• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: PS Store back by the end of this week for everyone except Japan, HK, and Korea

jackdoe

glaurung said:
Impossible is nothing.

No, I was just elaborating on a very realistic technical snafu that is highly likely to happen. Different departments within the giant mill that is Sony function at varying levels of speed, meaning that decisions made and approved in one part of the company might not make it out the pipeline on the other side.
No. I seriously doubt it will happen. The welcome back package is going to be made available "shortly after" the store comes back. And even if it does happen, Sony will rectify the situation by extending the deadline. Which makes your imagined scenario pretty much impossible.

Dries

jackdoe said:
No. I seriously doubt it will happen. The welcome back package is going to be made available "shortly after" the store comes back. And even if it does happen, Sony will rectify the situation by extending the deadline. Which makes your imagined scenario pretty much impossible.

''Shortly after''... Are we talking about days or weeks? :-/

Mik2121

Really? Sony fucking excluding their home country a-fucking-gain? Seriously, this is just laughable. I could understand the first delay because the government wanted to see the security measures and whatever bullshit. But what's the deal with the delay this time?

Seriously, sometimes this company makes me shake my head....

Hanmik

From the Danish site: www.gamereactor.dk they have some twitter like status-thing on their page. You can make status-announcments via mobile phones.. the cheif Editor "Lee West", just wrote this:

Sony siger: Samtlige af PlayStation Networks tjenester er oppe d. 5. juni også i DK

translated:

Sony confirms: All Playstation network services are back on the 5th. of June, also in Denmark

wNqMF.jpg

Hanmik said:
From the Danish site: www.gamereactor.dk they have some twitter like status-thing on their page. You can make status-announcments via mobile phones.. the cheif Editor "Lee West", just wrote this:

Sony siger: Samtlige af PlayStation Networks tjenester er oppe d. 5. juni også i DK

translated:

Sony confirms: All Playstation network services are back on the 5th. of June, also in Denmark

I think thats just what the pr bit was saying by the end of the week which is the 5th.

Wow. The 5th. The timing couldn't possibly be worse. There is going to be a tremendous, tremendous assault on the servers that day. From both users and abusers.

Wolves Evolve said:
Wow. The 5th. The timing couldn't possibly be worse. There is going to be a tremendous, tremendous assault on the servers that day. From both users and abusers.

But surely that would happen whenever they brought them back up?.

Hanmik

supermackem said:
I think thats just what the pr bit was saying by the end of the week which is the 5th.

nope.. because in another thread about PSN he wrote this:

Bcs0f.jpg

translated that is:

Evidence suggests that it is true this time, at least according to some conversations with Sony yesterday

Benjamin1981 said:
June 5th, you have to be kidding me. I want to access my paid content. Been without it for six weeks now.

They said by the end of the week which is the 5th, so it could come up tomorrow or any day leading upto the end of the week.

mclem

ghostmind said:
Which store will be out first - PSN or 3DS? The race is on!

I think PSN will just squeak it, but it really shouldn't be this close. And, of course, PSN will still be excluding some regions, whereas 3DS - if it hits its schedule - will be worldwide.

Hanmik said:
nope.. because in another thread about PSN he wrote this:

Bcs0f.jpg

translated that is:

Evidence suggests that it is true this time, at least according to some conversations with Sony yesterday

Erm they have already said its by the end of the week which is the 5th. They have not given a date yet so it could be any day all the way upto sunday which is the 5th. Seems that person is missing the one word out of it by, is there a danish word for by?.

I say it'd be better if everyone just went around saying PSN will be back up eventually.

It has to be at least inevitable right? Doesn't matter if it takes a few days, a month, the rest of our natural lives, eventually the service will be restored.

supermackem said:
They said by the end of the week which is the 5th, so it could come up tomorrow or any day leading upto the end of the week.

Yeah i know, but none the less every day added to the downtime is bothering me more and more. I got a replacement PS3 the day before the network went down and since then i was not able to download my content i bought from the store.What bothers me even more that some of my saves don't work without the DLC. I want to play Assassins Creed Brotherhood but i won't let me without the DLC from store. And starting of all over again is not an option.

Hanmik

supermackem said:
Erm they have already said its by the end of the week which is the 5th. They have not given a date yet so it could be any day all the way upto sunday which is the 5th. Seems that person is missing the one word out of it by, is there a danish word for by?.

yeah you probably are right.. it could be (and probably also is) confirmation of the vague date mentioned in the blog (end of the week).. but that would mean he is talking about the US blog, because nothing was up on the EU blog around the time he mentioned it. Denmark is part of Europe.. ;o) and he mentioned he had some conversations with sony.. just wait a whil will ask him.. if it is by the 5th. or on the 5th..

Hanmik

supermackem said:

as usual you were right on the money.. he talked to Sony yesterday and they told him everything will be back online BY the 5th. of June..

sadaiyappan

How do you get the free games? I have a US PS3 with a US account but I can't access the Indian store from India and I was never sent an e-mail and never given any kind of welcome page offering free games.

Has anyone figured out what the bit in the PR about being able to buy content on the website? Or do we have to just wait for the 5th? I'm sitting on a bunch of codes I want to redeem.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/01/important-playstation-network-maintenance-today/

Starting soon, the PlayStation Network will be inaccessible for several hours for maintenance. The server maintenance performed at this time represents a crucial step in the full restoration for PSN, including the PlayStation Store.

During this maintenance period, users will be unable to sign in to PSN, though those that are already logged in should be able to remain online.

Resumption of full PlayStation Network service is still on track for this week in most regions.

Thank you once again for your patience as we work to return PSN to the highest level of service.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Kagari said:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/01/important-playstation-network-maintenance-today/

Starting soon, the PlayStation Network will be inaccessible for several hours for maintenance. The server maintenance performed at this time represents a crucial step in the full restoration for PSN, including the PlayStation Store.

During this maintenance period, users will be unable to sign in to PSN, though those that are already logged in should be able to remain online.

Resumption of full PlayStation Network service is still on track for this week in most regions.

Thank you once again for your patience as we work to return PSN to the highest level of service.

Man, I was so close on my June 6 prediction....

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Kagari said:
Watch it go up tomorrow lol

Well, according to Wario's list no one has June 1-5, so it's like "The Price Is Right". I win because it went over the other guesses.

So logically.

Icalledit.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
DrForester said:
Well, according to Wario's list no one has June 1-5, so it's like "The Price Is Right". I win because it went over the other guesses.

So logically.

Icalledit.gif
Wouldn't you be the one who went over?

If somebody had May 31 and you had June 6 and it came back June 5, Price is Right rules would have the guy who picked May 31 winning. Or, to put it in other words, May 31 is 151 days into the year, June 6 is the 157th day. If services came back on the 156th day, the 151 day guess would be the closest without going over.

...Why am I arguing this seriously?

DrForester said:

So logically.

Icalledit.gif
You should make a special gif just for your win proving your prediction prowess.

Oneself

PSN store going up before this week-end, before E3 etc. I fear it might crash. Hopefully I'll have the time to download the stuff I want before that ;)

okenny

Banned
Hanmik said:
as usual you were right on the money.. he talked to Sony yesterday and they told him everything will be back online BY the 5th. of June..

Isn't saying "by" painting Sony into the corner? Unless there's a secret trapdoor in that corner, a slip in this deadline could prove more damaging the the previous ones.

Top Bottom