• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PlayStation |OT| All Things PlayStation, No Limits

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
giphy.gif

sircaw

Banned
Hey that is Master Obi-Wan Kenobi you are speaking be respectful boi
joking aside I love the prequels and even jar jar was meager compared to insufferable Kylo hissy fits

I remember watching Return of the jedi at my friends 10th birthday party, it was like 1984 or something like that. The kids were like screaming how damn good the movie was and behind us were our parents watching it to. The scene were Luke throws the rock at the switch and it kills that massive monster with the metal gate. The house erupted, people were like cheering and going crazy.

I have always had fond memories of Starwars.

Then,I recently saw the latest Star war films, i felt like crying.

sircaw

Banned

Closest to equivalent PC and price

X-570 motherboard: 190 Euro
GTX 2070 Super: 540 Euro
Ryzen 2600: 175 Euro
16GB DDR4 : 80 Euro
Nice Rig case: 190 Euro
NVME SSD 4.0: 189 Euro

Total: 1264 Euro (Without monitor, inputs, power supply, speakers / headphones etc)

Wichard explains PC SSD will not reach PS5 speeds for the foreseeable future, so the SSD is the best one I could find.

It really shows you the amazing value of consoles.

Sinthor

Gold Member
I remember watching Return of the jedi at my friends 10th birthday party, it was like 1984 or something like that. The kids were like screaming how damn good the movie was and behind us were our parents watching it to. The scene were Luke throws the rock at the switch and it kills that massive monster with the metal gate. The house erupted, people were like cheering and going crazy.

Ah yes. They killed the franchise for me with "The Last Jedi" and then this latest one.....ugh. I can't even........

husomc

£ 399 is actually my limit and if it is this i will buy. I can not justify going over that unfortunately.
I hope that the full digital one is that price, if its not that ok i can wait.
I have 20 games i have not completed on my ps4 pro and i still love the machine.

But yer if its £500 i under stand why.
You can always do a Crowdfunding session and finance your console purchase.

husomc

I cant stand this dude at times. He's too, how do I say, bought. He will say anything positive for a sponsor or ad and I just am not a fan.
I started watching this video thinking that he actually had a PS5 console with him. Fake thumbnails like that on youtube should be a bannable offense.

And they will have no really great games anyway. Well, far less.... still waiting a year for Rockstar etc.

Are you referring to PCs?
PCs have lots of good games in terms of story and/or gameplay. However not neccessarily in terms of Graphics. Theres lots of intersting Indy stuff. You can get games a really low prices.
My friends and I are calling ourselfs the "Grasshoppers of Gaming" though. We buy and play lots of different games however we also finish/drop those quite fast.

I am using my Playstation System for all those big hitters mostly, like HZD, Death Stranding, Spiderman and such. And I've got not issue buying a consolse mainly for these games and VR because of their gameplay,story and presentation.

Bryank75

Banned
Are you referring to PCs?
PCs have lots of good games in terms of story and/or gameplay. However not neccessarily in terms of Graphics. Theres lots of intersting Indy stuff. You can get games a really low prices.
My friends and I are calling ourselfs the "Grasshoppers of Gaming" though. We buy and play lots of different games however we also finish/drop those quite fast.

I am using my Playstation System for all those big hitters mostly, like HZD, Death Stranding, Spiderman and such. And I've got not issue buying a consolse mainly for these games and VR because of their gameplay,story and presentation.
Yes, I am too rough on PC to be honest. I used to game on PC and Ioved C&C, Ground Control, Operation Flashpoint, Homeworld and Jagged Alliance but I just fell out of it....

They stopped making all those kind of games. But PC is a great place for playing shooters and indies, no doubt.... as you said. Maybe one day I will try and get back into it seriously but right now I just don't have the time.

Kusarigama

I am impressed by all of them for different reasons. Although I have to add - I can only compare those videos/screenshots on a 1440p display currently. So I might not see everything.
I want to double down on this. I was very impressed with Returnal and Ghostwire Tokyo and only after watching the 4k versions I see that native 4k sharpness and it is so so good!

I didn't get a PS4 Pro because although I could see the resolution boost over regular PS4 , the image quality wasn't that big improvement.

xacto

I want to double down on this. I was very impressed with Returnal and Ghostwire Tokyo and only after watching the 4k versions I see that native 4k sharpness and it is so so good!

I didn't get a PS4 Pro because although I could see the resolution boost over regular PS4 , the image quality wasn't that big improvement.

I also cannot really appreciate what 4K means, as I don't have a device available to output 4K, I am using my PS4 on a 1080p monitor. I was impressed with all the games presented, not because of graphics, because we all know they are and will be amazing, but because of what they bring story-wise and as new ways to implement the gameplay into a new generation.

The only way I could get a small glimpse, watched trailers on my laptop at 1440p, and still like that, it was more than amazing. But for me HZD was a little of the same, with more bling and some nice cherries on top, and I cannot wait to play it. What I really was amazed by was Kena, Project Athia, Ghostwire Tokyo, Returnal, those came out of nowhere for me, and I was really impressed.

And these were the games presented at the beginning of the generation.... this will be lit, way more than PS4 used to be in its heyday.

You know you solution for your machine is good when the people still thinking that videos we saw were CGI.

orRmPZe.jpg

uNr3n1o.jpg

43TEHxC.jpg

KpWbawc.gif

aErxQyW.gif

ezgif.com-optimize12bk1h.gif

Well I am finding out a lot of people do not have 4k Tv's or hi-res monitor/laptops. So they don't quite fully see the changes. PS studios can now tap into 4K fully & have great hardware to make games as they want.

Its only year 1 of next gen. We are in for a treat.

Neo Blaster

I see you, pal...

The third trilogy has got the impossible: it made the second look really good, despite Jar Jar Binks and Hayden Christensen.

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

Well I am finding out a lot of people do not have 4k Tv's or hi-res monitor/laptops. So they don't quite fully see the changes. PS studios can now tap into 4K fully & have great hardware to make games as they want.

Its only year 1 of next gen. We are in for a treat.
Showcasing 4k gaming has been a problem since PS4 Pro reveal, really difficult to make their point when the majority of people watching were doing it using a 1080p feed/device at most.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yes, I am too rough on PC to be honest. I used to game on PC and Ioved C&C, Ground Control, Operation Flashpoint, Homeworld and Jagged Alliance but I just fell out of it....

They stopped making all those kind of games. But PC is a great place for playing shooters and indies, no doubt.... as you said. Maybe one day I will try and get back into it seriously but right now I just don't have the time.

btw, is that you in the avatar? If so, I like your style! :messenger_winking_tongue:

xacto

Should we all go here?

As we are kinda split right now?

If I am going there and I will see the same trolls I see in every thread, trying hard to downplay what is plain to see by everyone, while there are talks of "amnesty" for said trolls, I'd rather stay here, and post stupid facts that maybe no one will read, but it doesn't matter that much at the end of the day.

As things tend to go from bad to worse, I am not hoping for much, so I guess I will stay here for a while, as I am pondering if I should be staying at all or leave.

sircaw

Banned
Larry Hagman, who played the role of J.R. Ewing in the show "Dallas" back in 1978.

He likes to take a lot of showers. That's kinda were he was killed, then it turned out to be a dream. He was a shrewd business man that everyone in town hated. He was always double crossing someone.

+ His wife loved to drink alot.

I hated his kid called John Ross (Jr Jnr) because he said Baseball is better than Cricket, Who wants to play a game that is named after a stupid Bug.

He had a secretary called Sly, the name fits with his persona. i thought she hot when growing up.

So with all this information.

Firstly we can conclude that i watched the entire series and believe me their were a lot of episodes.

Secondly anyone who uses this Type of Avatar/picture should have a close eye kept on him.

Last edited:

xacto

He likes to take a lot of showers. That's kinda were he was killed, then it turned out to be a dream. He was a shrewd business man that everyone in town hated. He was always double crossing someone.

+ His wife loved to drink alot.

I hated his kid called John Ross (Jr Jnr) because he said Baseball is better than Cricket, Who wants to play a game that is named after a stupid Bug.

He had a secretary called Sly, the name fits with his persona. i thought she hot when growing up.

So with all this information.

Firstly we can conclude that i watched the entire series and believe me their were a lot of episodes.

Secondly anyone who uses this Type of Avatar/picture should have a close eye kept on him.

I liked J.R the best from all that show; he kept it going. What does that say about me then, AND my avatar of a cat?

sircaw

Banned
I liked J.R the best from all that show; he kept it going. What does that say about me then, AND my avatar of a cat?

It shows you should of been in that shower instead of him, and it should not of been a dream.:messenger_beaming:

I agree though he was the highlight of that show just like Alexis was in Dynasty.

Last edited:

xacto

Probably any thread that praises anything at all about PS5 will get invaded by detractors, it's not like it will be forbidden for them to come in, but here's to hoping. It's a forum after all, and people are free to participate; but that participation will need to be monitored from a point onwards.

But oh well, that's not my job, and probably I am overstepping some boundaries now, so I will stop.

sircaw

Banned
Probably any thread that praises anything at all about PS5 will get invaded by detractors, it's not like it will be forbidden for them to come in, but here's to hoping. It's a forum after all, and people are free to participate; but that participation will need to be monitored from a point onwards.

But oh well, that's not my job, and probably I am overstepping some boundaries now, so I will stop.
Yer shut it Fleabag :messenger_beaming:

Top Bottom