• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PlayStation |OT| All Things PlayStation, No Limits

Sinthor

Gold Member

I have to agree. Seems unlikely Sony would go that high in price. Then again, it seems incredible that either the PS5 or XSX could be LESS than $600 sometimes given the capabilities. Plus, this year is just damn strange, so it feels like just about ANYTHING could happen. I'm still going to stick with thinking that the BD disk endowed PS5 will be $499 and disk-less will be $399. We shall see.

Sinthor

Gold Member
I actually have the digital for midnight launch and a limited edition just to keep and not use but won't get it till Friday.

It's been a long road from being outraged by leaks and saying I might not play it to here....

Same here. I'm now at a state of being quietly hopeful? That ND wouldn't do all that the leaks claimed? We shall see. At least from a technical perspective right now the game appears to be a masterpiece. We shall see....

Bryank75

Banned
Same here. I'm now at a state of being quietly hopeful? That ND wouldn't do all that the leaks claimed? We shall see. At least from a technical perspective right now the game appears to be a masterpiece. We shall see....
I can come to terms with things if it is told in a way that makes sense....
I expected some of the things from leaks long before but it was still very hard to hear.

Sinthor

Gold Member
I can come to terms with things if it is told in a way that makes sense....
I expected some of the things from leaks long before but it was still very hard to hear.

Yeah, me too. Like you said, you kind of KNOW at least a few things will happen. Makes sense in that world even. I don't LIKE it, but ok. I'm seeing spoiler free reviews right now though that still concern me greatly. Bottom line though, I'll play it and probably play it all the way through. I don't expect it to be magic like the first one. TLOU was the very first game I ever played that actually made me feel emotion and really get into the story like a good book or movie. It was incredible. So I was fine when they had announced way back then, that the game was a one-off and never meant for a sequel. Fine with me! So with a sequel, I still don't expect it to hit the same high bar. Just don't insult my intelligence, that's all I ask. We'll see! :)

Bryank75

Banned
Yeah, me too. Like you said, you kind of KNOW at least a few things will happen. Makes sense in that world even. I don't LIKE it, but ok. I'm seeing spoiler free reviews right now though that still concern me greatly. Bottom line though, I'll play it and probably play it all the way through. I don't expect it to be magic like the first one. TLOU was the very first game I ever played that actually made me feel emotion and really get into the story like a good book or movie. It was incredible. So I was fine when they had announced way back then, that the game was a one-off and never meant for a sequel. Fine with me! So with a sequel, I still don't expect it to hit the same high bar. Just don't insult my intelligence, that's all I ask. We'll see! :)
Yes, the worst thing is to use something so beloved as some hamfisted attempt to send a political message or something like that. But I like to support PlayStation studios and artists should be allowed express themselves too.... so I try not to hate too much.

husomc

Would Love to hear your thoughts when your done. That goes for you to Bo :messenger_beaming:
Yea we need true reviews from you guys. I might have to finally finish LoU on the PS4. Started playing it on the ps3 before my system broke down close to the finish of the game. Time to boot up the game on the Ps4 :messenger_grinning_squinting: . Too much violence means the times when I can play is limited with kids running around.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Yea we need true reviews from you guys. I might have to finally finish LoU on the PS4. Started playing it on the ps3 before my system broke down close to the finish of the game. Time to boot up the game on the Ps4 :messenger_grinning_squinting: . Too much violence means the times when I can play is limited with kids running around.

I'll do a review for sure. This thread even looks like that would be ok to do here, so good deal. I have seen already that TLOU2 is EXTREMELY violent. Moreso than the first one, so yeah, probably something to be careful of around the kiddies. Not to mention the themes that I expect at best to be VERY adult. I'm looking forward to it though. I think it all unlocks at 12AM EST time at least here in the US, so that means 9PM my time. Will have at least some time to play it tomorrow night and I'm not working Monday so I have a long weekend to dive in.

xacto

There's this reviewer, SkillUp, usually does a pretty good job, who couldn't help to notice that gameplay seems a bit dated by today's standards in TLoU 2. Praised everything else though.

I will definitely have to play this game for myself, no matter the gameplay; I loved the first one and even though I got spoiled with the second game and I know things will happen in there which I don't like, I will still go in for the story. It's a story they had to tell, and it's THEIR story, so I accept that.

Last edited:

xacto

Only eleven-ish hours left!

keI0uhG.png

Couple hours to go here in the UK. Got given day off tomorrow as well. So I will be playing all weekend. Debating to play on grounded of the bat.I really want to.

Couple hours to go here in the UK. Got given day off tomorrow as well. So I will be playing all weekend. Debating to play on grounded of the bat.I really want to.

I am at my girlfriends flat for another week. So I can't binge play it anyways. But tomorrow morning I'll go with her and the dog, then I'll sign in for work ( Homeoffice ) and fire up the game. Really - really - really looking forward to it. So another 10 Hours for me until I can get into it.

Dude is the best:

Last edited:
I am at my girlfriends flat for another week. So I can't binge play it anyways. But tomorrow morning I'll go with her and the dog, then I'll sign in for work ( Homeoffice ) and fire up the game. Really - really - really looking forward to it. So another 10 Hours for me until I can get into it.

Dude is the best:

Damn......duck & dodge them spoilers bro. WFH ain't so bad. As long as you don't get bombarded with 20+ emails & messages. There was a day I wanted to finish ratchet & clank. Booted it up but got hit with the emails & messages all over the place. Had to shut down the PS. Hope you avoid that shit tomorow.

The person behind that twitter profile. Is top quality banta.

Last edited:

xacto

Oh man. This game is harsh. I got thru the first bit at least, gotta go to sleep for now. Just wow. This is a beautiful game, but very jarring.

I will wait to play it on PS5, I am not going to watch ANY streams of it, damn it, it will be hard but I can do it.

Sinthor

Gold Member

Yeah, I'm about to get back into it for a while today. Game is truly stunning from the technical and graphics perspective. Seriously beautiful like I stood around looking at things in several different places. Just the first few hours of the game are like that, but also just BRUTAL. I'm not sure how I feel at this point, other than angry. We'll see how it goes. Otherwise the game definitely seems like an evolution of the first. Combat and other mechanics are either the same or similar with some evolutions thrown in.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
So?! HOW IS IT?! ARE YOU KILLING THEM ALL?!

xvoA219.gif

Wonderful game! Insane! Played like 6 hours so far, having a complete blast. Chose the Survivor difficulty and it's harder than real life to get bullets and resources which is ridiculous, changed the resources to moderate difficulty which makes way more sense. Imagine playing through barely using guns, even against armed enemies, then killing up to 5-6 armed enemies and you don't get a single bullet out of them! Before changing the difficulty down to moderate for resources I had many guns and didn't use any and killed a lot with a knife or bare-handed!

So yes, that's not realistic, that's trolling. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Minor problem is it's not giving me surround 7.1/5.1 channel sound, only 2.0 channel although I'm using PS4-certified Astro A40 with the mixer through optical audio. The gore is serious, and I like it, won't spoil even the simplest things, and don't waste your time as you're missing a lot of fun!

Sinthor

Gold Member
Wonderful game! Insane! Played like 6 hours so far, having a complete blast. Chose the Survivor difficulty and it's harder than real life to get bullets and resources which is ridiculous, changed the resources to moderate difficulty which makes way more sense. Imagine playing through barely using guns, even against armed enemies, then killing up to 5-6 armed enemies and you don't get a single bullet out of them! Before changing the difficulty down to moderate for resources I had many guns and didn't use any and killed a lot with a knife or bare-handed!

So yes, that's not realistic, that's trolling. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Minor problem is it's not giving me surround 7.1/5.1 channel sound, only 2.0 channel although I'm using PS4-certified Astro A40 with the mixer through optical audio. The gore is serious, and I like it, won't spoil even the simplest things, and don't waste your time as you're missing a lot of fun!

I just want to say right now...being fairly close to halfway thru the game (I suspect). I HATE SEATTLE! ;)

Bo_Hazem

Banned
So guys, when do you guys think Sony is going to start developing a sequel to the TLoU, it's been 7 years already.

I think they've already made their message clear, TLOU3 should get new protagonists, that's my guess, and make it some kinda trend like Assassin's Creed?

briansDog

Neo Member
I wanted to ask about the landscape of streaming on the ps4, but if you'd like to opine on the ps5 as well that's fine too. My ps4 died after I got to play R&C, Uncharted 4. So I'm definitely getting a ps5 anyway to play the exclusives I missed. Can ps4/ps5 replace a roku for all the major stuff? Was there anything you really wanted to stream but couldn't because the service was unavailable on ps4? What do you think of this ps5 remote shown in the first presentation, will Sony show they are trying to also be full roku replacement with the ps5?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I wanted to ask about the landscape of streaming on the ps4, but if you'd like to opine on the ps5 as well that's fine too. My ps4 died after I got to play R&C, Uncharted 4. So I'm definitely getting a ps5 anyway to play the exclusives I missed. Can ps4/ps5 replace a roku for all the major stuff? Was there anything you really wanted to stream but couldn't because the service was unavailable on ps4? What do you think of this ps5 remote shown in the first presentation, will Sony show they are trying to also be full roku replacement with the ps5?
The slim works easy with apps, but the pro seems to shit itself when I watch vrv. So it might be a toss up on the ps5 honestly.

Depends on your preferences probably and your setup.
I have an old Samsung HDTV with no smart apps. So I am using a Fire TV Stick for streaming Netflix mostly, sometimes watching youtube and on occaisons using Amazon Video.
And I'm not watching anything else no free-tv cable television. Modern TVs have smart apps so I wouldn't even need the firetv-stick probably.
Using my PS4Pro only for gaming and once in a while for a blu ray movie.
Will probably be the same with PS5.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

I think it's an early question, but that remote actually suggests more focus in entertainment as well. We only need to wait and see.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
The slim works easy with apps, but the pro seems to shit itself when I watch vrv. So it might be a toss up on the ps5 honestly.

You guys live in warm rooms or keep the PS4 in tight spaces? My PS4 Pro is very quiet, and OG PS4 was dead silent, but I tend to give them enough space for air flow, and usually ac is on and room is usually kept around 25-23C. And seen PS4's here that are abused in amusement shops extremely dusty yet all of them are very silent. I'm not sure if Sony is making productions lines for specific regions, but it could be.

I finished TLOU2 4 hour ago....8/10. Usually great production ,value is high.They spent a lot of money it shows All the dark environments were fire, the rain, reflections, glass & phenomenal water effects ,great physics with some breakable environments. The animations are good. Not the best. From Software & DMC5 team will always take this crown(Mostly FromSoft). They make anime fighting into AAA game.Thats crazy high level animation.

Good game ,good game. Playing on Survivor mode was a mistake to play on. Everything took longer then it should of been. Im talking proper time wasting camping ,planning attack traps ,on 1 bar life ,a bottle ,8 bullets across 4 weapons & minimum 10 enemies to kill.. But I done ,it completed the game. And no trophy for it.Slightly annoyed & feel I wasted gaming time for no merit. Playing survivor its more metal gear.And this game is not MGS.This is also the first time I have seen a game let you adjust item resources ,enemies level, and multiple other options to make the game easier. I guess thats for the accessibility & casual gamer players. Thats a good look ,very nice touch.

Good game ,but Its a bit of a drag just like uncharted 4, & Days gone as you got near the end. Game goes on too long. Felt like they were trying to meet the 35 hour quota with filler & unneeded padding. The pacing just becomes annoying & disinterested me at times & turned off the PS then. It just becomes a drag. Its like you finish a tense ,suspense ordeal & then a 1 more thing to do ,1 more thing to do. Its like your killing the whole ride. You already gave us the heart pacing ride.Then you add extra crap just dampens it all and the disinterest kicks in. You end up saying let me just get out of this area quickly. I just preferred they moved the plot point on. Instead of this 1 more thing filler trips.

I don't know how to put this. Maybe there's another way to say this I just don't think its a fun game. Good game but not fun imo. Its a different play element I don't have the words to describe it yet. You just play through it all like a tv series. Im sure the multiplayer will be fun. The game path is one way ,its all a one way street. I don't want to go back & play it until the multiplayer is out or the PS5 boosted mode just to see it on my 4KTV. The game is too long & has one path play through. Compare it to Sekiro which is a fun game. Not a story/movie/tv series hybrid but fun game. A lot of fun. It has 3 different endings, With requisite that have to be met to get those endings.You can miss out on at least 2 endings, you can miss out on boss fights that power you up. Miss out on items, weapons ,magic ,money ,lore. And to get any one of those endings you need to replay the game. But because it is not a one path play through you can replay & bypass sections ,skip this boss ,skip that boss ,skip area's & speed run it. The game mechanics & combat are so good.You just easily play it again. Compare it to spending time in a basement/section with clickers & meth head zombies. << And thats a straight pass for me because its tied to that one path play through and parts of that chapter.

Anyway Enough ranting. On to my anticipated game. Ghost of Tsushima. Only 3 weeks left.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You guys live in warm rooms or keep the PS4 in tight spaces? My PS4 Pro is very quiet, and OG PS4 was dead silent, but I tend to give them enough space for air flow, and usually ac is on and room is usually kept around 25-23C. And seen PS4's here that are abused in amusement shops extremely dusty yet all of them are very silent. I'm not sure if Sony is making productions lines for specific regions, but it could be.
Room is 71 degrees and the ps4 sits on glass. Launch pro's have been reported being loud yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Heard about that, and got the second revision myself in November 2016. Actually most of the official day one release here of the pro are the second revision.

I saw some videos of people's Pro's running super loud. I have mine (launch ed.) in a cabinet with an exhaust fan. It has never been loud. I think some people got unlucky with components from some certain production run.

Bryank75

Banned
I use my pro for Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime sometimes and I also have a load of films bought through the PS Store that I watch fairly often. It all works quite well, maybe an app might fail once in a few weeks, usually due to an update I hadn't seen or something like that. Never had serious issues.

Bryank75

Banned
Sony now has nearly 31 Billion in cash on hand.

Big Acquisitions
Zenimax 2.5 - 3.5 Billion
Leyou Technologies 1.3 Billion
Capcom 4 Billion
Bungie 1 Billion (estimated)

Studio Level Acquisitions
Platinum
Larian (Divinity / Baldurs gate)
Kojima
Remedy 300 Million
Asobo Studio (Plague)
Housemarque