• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Q1: 2.3 M PS5s shipped; G&NS reports record-breaking revenues

Great Hair

Banned
7PiY6qj.png

This you fam? Care to comment on the 26% decline in third-party titles for Playstation?

PAST 3 YEARS REVENUE
SONY Q1 vs Mykrosof Fiscal Year

SOFTWARE FY21Q1 vs FY18Q1 +30%, vs FY19Q1 +43%, vs FY20Q1 -25%
HARDWARE FY21Q1 vs FY18Q1 +22%, vs FY19Q1 +19%, vs FY20Q1 +217%

up to FY20Q1 = $60 per game
FY21Q1 = $70 or €80 or $95 incl. tax per game
+16% more revenue per title = -25% less revenue (on paper, only -9% loss?)
SOFTWARE FY21 vs FY20 +0% or +19%**, vs FY19 +0% or +19%** , vs FY18 +11%
HARDWARE FY21 vs FY20 -31%, vs FY19 -13%, vs FY18 -21%

**Looks like they copied paragraphs from the 2019 report for the 2020 report. 1:1

MS FY18
SOFTWARE +11% primarily due to third-party title strength and subscriptions growth, mtx
HARDWARE -21% (revenue)

MS FY19
SOFTWARE +19%** or +20% primarily due to third-party title strength and subscriptions growth, mtx
HARDWARE -13% (not revenue)

MS FY20
SOFTWARE +19%** primarily due to third-party title strength and subscriptions growth, mtx
HARDWARE -31% (revenue), -13% less sold

aWJ4hS6.png

7XDLYbB.png

Your honor, I rest my case! Queue in Victory Song
jrtcf0m.png

PD: looking good

On Demand

Banned
Different companies have different year ends, they don’t run on calendar year.

Ah. Of course. Going over the reports again I was reading it wrong and got quarters confused anyway.

Interesting that PS plus memberships dropped. I guess that’s expected. Can’t keep that pandemic boosts constantly high.

For all the gamepass marketeers in this thread. No, content and services being down isn’t because of that. As shown by MLB21 sales. Being on gamepass hasn’t affected its sales at all. A damn rental service ain’t having that large affect on another platform. Especially PlayStation.

Bryank75

Banned
There were 2 graphs in that post, the 2nd one is more relevant.
Meh, they should just push PSNow for people not buying the console.....

If they want a more premium experience, then launch a 1000 dollar Pro model..... many people would buy it.

There is too much that cuts across and cannibalizes eachother with their current 'strategy'.

eeTBhBU.png

Sony mentioned today that they secured the chips needed to achive their FY of consoles sold for this quarter (ABOVE 14.8 million for this FY, so MORE THAN 22.6 million since launch). If nothing weird happens, PS5 will be on more than 22.6M while Switch was 19.67M after their first 6 quarters.

Pretty close numbers, so since they did release on opposite parts of the year and knowing that consoles sell way more on their holidays quarter, depending of which part of the year and depending on how do you count it (by FY, by quarter, by month) Switch will be sometimes during a quarter or two temporally ahead of PS5.

Once they solve the lack of chips issue allowing Sony to highly scale up their production, the difference between PS5 and Switch will skyrocket because even if selling at record levels, PS5 are getting sold out in minutes. A couple of days ago here in Spain one of the major retailers got a new shipment and they got sold out in less than 3 minutes.

That's a stretch to assume.
Other components could be in short supply. Chips secured could be the raw numbers and yield could be bad. There could be production issues for TSMC.
Demand could slow down a little bit.

There is no reason to be premature. Better to wait an see if Sony can ship over 3.5m PS5 the next quarter.

PS4 FY2014 shipments
Q1: 2.8m
Q2: 3.4m
Q3: 6.4m
Q4: 2.3m

Right now PS5 is half a million units behind that goal.
I think Sony will be behind / on par at best with PS4 until Q4
I don't even think they will match PS4 next quarter

Last edited:

Supmate

Neo Member
From production numbers it seems that Sony is holding back some stock for holiday (their GNS inventory also rose to 1 bil USD)
Could the inventory be unsold PS4's? 0.5 million sold worldwide in a qtr is practically nothing. I can't recall what last years forecast was for PS4 but I'd imagine they must've planned to sell more than that this qtr and into the holiday season. Supply chains are not so easy to wind down so their must be a cost in terms of inventory if they have capacity to make say 1 million a quarter PS4's and are selling significantly less?

The PS4 market has shrank quicker than the (constrained by supply) PS5 market has grown or maybe its one to one, I don't know. However the implication is that Playstion, the business, is not growing at all even though demand for PS5 is stellar

yurinka

From production numbers it seems that Sony is holding back some stock for holiday (their GNS inventory also rose to 1 bil USD)
We also have to consider they said their goal is to sell more that number because it was the PS4 number. So 'more than 22.6M' maybe means to sell 2390034M units this FY.

yazenov

Same, but the takes were so hot that I couldn't help myself :messenger_beaming:

32lyVnV.png

gFA3FIP.png
Xbox numbers dropped last week, and in the thread some people were concerned about the -4% in content and services, some of them blaming Gamepass for eating sales.

Playstation content and services is at -16%. Either Gamepass is eating Playstation sales, or Gamepass has absolutely nothing to do with any of this.

(it's the latter, of course)

Last year Sony had 2 huge exclusive releases such as The Last Of US part 2 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Compare it to the release now and you can most probably get the answer you're looking for. Nice try though.

I mean whats your point though? Do you really believe that Gamepass doesn't affect software purchase habits of Xbox consumers? Why buy games when you can rent them for cheap? Its this MS's strategy to counter the dominance of Sony and Nintendo? You cant have it both ways. Either Gamepass is the best value in gaming or is it not? Do tell.

Last edited:

yurinka

That's a stretch to assume.
No, it's a fact.
Other components could be in short supply. Chips secured could be the raw numbers and yield could be bad. There could be production issues for TSMC.
Demand could slow down a little bit.
Yes, and aliens can invade the planet Earth and can destroy all humans.

But the only issue preventing them to sell more consoles is that they can't produce more due to lack of chips, and they said they already secured enough to achieve their shipments goal.

There is no reason to be premature. Better to wait an see if Sony can ship over 3.5m PS5 the next quarter.

PS4 FY2014 shipments
Q1: 2.7m
Q2: 3.3m
Q3: 6.4m
Q4: 2.4m

Right now PS5 is half a million units behind that goal.
I think Sony will be behind / on par at best with PS4 until Q4
I don't even think they will match PS4 next quarter
If as they mentioned they get the chips on time, at the end of the FY they will be ahead of Switch and PS4, as they are now.
Until then, they will be above or under Switch and PS4 depending of when do they receive the chips.
But at the end of the fiscal year they will be outselling PS4 and Switch.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Q1 FY2021 Highlights

PS5 is the fastest-selling console in history

"Since launching in November 2020, PS5 global sales have outpaced PS4, SIE’s previous record holder for fastest selling console"

. Units sold

PS5 reached 10M sold-through (as of July 18, 2021)

PS4 reached 10M sold-through (as of August 10, 2014)

2. Units shipped

Q1 FY 2021

NMddtV1.jpeg

LTD

AFG7Bp5.jpeg

3. PlayStation Network

5p1mfKo.jpeg

4. Sony Games

Sony Interactive Entertainment (PlayStation)

Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS4/PS5)
from Insomniac Games has sold more than 6.5 million copies

MLB The Show 21 (Multi-platform)
from San Diego Studio has sold more than 2 million copies

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5)
from Insomniac Games has sold more than 1.1 million copies

Returnal (PS5)
from Housemarque, has sold more than 560,000 copies

Sony Music Entertainment Japan's Aniplex (Mobile Gaming)

Fate/Grand Order from Sony’s Aniplex surpassed $4 billion in lifetime player spending according to Sensor Tower (Jan 30, 2020)

FGO fever is still going strong in Japan according to Sensor Tower

CUjo7ey.jpeg

5. SIE's internal development studios grew from 20 to 500 people

“Many of our studios grew naturally. These studios were small before, and gradually grew from about 20 to 500 people”

Gs2R9uB.jpeg

6. Sony Q1 FY2021 Consolidated Results

hclNBPi.jpeg

7. G&NS Q1 FY2021 Results

XS3A3vA.jpeg

bYX9rmU.jpeg

8. Sony posts record gaming revenue (GNS + Music Mobile Gaming)

- June 2021 ¥633,770
= (615,810 + 17,960)

-June 2020 ¥632,130 = (606,109 + 25,920)

June 2021

bYX9rmU.jpeg

qDg7o6i.jpeg

June 2020

ABvx75K.jpeg

9. G&NS FY2021 Forecast

Sales and Operating Income remain unchanged from April forecast

4hyECf4.jpeg

10.Pre-Pandemic Levels

Q1 FY19 ( Software + Services) = ¥324,917

EhpgjNq.jpeg

Q1 FY21 (Software + Services) = ¥448,020

bYX9rmU.jpeg

11. PS5 sales target

FY21 14.8M+

FY22 22.6M+

wIkxdak.jpeg

12. PS5 market share target

CY25 50%+ (approx. $45Bn in revenue)

mnxUtC9.jpeg

13. PlayStation (SIE) revenue structure

Software, Services&Peripherals account for 80% in FY20

tuZvlYV.jpeg

14. PSN growth since FY13

Approx. 10X

PK4WMgp.jpeg

15. Free To Play accounts for 25%+ of total PS Store consumer spend

mQVzFhj.jpeg

16. PlayStation expanding beyond console

dkODGtD.jpeg

17. Sony's ability to generate cash

bgjCgSg.jpeg

mSq1JON.jpeg

18. Sony's capital allocation (from FY21 through the FY ending March 31, 2024)

zXvese5.jpeg

19. Current State of The Business

“ Sales of all the titles we released during the quarter, exceded our expectations”

“Software sales increased 38% compared to the same quarter of FY19, which was before the COVID-19 pandemic”

KX8YDXO.jpeg

20. PlayStation Studios is accelerating investment to strengthen its production capabilities

UiJ9jwx.jpeg

Very detailed and transparent, unlike others.

Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

Last year Sony had 2 huge exclusive releases such as The Last Of US part 2 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Compare it to the release now and you can most probably get the answer you're looking for. Nice try though.

I mean whats your point though? Do you really believe that Gamepass doesn't affect software purchase habits of Xbox consumers? Why buy games when you can rent them for cheap? Its this MS's strategy to counter the dominance of Sony and Nintendo? You cant have it both ways. Either Gamepass is the best value in gaming or is it not? Do tell.

i dont know about other territories but in the UK, gamepass is definately having an affect. how many games used to have an 80% share on PlayStation platforms last gen? for outriders it was understandable but resident evil 8 also had an 80% share on PS platforms. usually its only final fantasy that has such a split. we're seeing it more often now but again, this is just the UK. we dont have any sales data for US.

yazenov

i dont know about other territories but in the UK, gamepass is definately having an affect. how many games used to have an 80% share on PlayStation platforms last gen? for outriders it was understandable but resident evil 8 also had an 80% share on PS platforms. usually its only final fantasy that has such a split. we're seeing it more often now but again, this is just the UK. we dont have any sales data for US.

Agreed. Its really obvious since the ratio increased in favor of Playstation from last gen compared to this generation. No other explanation other than Gamepass cannibalizing software sales for Xbox and changing consumers habits.

kingfey

Banned
Roblox as of now has Xbox console exclusive, pretty likely timed since its CEO said in the previous quarter's investors call that 'Switch, PlayStation, Quest – all of these platforms make perfect sense for Roblox'.
No way Sony would allow roblox on their platform. Roblox is a risky business to Sony, due to the amount of copyright protection the game is breaking. There is also, the in built in store on Roblox. Unless roblox and Sony goes to agreement on how to handle that market, they won't bother putting the game on their store.

Also allowing roblox on their store, would bring all kind of shit stuff to Sony. Any game that has Roblox style of market would want to join the store.

Roblox users create content on the platform. You need roblox coins to play those games. Those users get paid by roblox, and roblox takes a cut from that. Sony would want a piece of that Pie. If they allow it, any devs would allow players to make modes on their game, where they make money of it, and pay those users. Sony won't see anything from that. Only thing they will be paid, would be the initial Coins, which is 30% cut. Payment between devs and players would be out of Sony reach.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
PS5 is now profitable on a hardware base. Digital is still taking a small loss but is offset by accessories sales.

This is what I was waiting to see. But ppl said the PS5 costs $600, $650 to make, they are taking massive losses, etc etc.

if there is ever a bill of materials chart.....thats gonna be a wild thread....

So many of us tried to discuss it logically....based on a Bloomberg article about $450 cost to build...and IIRC this was before we knew about the DE ....

So many were just giddy that the PS5 was gonna be a repeat of the PS3, XBO with regards to build costs.

Also, hopefully that part about still aiming to hit that target for 2022 means stock will get better.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
KX8YDXO.jpeg

So they also saw a decline from last year just like Microsoft. 15% in revenue. 32% in total gametime.

What was the decline for MS? Does anyone remember off the top of their head? Dont feel like looking it up.

Great.

Digital in terms of what? Software sales? PS Network costs? Or are you referring to the PS5 DE?
He's referring to the $399 DE.

Last edited:

reksveks

KX8YDXO.jpeg

So they also saw a decline from last year just like Microsoft. 15% in revenue. 32% in total gametime.

What was the decline for MS? Does anyone remember off the top of their head? Dont feel like looking it up.

He's referring to the $399 DE.
Microsoft revenue drop was 6%, don't think we got anything about gametime/engagement

SlimySnake

Microsoft revenue drop was 6%, don't think we got anything about gametime/engagement
Damn. I remember now. So it does seem like Gamepass helped them mitigate some of the decline like they said. I guess the situation isnt as dire as I had assumed in that thread.

Evilms

Banned
Code:
+--------+------------+------------+------------+
| System |     PS3    |     PS4    |     PS5    |   
|   Q3   |     1.7    |     4.5    |     4.5    | 
|   Q4   |     1.9    |     3.1    |     3.3    |
|   Q1   |     0.7    |     2.8    |     2.3    |   
|   Q2   |      -     |      -     |      -     |   
|   LTD  |     4.3    |    10.4    |    10.1    |

SlimySnake

Code:
| System |     PS3    |     PS4    |     PS5    |  
|   Q3   |     1.7    |     4.5    |     4.5    |
|   Q4   |     1.9    |     3.1    |     3.3    |
|   Q1   |     0.7    |     2.8    |     2.3    |  
|   Q2   |      -     |      -     |      -     |  
|   LTD  |     4.3    |    10.4    |    10.1    |
So PS5 no longer Sonys fastest console sold?

I guess the supply issues have finally caught up to them.

Great Hair

Banned
2020 was apparently Sony´s best Q1. The imminent release of TLOU2, GOT sure pushed them to new records. I´m surprised how low the PS4 sales are for 2021, even 2020 they sold less, but software wise they sold more compared to prev. years.

Time to lower the fucking price of PS4, PS4 Pro (incur hw loss, gain it back (potentially) thru software sales, after 7 years... )

JnxB3To.png

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
If PS5 just became profitable, PS5 digital is taking a big loss of $70 to $80
That may be true....but its still no where near the $200-$300 of the PS3.

yurinka

No way Sony would allow roblox on their platform. Roblox is a risky business to Sony, due to the amount of copyright protection the game is breaking. There is also, the in built in store on Roblox. Unless roblox and Sony goes to agreement on how to handle that market, they won't bother putting the game on their store.

Also allowing roblox on their store, would bring all kind of shit stuff to Sony. Any game that has Roblox style of market would want to join the store.

Roblox users create content on the platform. You need roblox coins to play those games. Those users get paid by roblox, and roblox takes a cut from that. Sony would want a piece of that Pie. If they allow it, any devs would allow players to make modes on their game, where they make money of it, and pay those users. Sony won't see anything from that. Only thing they will be paid, would be the initial Coins, which is 30% cut. Payment between devs and players would be out of Sony reach.
Sony would allow it in the same way than MS allowed it. And like MS, Sony would get 30% of any purchased DLC/IAP inside the game as happens in all the other games. If the publisher decides send a portion of their 70% to the creator or not it's a decision of the publisher. Like in Xbox.

Regarding the copyright protection, in the same way MS or Sony handled all their own and 3rd party UGC games: the game publisher handles moderation and copyright issue.

Last edited:

yurinka

Fastest selling console of all time.
Yes, PS5 is now the fastest selling console ever after 3 quarters. And at the end of the FTY it will be the fastest selling console ever after 6 quarters if they achieve their goal/get these chips -which are supposed to be already secured- on time.

PS5 is the fastest selling console ever (this includes Switch) to achieve over 10M units sold, after their first 3 quarters. PS4 shipped more but sold less.

And if they achieve their goal (seems they secured enough chips to achieve it, and the demand will be there) PS5 will continue being the fastest selling console ever after their first 6 quarters.
eeTBhBU.png

But since the difference with Switch is small and they were released on different parts of the year and Switch and PS4/PS5 don't have the holidays aligned, Switch will temporally be on top during a few months.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

These numbers shows basically the opposite.

Sony supply issues are way heavy than PS4.

PS4 10.4m shipped end of July / 10m sold in mid August.
PS5 10.1 shipped end of July / 10m sold in mid July.

PS4 had at least 500k units on shelves to retail sell.
PS5 near none.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

This is what I was waiting to see. But ppl said the PS5 costs $600, $650 to make, they are taking massive losses, etc etc.

if there is ever a bill of materials chart.....thats gonna be a wild thread....

So many of us tried to discuss it logically....based on a Bloomberg article about $450 cost to build...and IIRC this was before we knew about the DE ....

So many were just giddy that the PS5 was gonna be a repeat of the PS3, XBO with regards to build costs.

Also, hopefully that part about still aiming to hit that target for 2022 means stock will get better.
Yeah, Bloomberg has been pretty much on the money with their reports. $450 BOM always indicated to me that it was very close to selling for a profit since the PS4 BOM was $381 and Sony said that selling one first party game would help them break even putting the total cost at $460 so we can assume that $80 is the distribution and retailer cut for the PS4. Applying the same retailer and distribution costs towards the PS5's $450 BOM, we get $530 which is only $30 over the MSRP instead of $60 for the PS4. It might explain why they were able to turn a profit so fast.

The one thing they were potentially wrong about was their reports that the yields were low and that would cost Sony to miss their internal shipment numbers. From what I was told, the smaller chips in the PS5 would actually have higher yields and the PS5 outshipping the Xbox nearly 2:1 should be proof of that. I wonder what happened there. Their sources within Sony are usually on the mark. Maybe Sony was aiming to ship more than just 10 million? They never really announced their internal predictions.

Last edited:
That may be true....but its still no where near the $200-$300 of the PS3.

Tue. Also i wonder why no one is talking about image sensors. That division is the new king of Sony.

The point of exclusives are to drive hardware sales....not to actually make profits on their own. So your approach to this is flawed from the beginning.
This is true to a point. Exclusives are used to drive hardware sales. But hardware is used to sell software, as is indicated by the loss-leader strategy employed at the start of every fucking generation. Sony make waaaaaaay more profit from software sales than they do on hardware. Like it or not, Sony is in the ecosystem business now.

Meh, they should just push PSNow for people not buying the console.....

If they want a more premium experience, then launch a 1000 dollar Pro model..... many people would buy it.

There is too much that cuts across and cannibalizes eachother with their current 'strategy'.

Its better that you cannibalise yourself, than be eaten alive by your competitors.
See: The Walkman vs. iPod, Kodak vs. Digital Cameras etc.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

What a difference a year makes.

Herman Hurst in March 2020.

PSB: PlayStation is no stranger to publishing titles on the PC, but Horizon: Zero Dawn is one of the largest games to make that leap. Is there anything you would say to PlayStation fans? What does it mean for the future?
HH:
Sure. I think it’s important that we stay open to new ideas of how to introduce more people to PlayStation, and show people maybe what they’ve been missing out on.

And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn’t necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance. We don’t have plans for day and date [PC releases], and we remain 100% committed to dedicated hardware.

I remember the last time I brought this up earlier this year when Days Gone was announced, people told me that Days Gone is just one game and Herman was 'technically' right. Well, now can I get some apologies? My DMs are open. I also accept cash and nudes if you cant muster up an apology.

P.S Some more choice quotes from February and June of this year.

This is following on from your publishing Horizon Zero Dawn on PC in August last year. How did that go?

We assessed the exercise in two ways. Firstly, in terms of the straightforward success of the activity of publishing the game on PC, people liked it and they bought it. We also looked at it through the lens of what the PlayStation community thought about it. There was no massive adverse reaction to it. So we will continue to take mission steps in this direction.
So I guess they do care what forum dwellers and the twitter mobs think but didnt see a big enough backlash. I am guessing they had TheAPP99 blocked on twitter.
But I want to emphasize that PlayStation will remain the best place to play our PlayStation Studios titles at launch. But we do value PC gamers, and we’ll continue to look at the right times to launch each game. Bend Studio just released the PC version of Days Gone on May 18. So that’s about two years after the PS4 release.

So to summarize, first it's just horizon then days gone because no backlash then all PS games, and then two months later he went out and bought Nixxes. Who wants to bet he will do a 180 on the 'at launch' bit before the end of the year? You get most of your revenue on day one after all and Nixxes has a good 6 months before launch to port the game. They have experience doing day one PC ports of Tomb Raider games.

I for one have come around to liking this strategy. Should save me a lot of money on mid gen refreshes, $60 a year PSN subs and if Nvidia ever decides to stop scamming the PC userbase, I might even buy a 3080 and run everything at 2x the framerate. I just really dislike how Sony went about misleading their audience for a year. I went back and read some of the replies, and so many gaffers bought into what Herman was saying. I dont much like VFX but I remember everyone jumping on him when he said Sony will eventually port everything to PC.

Last edited:

TheBomb

I think I read it some place, but glad they are pushing back calls to sell certain divisions to concentrate only on hardware.

Yeah, where is ALLLLLLL the money from those ports? I was assured Sony would be raking it in for their efforts....

Fucking waste of time.
MLB is his fault, he should told them to shove it and find someone else to make it if they didn't like it being exclusive.

There is zero fan engagement, zero excitement or energy...... why would anyone be enthusiastic to buy games with him heading things up.

There is more to being a CEO than putting the price up and putting games on PC and thinking that the money will roll in. He is a fucking moron. He should be taking care of chickens. He can count their eggs.
O boy you must hate Jim Ryan don't you?? I bet that you in your dreams are kicking him in the nuts al over the place that he can't speak anymore....forever..am I right ore am I right?

Topher

Gold Member
What a difference a year makes.

Herman Hurst in March 2020.

I remember the last time I brought this up earlier this year when Days Gone was announced, people told me that Days Gone is just one game and Herman was 'technically' right. Well, now can I get some apologies? My DMs are open. I also accept cash and nudes if you cant muster up an apology.

P.S Some more choice quotes from February and June of this year.

So I guess they do care what forum dwellers and the twitter mobs think but didnt see a big enough backlash. I am guessing they had TheAPP99 blocked on twitter.

So to summarize, first it's just horizon then days gone because no backlash then all PS games, and then two months later he went out and bought Nixxes. Who wants to bet he will do a 180 on the 'at launch' bit before the end of the year? You get most of your revenue on day one after all and Nixxes has a good 6 months before launch to port the game. They have experience doing day one PC ports of Tomb Raider games.

I for one have come around to liking this strategy. Should save me a lot of money on mid gen refreshes, $60 a year PSN subs and if Nvidia ever decides to stop scamming the PC userbase, I might even buy a 3080 and run everything at 2x the framerate. I just really dislike how Sony went about misleading their audience for a year. I went back and read some of the replies, and so many gaffers bought into what Herman was saying. I dont much like VFX but I remember everyone jumping on him when he said Sony will eventually port everything to PC.

You need to read the question and the answer and understand the context of what Hulst is saying.

PSB: [How does] PC fit into the worldview of PlayStation Studios moving forward?

Hermen: We’re still early on in our planning for PC. And Horizon Zero Dawn has been very successful. I think it shows there’s an appetite from gamers outside the PlayStation ecosystem to experience the amazing portfolio of games that PlayStation fans have enjoyed for years.

But I want to emphasize that PlayStation will remain the best place to play our PlayStation Studios titles at launch. But we do value PC gamers, and we’ll continue to look at the right times to launch each game. Bend Studio just released the PC version of Days Gone on May 18. So that’s about two years after the PS4 release.

And I hope that a new set of fans can and will enjoy that title. And that’s the goal — we want to reach new gamers who haven’t yet experienced the great stories, characters, and worlds that we’ve built. Releasing games on PC will not come ever at the expense of building an exciting lineup of great console games.

Hermen Hulst Q&A: What’s Next for PlayStation Studios – PlayStation.Blog

If nothing else, Hulst is emphasizing that PC versions of PS games will not be day one. I don't read that as saying every single PS game will eventually come to PC at all. Personally, I wish it did because I absolutely would love for all games to be on PC.

Top Bottom