• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PlayStation |OT| All Things PlayStation, No Limits

Kerotan

Have you done the disney classics collection? That was a quick one as they let you just skip levels (I went back and played as it's 2 great games)
I couldn't bring my self to having those on my trophy list and in fairness I may plat some easy games but I still enjoy them.

Going for the vice city plat next so back to respectability again. I've done the hardest trophies first aka, criminal mastermind rank, 100 packages and level 12 on the paramedic so it should be an enjoyable ride compared to my gta 3 plat experience.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I couldn't bring my self to having those on my trophy list and in fairness I may plat some easy games but I still enjoy them.

Going for the vice city plat next so back to respectability again. I've done the hardest trophies first aka, criminal mastermind rank, 100 packages and level 12 on the paramedic so it should be an enjoyable ride compared to my gta 3 plat experience.
I have vice city waiting. Probably will wait till after I finish avengers and destroy all humans 2 though

They're actually really fun platformers though and cheap

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Idk if this is the thread for it, but I scored a gift card from work and went ahead and secured myself a CIB copy of FF7 and RE2 CIB

I can't help it, I'm re-building my PS1 collection one disc at a time here. Overpriced or not. GOAT console.

Tschumi

Can anyway give me some definitive advice re: playing PS2 with component>hdmi? I don't know if it's my tv (a Japanese Sharp) or if I'm missing something, but it doesn't get recognised.. works when i do composite>hdmi converter, just not component.. what modern TVs work for this? It's there a work around?

Also, can i stop my tv from automatically changing its resolution/zooming unnecessarily while my PS2 is running? If i open the tv menu it stays at the right resolution, looks fantastic v_v but as soon as i close the menu (a giant border around the screen) it becomes a letterbox view, which changes aspect ratio and zoom level seemingly at will... Awful...

diffusionx

Gold Member
Idk if this is the thread for it, but I scored a gift card from work and went ahead and secured myself a CIB copy of FF7 and RE2 CIB

I can't help it, I'm re-building my PS1 collection one disc at a time here. Overpriced or not. GOAT console.

Pretty based tbh

I bought a bunch of PSP games last year. I have a hacked PSP and a huge library of ISOs, but I dunno, I like the form factor, UMD is pure SOUL, and the games came with manuals. Plus, they're cheap... for now. Except for Persona 3.

teezzy

Banned
Pretty based tbh

I bought a bunch of PSP games last year. I have a hacked PSP and a huge library of ISOs, but I dunno, I like the form factor, UMD is pure SOUL, and the games came with manuals. Plus, they're cheap... for now. Except for Persona 3.

Only psp game I physically still own is Persona 2 CE with the box and everything. I should slap it up on ebay. I hear the smt games are going nuts in price lately

Bryank75

Banned
Sacred Symbols the last few weeks has been really terrible, Chris seems somehow shill for Xbox in every episode now and Colin is too reserved and kind to just call him out or point out the reality except in maybe 1 out of every 5 cases.

ClaraCraighead

Neo Member
Will the original games run on ps4? is ps4 also backwards compatible with ps1 games? ps4 gaming will always be better?

seriously considering selling my ps3 now i feel just as disappointed with ps4 as i did with ps3

Grinchy

Banned
Damn boys, I'm starting to really feel that PS5 hype. Having the system, Demon's Souls, the headset, and COD paid off is making it feel very real.

Now I'm even starting to get into that launch splurge hype. The newer Godfall gameplay video looked way better, Destruction All-Stars has always seemed tempting (though I need to see more), and hell, even Spiderman is starting to look good to me. Not being very far into the PS4 version makes the remastered one pretty tempting.

Airbus Jr

Banned
My thread awhile ago about microsoft statement saying theyre friends with sony and nintendo now because theyre competing with google and amazon were closed and i was banned for 16 days..a thread about friendship was closed for promoting console warring?

That Night Ninja xbox pizza mod is doing this again?

Last edited:

drganon

I was bored, so I tried out the internet browser on my ps4 for the first time. YouTube works alot better on it than the crappy app on my roku.

Tschumi

Little help? I installed persona 5 on my ps4 pro via disc, then purchased/downloaded it online on sale so i wouldn't need the disc.. now i have two distinct 20.~gb files on my storage device.. can i delete one? Which?

Edit: nvm,i noticed one had a disc icon on it, so i guess that was the one i could hoik

Last edited by a moderator:

DonJimbo

Are yu in for launch or are you waiting a bit?
I will wait till march next year I hope it's then highly available and I snag one that time like I did with the PS4 in 2014 maybe there will be some attractive bundles released(PS4 triple pack I mean you please Sony do it again) till then I will play on my PS4 Pro

GonSama

Since I already did this, why not share it here?

Sony exclusives this gen (game - metascore):

Action/Adventure
  • The Last of Us Part II -- 94
  • God of War -- 94
  • Uncharted 4 -- 93
  • Shadow of the Colossus -- 91
  • Horizon Zero Dawn -- 89
  • Marvel's Spider-Man -- 87
  • Marvel's Spider-Man Miles Morales -- 85
  • Uncharted : The Lost Legacy -- 84
  • Ghost of Tsushima -- 83
  • Death Stranding -- 82
  • The Last Guardian -- 82
  • Gravity Rush 2 -- 80
  • inFAMOUS: Second Son -- 80
  • Judgement -- 80
  • Detroit : Become Human -- 78
  • Concrete Genie -- 75
  • InFAMOUS First Light -- 73
  • Days Gone -- 71
  • Medievil -- 67
  • The Order: 1886 -- 63

Platforms
  • Ratchet & Clank -- 85
  • Tearaway Unfolded -- 81
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure -- 80
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 -- 79

RPG & ActionRPG

• Persona 5: The Royal -- 95
  • Bloodborne -- 92
  • Nioh -- 88
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake -- 87
  • Nioh 2 -- 85
  • Pyre -- 85
  • Ni No Kuni II -- 84
  • Tales of Berseria -- 79

Shooters / Shoot 'em up
  • Nex Machina --- 88
  • Resogun -- 84
  • Helldivers -- 81
  • Alienation -- 79
  • Killzone : Shadow Fall -- 73
  • Matterfall -- 72

Fighting
  • Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 -- 86
  • Street Fighter V Champion Edition -- 82
  • The King of Fighters XIV -- 79
  • Fire Pro Wrestling World -- 79
  • Granblue Fantasy Versus -- 78

Racing
  • Gran Turismo Sport -- 75
  • Driveclub -- 71

Horror
  • Until Dawn -- 79

Simulator

• Dreams -- 89

Sports
  • MLB The Show (14,15,16,17,18,19,20) -- ~83 (average)
  • Everybody's Golf -- 78

Remasters
  • The Last of Us Remastered -- 95
  • Journey -- 92
  • Zero Escape: The Nonary Games -- 87
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir -- 87
  • Uncharted : The Nathan Drake Collection -- 86
  • WipEout Omega Collection -- 85
  • God of War 3 Remaster -- 81
  • Gravity Rush Remastered -- 80
  • Dragon's Crown Pro -- 80
  • LocoRoco 2 Remastered -- 79

And PS5 started with Demon's Souls (92) and Astro's Playroom (83).
The future looks bright.

Last edited:
aTQWNSv.jpg
MT7Jd9j.jpg
These were some PlayStation pieces I recently made on canvas

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Holy crap guys WHY WAS SACKBOY NOT A BIGGER DEAL! I just finished platinuming it and it's one of the greatest platformers of all time! The levels have such variety, it's kid friendly but also challenging as hell if you wanna collect everything, the way they use MUSIC is masterful! There are so many levels I found myself just hopping along with the soundtrack and timing it to my jumps. They have these hilarious running gags as you go through the levels. it's a beautiful vibrant world. Co-op is fun as hell!

I feel like Sony just brushed over this and promoted Spidey instead and I really wish this had been given its own window to shine and more advertising. This game is a damn masterpiece. They did this with Puppeteer too but this game is more masterful whereas that was charming and very good. This is a crime that this isn't a 10m+ seller

AceofJakes

Is it safe to assume ratchet has moved out of “launch window” into “probably some time this summer?”
Oh yeah without a doubt. With returnal being pushed I think they'll have pushed all other games back as well. I still think horizon will hit holidays but GOW is definitely next year now.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I think Horizon is a safe bet for the holiday season. It had to have been in development for nearly three years at this point right?

NahaNago

I think Horizon is a safe bet for the holiday season. It had to have been in development for nearly three years at this point right?
probably a holiday game I'm guessing with God of War being pushed to early next year. Hope I'm wrong with both games releasing this year.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Holy crap guys WHY WAS SACKBOY NOT A BIGGER DEAL! I just finished platinuming it and it's one of the greatest platformers of all time! The levels have such variety, it's kid friendly but also challenging as hell if you wanna collect everything, the way they use MUSIC is masterful! There are so many levels I found myself just hopping along with the soundtrack and timing it to my jumps. They have these hilarious running gags as you go through the levels. it's a beautiful vibrant world. Co-op is fun as hell!

I feel like Sony just brushed over this and promoted Spidey instead and I really wish this had been given its own window to shine and more advertising. This game is a damn masterpiece. They did this with Puppeteer too but this game is more masterful whereas that was charming and very good. This is a crime that this isn't a 10m+ seller
Yeah, I got it for my kid. Just beat Crash Trilogy and tried out Sackboy and it's incredible..I dunno what is wrong with reviewers these days. It's on Marios level.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Yeah, I got it for my kid. Just beat Crash Trilogy and tried out Sackboy and it's incredible..I dunno what is wrong with reviewers these days. It's on Marios level.
I believe a lot of it is that 30 something or older reviewers didn't grow up with sackboy and other than the first game Sony doesn't seem to push the franchise as much as they could and should

Celcius

°Temp. member
I finally got around to upgrading the storage in my PS3 slim from a 320gb hdd to a 500gb Samsung 870 evo ssd. The hdd always did make the occasional strange sound even from new so I’m glad to finally replace it, in addition to the speed benefits.

I also signed up for a month of ps plus just to backup all my save data (including the copy protected data) to the cloud. Do ps plus discounts apply to any PS3 games on the ps store? Or only newer stuff?

I also wish Sony would better support the DualShock 4 and dual sense on ps3, as I hear that genuine DualShock 3’s are getting tough to find. Fortunately I have 2 that are still in good shape though.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
One more update - ended up buying GTA V and also ordered a used Sony memory card adapter so that I’ll be able to transfer my ps1 memory card over to my PS3 (been wanting to do it for years). Having a fun trip down memory lane this weekend. I had forgotten how slow updates are though… that and downloads from the store in general.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Has anyone tried Wytchwood? I am in the mood for a Stardew Valley type game but something feels off about this one when I watch videos of gameplay.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The DualSense is a great controller but one area where it disappoints me a little is the dpad. The clear plastic is thicker and slicker than the dualshock controllers and I find it rougher pulling off circular & diagonal type motions in fighting games than using dualshock controllers. I'll continue to use Dualshock 4's on PC and will just use DualSense's on PS5.

One more update - ended up buying GTA V and also ordered a used Sony memory card adapter so that I’ll be able to transfer my ps1 memory card over to my PS3 (been wanting to do it for years). Having a fun trip down memory lane this weekend. I had forgotten how slow updates are though… that and downloads from the store in general.
7:30 PM: I start downloading Ultra Street Fighter IV

22:36: I am mindlessly looking at the download at 36%

23:57 42%

(iknowitsnotsonysfaultofcourse)

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Heh. I remember downloading games on my PS3. I used to start them in the morning, go work out, shower, eat, take the dog for a walk, go shopping with my GF, come back: 47% complete.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Does anyone happen to know if Heavenly Sword is available digitally on the ps store and if so, for how much these days?
edit: It was not.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Made an effort of counting my collection of games across all PS systems I own. 274 physical. 49 digital. I'm also thinking about hooking my PS3 up again. I tinkered with it because I needed to buy RE Director's Cut and I felt a warm fuzzy feeling for the console again. PS5 is also lacking in PS3 and PS1 support so it would be nice to have the option again. It's also compatible with the Dualsense, which is awesome because I hate the Dualshock 3. It's too small (great battery life though).

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

Repurchased Titanfall 2 off amazon for £10. Wanna keep a physical version of it. One of the most underrated games ever, crushed, sadly, by EA's own stupidity.

Mr Hyde

Hooked up my PS3 again. Now I have 4 functional generations of Playstation. 1, 3, 4 & 5. It's too bad I don't own the PS2 back compatible PS3, that would have been awesome.

Took awhile to get things up to speed. I've been downloading all PS classics again and I will buy the remaining games off the store as soon as I get some money. Sony has begone delisting games from the store. Alundra and Loaded are not available anymore as well as a couple of other games. Pretty shitty if you ask me but what are you gonna do? That's just how Sony roll these days.

Mr Hyde

Trying to re download as many games as I can right now. There are so many games delisted from the store so I'm afraid I won't be able to access them once Sony closes shop. Trying to acquire all PS One classics and PS2 classics that's left available. And the PS3 is not really the fastest console. I'm starting to regret I pulled the plug on the PS3 and packed it up. Lots of good games in here.

Mr Hyde

Snagged these beauty's in a recent game pickup. All of them are from some of my favorite developers. Atlus. Tango. Tri-Ace. Square Enix. Vanillaware. They always being forth good stuff. It'll be interesting to see if my opinion on FF X had changed. Didn't like it at all when I played it on PS2 at release but it's damn near 20 years ago. Let's give it a new shot!

OUZyT8s.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Finally got this. 20 years in the making. Loved the first game on PS2 (and subsequently PS4, since I wanted to platinum it). Big ups to Microsoft and Double Fine for putting out this beautiful edition for PS4. It's called the Motherlobe Edition and comes with stickers, art card, sleeves and behind the scenes goodies.

7ROYlMO.jpg

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Anyone subscribed the Playstation Stars thingy?

I swear to god, I don't get that music achievement that they are trying people to do.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Anyone subscribed the Playstation Stars thingy?

I swear to god, I don't get that music achievement that they are trying people to do.
Just looked at the answers on 'net and the only one that makes sense to my pea brain is More Human Than Human.

Top Bottom