, I got used to being the terrorist in every medium. Am I butthurt? No. Don’t really give a shit. What baffles me is when people actually gets butthurt over such bollocks

I didn't say you work for them. I asked if you do, because there is often times people here trying to promote / self promote. Which is against the rules here on GAF. On another note though. I do not have a basement unfortunately. The house I own has 4 rooms which are unfortunately not basements either. Very sorry to disappoint you. If my house had a basement it wouldn't be ideal because there would be a lot of people asking to live there and that would not be a good thing. I will however remind myself on a regular basis that I should be grateful that my house does not have a basement because it could dramatically change my life and I don't want to end up in the same situation as you. It would be sad, depressing and quite pathetic. :messenger_winking:
I see what you did there. Not impressed.
If you actually lived like me, you'd be very happy. You would be less frustrated and you wouldn't have to vent like you just did on GAF.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Denying others to see art, just because someone may or may not get butthurt...

I'm pretty sure that's called censorship.
I can't imagine, that Russians would get butthurt, it's just probably some imported Sony exec who is woke and cannot let something inside of country which he/she deem as "culturally insensitive"...or shit like that. As far as I know Xbox is still publishing it digitally.

As a Muslim, I got used to being the terrorist in every medium. Am I butthurt? No. Don’t really give a shit. What baffles me is when people actually gets butthurt over such bollocks
What bothers me more is that some media actively pushing againts shooting historically bad guys, like for example in Wolfenstein 2. Somehow that you are shooting Nazis, you "enabling" them. I am not so sure what does it mean to be honest. But obviously with Wolfenstein 2 irony, that Sweden makes this game is another "issue".

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
I see what you did there. Not impressed.
If you actually lived like me, you'd be very happy. You would be less frustrated and you wouldn't have to vent like you just did on GAF.
You really must know very little people if you think that is venting. Which makes the basement theory even more probable

Russian government consists of boomers that were indoctrinated by their parents and grandparents.

And those parents and grandparents were indoctrinated by the soviet regime.

Any anti-Russia "propaganda" is met with extreme salt.
So it's not really surprising that it got banned.

Russians are the most toxic people ever on steam.

French people are next.

Br on 3
As a Russian I can confirm this.
Also fuck you and your room temperature shitposts.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Pepperidge Farm remembers :)

Games have already been through the meat grinder with the ratings board. What’s with a little controversy. A fictional tragedy being a bit extreme versus cinema and other media portraying obscene material. If you enforce an age rating on games then you must realize that people who are not children enjoy such a media. I enjoyed the game a lot. MW2’s launch was 2 blocks of people waiting outside GameStop.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Pepperidge Farm remembers :)

Games have already been through the meat grinder with the ratings board. What’s with a little controversy. A fictional tragedy being a bit extreme versus cinema and other media portraying obscene material. If you enforce an age rating on games then you must realize that people who are not children enjoy such a media. I enjoyed the game a lot. MW2’s launch was 2 blocks of people waiting outside GameStop.

Those people probably stood in line longer than the campaign lasts. I dug MW2, but not including any MP makes this a nogo for me.

Russians are the most toxic people ever on steam.
I have a Russian dude in my friendslist actually, one of the friendliest and most helpful guys I've ever met in Vermintide. And this game is pretty notorious for its "toxic" community nowadays.

French people are next.
Thanks, we're doing our best. :messenger_blowing_kiss:
But yeah, most of the other French people I've met in Vermintide (again) are elitist jerks, and definitely not showing a good image of us. In other games, not so much.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
No one cares sony russia, you probably just pissed off the few thousand ps4 gamers in Russia who wanted to play the MW2 Remaster.

Top Bottom