• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PlayStation |OT| All Things PlayStation, No Limits

Bryank75

Banned

Closest to equivalent PC and price

X-570 motherboard: 190 Euro
GTX 2070 Super: 540 Euro
Ryzen 2600: 175 Euro
16GB DDR4 : 80 Euro
Nice Rig case: 190 Euro
NVME SSD 4.0: 189 Euro

Total: 1264 Euro (Without monitor, inputs, power supply, speakers / headphones etc)

Wichard explains PC SSD will not reach PS5 speeds for the foreseeable future, so the SSD is the best one I could find.

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

Don't know if this has been posted yet, so here it is for your consideration. To be taken with the proverbial grain of salt.

I have this feeling PS5 DE being $399 is Sony's solution to make people migrate fast to the next gen, cause they can benefit from PS Store exclusivity to regain subsiding costs.

Neo Blaster

Total: 1264 Euro (Without monitor, inputs, power supply, speakers / headphones etc)

Wichard explains PC SSD will not reach PS5 speeds for the foreseeable future, so the SSD is the best one I could find.

Without an equivalent SSD, the only way to put the GPU closer to the SSD is investing on a card with lots of VRAM.

xacto

That is a lot of money, if we translate the same kind of performance to Playstation 5 which is designed as a closed system, and very optimized for its job.

A PC with those specs is very expensive and only applies brute force; let alone the fact that you should run Windows OS on it, drivers, patches and updates that might break its usability even further.

xacto

I have this feeling PS5 DE being $399 is Sony's solution to make people migrate fast to the next gen, cause they can benefit from PS Store exclusivity to regain subsiding costs.

I think Sony is ready to lose a significant amount of money per console sold, just as they did with the PS4; also the fact that they believe in generations, they will really want to put out as many as possible in the hands of the players.

For me, that is a fair price for an amazing piece of hardware, and I, for one, am more than ready to move on from one system to the next.

Bryank75

Banned
I think Sony is ready to lose a significant amount of money per console sold, just as they did with the PS4; also the fact that they believe in generations, they will really want to put out as many as possible in the hands of the players.

For me, that is a fair price for an amazing piece of hardware, and I, for one, am more than ready to move on from one system to the next.
Losing money on a unit can be anything from a couple of euro up to 40 or 50 per unit. I do think they will manage this well... the CEO of Sony is an accountant afterall.

xacto

That's what I thought and they will kill at those prices. Very good value.

See my above post to see what a similar but (due to SSD) still inferior PC would cost.

Honestly, I was thinking Sony wouldn't go higher with the prices, unless they don't want to eat some losses on each unit sold. I haven't searched for the rest of the generations, I only know for sure that Sony lost money for each PS4 console sold, and I think they will do the same now, especially if Lockhart is real and it will undercut Sony very aggressively.

Of course, it will be a much weaker system, but a lot of people are thinking with their wallets, not with their hearts, as we do it in here 😁

xacto

I expect the 3080 card to make a bit of a difference at the top end next year but then a year or two later, we will have PS5 Pro...

Probably the price would be mind boggling too.

I think this is for the first time when PC's will play catch up with the consoles, not a position a PC gamer is used to. And they will catch up, but the price they will pay will be dear, and it will defy logic anyway.

Bryank75

Banned
Probably the price would be mind boggling too.

I think this is for the first time when PC's will play catch up with the consoles, not a position a PC gamer is used to. And they will catch up, but the price they will pay will be dear, and it will defy logic anyway.
And they will have no really great games anyway. Well, far less.... still waiting a year for Rockstar etc.

xacto

Losing money on a unit can be anything from a couple of euro up to 40 or 50 per unit. I do think they will manage this well... the CEO of Sony is an accountant afterall.

Probably that as they went deeper into the PS4 generation, they offset some of the losses, but it was definitely something they felt in their coffers.

sircaw

Banned

£ 399 is actually my limit and if it is this i will buy. I can not justify going over that unfortunately.
I hope that the full digital one is that price, if its not that ok i can wait.
I have 20 games i have not completed on my ps4 pro and i still love the machine.

But yer if its £500 i under stand why.

xacto

We should have a poll about which PS5 version people will get. In my case, I'll get the regular one, I have a lot of PS4 physical media(some of them unplayed backlog) and I benefit from trading my credit card mileage for discs, helps me a lot to get new releases day and date.

I'll get the disc version as well; I still have a lot of games on disc that I want to re-run on PS5. And in my personal case, in the past 4 years I've had an amazing internet connection, but there were times in life when I had to live in different locations/countries with not such a good internet connection. If that will happen again, the digital version might not cut it for me.

Last edited:

xacto

My 7 year old just beat Shadows of Yharnam and undead giant and the big dog thing today in Bloodborne... he is fighting the Merciless 3 now. I'm kinda scared of how good he is.... oh he just beat them now.

Well, your kid is a much, much better Bloodborne player than I am, that's for sure. I've done Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne and I thought I was a world class player, it was a lot of tears of frustration on my part. Definitely not my type of game, even though I love the art and the lore in that game.

sircaw

Banned
Well, your kid is a much, much better Bloodborne player than I am, that's for sure. I've done Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne and I thought I was a world class player, it was a lot of tears of frustration on my part. Definitely not my type of game, even though I love the art and the lore in that game.

I platinumed it and I got fins and i am almost 50 years old, What kind of cat are you. you guys are meant to be predators fs.

And i am Gona say it and i can get away with it.

PUSSY! :messenger_winking:

No hate intended.

xacto

I platinumed it and I got fins and i am almost 50 years old, What kind of cat are you. you guys are meant to be predators fs.

No hate intended.

When I thought I was a good player, I started with Dark Souls 2. Failed miserably. Then I persisted with DS 2 Scholar of the First Sin. Failed again. Then for a long period of time I wanted to get DS 3, as I read it's slightly more mainstream than the first ones, but when a DS player says that, it's not real, the game will be still hard as hell for a non-DS minded player like me.

So I ended up with Bloodborne, the easiest of them all, and I am still having trouble with it; so I guess it's time to admit that type of game is not for me.

But I will stay play Demon's Souls on PS5, just because I never learn. Maybe they will have an easy mode for losers like me 🤣

xacto

Yeah, I think it's coming but we have no official confirmation as far as I know..... I loved the first game.

For me is the game that I liked the most from PS3 era, I would replay it any time. Even if it's just a remaster, not a remake. I was so happy when I could go on and play RDR 2 with Marston.

sircaw

Banned
When I thought I was a good player, I started with Dark Souls 2. Failed miserably. Then I persisted with DS 2 Scholar of the First Sin. Failed again. Then for a long period of time I wanted to get DS 3, as I read it's slightly more mainstream than the first ones, but when a DS player says that, it's not real, the game will be still hard as hell for a non-DS minded player like me.

So I ended up with Bloodborne, the easiest of them all, and I am still having trouble with it; so I guess it's time to admit that type of game is not for me.

But I will stay play Demon's Souls on PS5, just because I never learn. Maybe they will have an easy mode for losers like me 🤣

Don't be to hard on yourself, if its any consolation i have died thousands of times while playing the souls games and alot of them are to dumb shit like falling of ledges or elevators.

I am really looking forward to thenew demon souls game but my reactions are pretty bad now, probably 6 bosses in or something and i will be like yer this ain't happening.

I have been threatening to run people over in car games but truth be told there is a reason i play single player games lol. Single player games make me feel like a God.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Mod of War Mod of War This thread sounds more fitting for all PS stuff, is it possible to take it to the gaming forums? That other one was more of a collective details about PS5, which is already released now. How you guys here think? I think this is more diverse and fitting as a PS meta.

ethomaz ethomaz Rusco Da Vino Rusco Da Vino FeiRR FeiRR Hawking Radiation Hawking Radiation thelastword thelastword MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima to mention some aren't aware of the thread.

Better have "Play Has No Limits" instead of the old slogan "For The Players" if it's possible.

Coulomb_Barrier Coulomb_Barrier MasterCornholio MasterCornholio Gamernyc78 Gamernyc78

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

No hate intended.

Hey, those texts you sent are hilarious by the way. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Interesting, the guy is a tech head, and talks about the old Pulse headset and this might have the rumble feature that it had back in the day! Timestamped at when he starts about Pulse 3D Wireless Headset

playstation-5-accessoires-pulse-3d-headset_large.jpg

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

Interesting, the guy is a tech head, and talks about the old Pulse headset and this might have the rumble feature that it had back in the day! Timestamped at when he starts about Pulse 3D Wireless Headset

I cant stand this dude at times. He's too, how do I say, bought. He will say anything positive for a sponsor or ad and I just am not a fan.

Oh are these not just outright bluetooth speakers. Also wonder if these are ever usable for casual music listening??

Last edited:
I beleive you can already do that with current PS headsets? That dangle should improve latency connection, also compatibility with PC.

Thanks. I never game with head/earphones. I grew up in a tough neighbourhood. So being on high alert is now ingrained in me. Headphone gaming is just not something I would do.

I can try it again with these .But if Im still paranoid I will use these headphones for the gym.

Platinums are coming up as £129 here in UK. These new ones going to probably going to cost £150.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Thanks. I never game with head/earphones. I grew up in a tough neighbourhood. So being on high alert is now ingrained in me. Headphone gaming is just not something I would do.

I can try it again with these .But if Im still paranoid I will use these headphones for the gym.

Platinums are coming up as £129 here in UK. These new ones going to probably going to cost £150.

They could as well be less, because 3D Audio doesn't use gimmicks like 5.1 Channel or 7.1 Channel. It only needs plain 2.0 channel stereo. But let's wait and see, and I feel sorry you've been through bad times, but hope you only see the better going forward.

They could as well be less, because 3D Audio doesn't use gimmicks like 5.1 Channel or 7.1 Channel. It only needs plain 2.0 channel stereo. But let's wait and see, and I feel sorry you've been through bad times, but hope you only see the better going forward.

Thanks for the info. appreciate it. The alert thing is just one of those things that will stick. But my life is good. I live in the suburbs now. I work ,make decent money, I get to play with all these toys etc,etc. We are lucky man .Compared to some people on the planet. We are lucky.

Shiiiiiiiittttt people cant even appreciate the games that were shown. The reveal. Awesome stuff.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Thanks for the info. appreciate it. The alert thing is just one of those things that will stick. But my life is good. I live in the suburbs now. I work ,make decent money, I get to play with all these toys etc,etc. We are lucky man .Compared to some people on the planet. We are lucky.

Shiiiiiiiittttt people cant even appreciate the games that were shown. The reveal. Awesome stuff.

Shit people are more concerned about the drama than enjoying their time and games. Exciting times ahead!

Top Bottom