• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: PS Store back by the end of this week for everyone except Japan, HK, and Korea

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Jesus Christ

I'm sorry but the cynic in me say "End of this Week" is the song sung by Sony too many times

Who can forget classics like:

"A Couple of Days"
"Soon"
"By the End of the Month"
"Partially Backup"
"Not this Week, nor Next, but Maybe Soon; Rumors Edition (Part I)"
"Not this Week, nor Next, but Maybe Soon; Factual Edition (Part II)"

Now the new single: "End of this Week"

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
They've only been wrong on general dates about 8 times now, so I'm not holding my breath for another "by the end of the week".

Magnus

It's fucking hilarious how close this came to E3. I remember the community at large on here distinctly joking about how it'd last a long time, but not that it would dare take this long to get the Store back, and lo and behold, here we are, days from E3.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
GraveRobberX said:
Jesus Christ

I'm sorry but the cynic in me say "End of this Week" is the song sung by Sony too many times

"A Couple of Days"
"Soon"
"Partially Backup"

Sony is using Valve Time. And we all know what that means!
Nothing, lamentably.

Oneself

I'll be happy if it goes live at the end of the week. Let's say friday. Hopefully I will be able to purchase the incredible amount of stuff we've missed in the last month.

Dreohboy

corrosivefrost said:
Don't get excited.
I'm sure it'll be re-hacked and offline within a week. :$

I only need the store up for 3 hours.

Warhawk DLC.
Uncharted 2 DLC.
Furniture and Clothes for Home.

After that, as long as I can access E3 videos in HOME I'm good with the store going back offline temporarily.

I just want to get current purchase needs taken care of.

e0hd28.jpg

Its funny because its true. Again and again and again.

GraveRobberX said:
Jesus Christ

"A Couple of Days"
"Soon"
"Partially Backup"

It's amazing what you have to say when people who don't understand the situation at all demand answers and deadline every second. They tried to stay quiet until they knew for show but that shit didn't fly either.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I see Sony is now using the Duke Nukem Forever method of completion dates. Damn it, just get it up long enough so I can get my "lol we're sorry" copies of LBP and Infamous 1.

Makoto

lunarworks said:
The press release contradicts itself.

It says we can download stuff now, but it also says by the end of the week.

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER (TM)
Yeah, WTF is with that?

This is what I was alluding to before.. might've been posted already, but if not...

http://www.1up.com/news/beginning-the-end-sony-hacker-group

That same group said on Twitter this past Friday, "We're working on another Sony operation. We've condensed all our excited tweets into this one: this is the beginning of the end for Sony." A follow-up tweet yesterday said, "#Sownage (Sony + Ownage) Phase 1 will begin within the next day. We may have a pre-game show for you folks though. Stay tuned." As of this writing, no further updates related to Sony have been posted.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
YoungHav said:
I just got laid off a week ago. Sony missed their chance, I was spending recklessly before.

Sony missed their chance when they won't fix my PS3 for free for me to continue to purchase things impulsively (okay, not so much, but...) on my PS3. >:|

IMadandBitter.jpg

I don't really have any hope that the store will be up anytime soon anymore. The best thing I can hope for is that it comes up the day of their E3 conference totally revamped. But that's not gonna happen.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So much for tomorrow.

Damn you Grace Chen. :mad:

BobTheFork said:
It's amazing what you have to say when people who don't understand the situation at all demand answers and deadline every second. They tried to stay quiet until they knew for show but that shit didn't fly either.

lol ... good point.

Lucario

Contrary to popular rumours

Fucking SERIOUSLY? Using this AGAIN?

It's not a rumor if you say that's when it'll be up, it's not a rumor if you tell devs that's when it'll be up. You are a joke Sony.

Someone in the PSN thread called this exactly when they said the 24th thing was a "popular rumor", then promised it up by the 31st. Now apparently that was a popular rumor too. >_>

Calling it right now, Saturday hits:

"Contrary to popular rumours, PSN will not be up until the end of June....."

Oppo

If they're smart... and I'm certainly not saying that... they think it'll be back on Tuesday night or Wednesday, and they are leaving padding for last minute showstoppers.

It's funny to see how carefully they have worded it... "aiming for end of May" has now turned into "WILL be back in a week".

Such a clusterfuck, one can only marvel at the extent at this point.

I still maintain that not a peep (or at best, a passing reference) will be said about the outage at their press conference.

(there is a bit of GAF effect going on, where people are confusing official statements with GAF-talk, but Sony should be considering all of this so I don't really give them a pass on that)

Top Bottom