• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PlayStation |OT| All Things PlayStation, No Limits

Iin4Cq8.png

Welcome to the new PlayStation official topic for NeoGAF. Credit to Evilore who has given me permission to re-boot the PlayStation official topic and continue to maintain the thread. This topic is designed to start discussions anew since the old topic has been out of commission for several months and many previous users are now banned or have migrated, leaving old discussions very difficult to continue. I wanted to get the topic back up and going and I will be responsible for it's upkeep going forwards.

Disclaimer, the OP is always subject to change. New projects announced, new studios acquired etc. Please enjoy!

5JpQrQC.png

SoZTqiz.png

SIE Bend Studio

Founded: 1993
Located: Bend, Oregon
Previous Works: Syphon Filter, Resistance: Retribution, Uncharted: Golden Abyss.
Current Project: Days Gone (Due for Release 26.04.2019)

9wPyv5i.png

Naughty Dog

Founded: 1984
Located: Santa Monica, California
Previous Works: Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, Uncharted & The Last of Us
Current Project: The Last of Us Part II (No current release date, 2nd team project unknown.)

AIxXG3l.png

PixelOpus

Founded: 2014
Located: San Mateo, California
Previous Works: N/A
Current Project: Concrete Genie

bezI69Y.png

SIE San Diego Studio

Founded: 2001
Located: San Diego, California
Previous Works: MLB: The Show
Current Project: Unknown (Rumoured to be an Uncharted title.)

K1GRnIp.png

SIE Santa Monica Studio

Founded: 1999
Located: Los Angeles, California
Previous Works: God of War Titles (Also worked as a co-developer on Twisted Metal, Warhawk, Starhawk, The Order 1886 etc.)
Current Project: Unknown

O02vdK7.png

Sucker Punch

Founded: 1997
Located: Bellevue, Washington
Previous Works: Sly Cooper, InFamous
Current Project: Ghost of Tsushima (No current release date)

Xpq8baJ.png

pkDwlGM.png

Guerrilla Games

Founded: 2000
Located: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Previous Works: Killzone, Horizon: Zero Dawn

cIB2iWu.png

SIE London Studio

Located: London, England
Previous Works: The Getaway, SingStar, PlayStation Home

tPX1VRg.png

SIE Manchester Studio

Founded: 2015
Located: Manchester, England
Previous Works: None

hmKttoT.png

Media Molecule

Founded: 2006
Located: Guildford, England
Previous Works: LittleBigPlanet, Tearaway
Current Project: Dreams

wshg9CH.png

SIE XDev Europe

Founded: 2000
Located: Liverpool, England
Previous Works: Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Heavy Rain

I2ihCbP.png

Foreward Works

Founded: 2016
Located: Tokyo, Japan
Previous Works: Hot Shots Golf, Wild Arms: Million Memories

Japan Studio

Previous Works: Gravity Rush, Knack, ICO, The Last Guardian
Current Project: Everybodys Golf! VR

Polyphony Digital

Founded: 1998
Previous Works: Motor Toon Racing, Gran Turismo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The OP is undergoing a big re-design as of 17.03.2019. Please give me some time to get it back up to scratch.

Last edited:

NahaNago

Cool, let's go i'm looking forward to seeing the Ghost of Tsushima. I was honestly hoping for the next infamous since I really enjoyed the last one and that is about it. I also really wish it's first party Japanese studio was larger since I would like larger more unique stuff from them. I do think what Sony had been releasing has been impressive, just not really my usual taste and Horizon Zero Dawn was surprisingly enjoyable for me.

Last edited:

God Enel

Absolutely nice OT. Thank you FF for the great work. When I see uncharted the golden abyss. I never played it. :(
And Resistance is some nostalgia inducing shit. The first one was such a great game, and the MP was superb.
I want all the baller MPs back. Cant say it enough Warhawk, KZ2 MP and Resistance 1 MP all 10/10!

RavageX

Absolutely nice OT. Thank you FF for the great work. When I see uncharted the golden abyss. I never played it. :(
And Resistance is some nostalgia inducing shit. The first one was such a great game, and the MP was superb.
I want all the baller MPs back. Cant say it enough Warhawk, KZ2 MP and Resistance 1 MP all 10/10!

Can you imagine a ps4 version of Warhawk? Not that rubbish sequel either.

I'm fine with space battles, but leave the base building and mech nonsense out.

Last edited:

Tarkus98

A kickass start for a to be historical thread! I had totally forgotten about Concrete Genie and that Naughty Dog had a 2nd team up and running on another IP. Also never heard of Blood & Truth.
Nice work OP and thanks for resurrecting this topic.

DonF

I know the OT is missing some studios, polyphony digital and studio japan instantly come to mind. Great Job.

Spheyr

Banned
I hope Days Gone is good. Too many lackluster releases have come recently, and that one looked like it was going to be fun

Nice, I wondered where that thread had gone...

Hopefully this list can get exhaustive (Second and Third Party Studios) and you will get some design help.

BANGS

Banned
Hope something Shenmue gets an appearance, whether it be the re-release or 3... preferably both...

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Please add Bloodborne and Dragon's Crown 2 OP.

Last edited by a moderator:

dolabla

Awesome! Hoping for a PS4 Pro price drop at E3. Not expecting it at all, but damn it would be nice.

Super pumped to see Resident Evil 2. No doubt my most anticipated game (that is rumored to be at E3).

Zewp

Lol, just found out that the reason my PS4 waits for me to start using it before updating some games is because it only automatically starts downloads in rest mode when you're a PS+ subscriber. And because my EU account has PS+, but my US one doesn't, my US account's games don't auto-update if updates release while the console is in rest mode.

This is honestly one of the shittiest things I've seen from PS4 yet. Paygating automatic updates. It seems everything to do with downloads on PS4 is just horrible. I really hope they fix this kind of shit in the next gen.

Toe-Knee

Lol, just found out that the reason my PS4 waits for me to start using it before updating some games is because it only automatically starts downloads in rest mode when you're a PS+ subscriber. And because my EU account has PS+, but my US one doesn't, my US account's games don't auto-update if updates release while the console is in rest mode.

This is honestly one of the shittiest things I've seen from PS4 yet. Paygating automatic updates. It seems everything to do with downloads on PS4 is just horrible. I really hope they fix this kind of shit in the next gen.
If you set the amount with plus to primary all accounts will get updates

Zewp

If you set the amount with plus to primary all accounts will get updates

It just happened to me again. The account is definitely set to primary, but when I got home just now and turned the PS4 on it started downloading updates for AC Odyssey and No Man's Sky.

It's been happening for a while and I'm not sure why it's not functioning properly anymore. If I had to take a rough guess I would say it's since my US PS+ ran out and I subbed on my German account. Luckily tonight was a small update, but sometimes I fire up the console at 9PM with the intention to play 30min or so, then end up waiting 10 -15 min for an update to download.

I should contact Sony, but they're probably just going to tell me to factory reset the whole thing. I hope they sort out their networking features for PS5 in general. I generally like my PS4, but pretty much all my PS4 complaints are related to network and internet. :(

Any PlayStation fans out there have Promo discs? I have a few of the Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza) promo discs from Europe. You can see some of my collection here:

I remember being told all promo discs have/had a debug mode but how does one get access to it?

crobb991

Banned
my only complaint with the ps4 is the wifi connection issues im having.

i have a relatively good internet connect but sometimes my ps4 says i have a download speed of less than 1mbs a second

to fix it i have to reset the consoles internet connection and test again, admittedly it doesnt take long but its still a pain in the arse

Zewp

my only complaint with the ps4 is the wifi connection issues im having.

i have a relatively good internet connect but sometimes my ps4 says i have a download speed of less than 1mbs a second

to fix it i have to reset the consoles internet connection and test again, admittedly it doesnt take long but its still a pain in the arse

Is that not perhaps part of the general download issues some people have been having lately? There's an issue where some people have to pause and resume their downloads otherwise they slow down to a crawl.

I've only experienced it once, but the other day my download went from 50mbs to about 2mbs and fixed itself when I paused and resumed the download.

crobb991

Banned
Is that not perhaps part of the general download issues some people have been having lately? There's an issue where some people have to pause and resume their downloads otherwise they slow down to a crawl.

I've only experienced it once, but the other day my download went from 50mbs to about 2mbs and fixed itself when I paused and resumed the download.

it could well be.... its not a major issue just slightly annoying

TFGB

A bit nerdy and geeky, but thought this would be a good place to share some of my PS paraphernalia that I’ve picked up over the last few years from my stint as a PS fanboy.

Shoved them in spoiler tags so as not to clog the page up with images.

PS Nik Naks
7X2avIo.jpg

Keyrings
LyjAZch.jpg
VFd0PGk.jpg

20th Anni steelbook
QaMLM5k.jpg

Cups n’ coasters
CNccpnt.jpg

Clobber - the VR gear was a competition prize from Sony HQ, London.
4u6YR4I_d.jpg
zQlGNQ8.jpg
PwZYx7L.jpg
ztgksLB.jpg

Colorware controllers
154206_full.jpg
154207_full.jpg
154208_full.jpg
154209_full.jpg

Received these goodies from Sony London for being the first person in the world to get the $ingstar Plat on PS4 lol.

IXo3ppr.jpg

More competition prizes: Uncharted 4 book & coin, and...erm...a Yarny.

Rpv9tj5.jpg
Uy5TZno.jpg

London Pride

DPZCIY7.jpg

Cheers for lookin’!

Last edited:

NahaNago

Those are some ugly sweaters. The yellow controller looked nice but the other two not so much. Were those really coasters?

crobb991

Banned
as a relatively new sony person... i had a ps1 but only just got ps4... i feel like ive missed loads of stuff

TFGB

All sweaters are supposed to be ugly. ;)
Yea all Xmas jumpers are supposed to be ugly as sin! Haven’t seen a pretty one yet.

The yellow controller looked nice but the other two not so much. Were those really coasters?
Beauty is in the eye and all that. Yep those are playstation coasters based on old PS1 games.

n3EeQ6c.jpg

I keep meaning to pick up the second set that took ages to emerge. :/

Last edited:

Zewp

Anyone else having issues with the last few updates? I'd say my issues started around the time 6.0 dropped. I've been experiencing the following:

• Updates don't start in Rest Mode. I've checked the settings multiple times and I just can't get it to work. I know PS4 only checks for updates once a day, but my updates always used to be finished by the time I got home. Now I always have to start up my PS4 the moment I get home to ensure it runs updates. I saw some people on Reddit saying one of the recent updates broke automatic updates in Rest mode, but that was apparently fixed shortly after too. Maybe they changed what time consoles in my country check for updates?
  • Interface has been getting slower with every update and sometimes it just outright crashes back to the Dashboard when I'm in the store.
  • The console doesn't respect notification settings. I have all popup notifications switched off, and it works for the most part. I still get popups whenever something is finished downloading, though.

I can't be the only one, surely? I'm really worried that I'm going to have to rebuild the database, as I don't feel like setting up three accounts again and redownloading roughly 1TB of games. It's going to take me all week. :messenger_sad_relieved:

Welcome all 'Gaffers, I am currently re-vamping the OP and hoping to be far more active. How is the new OP design stacking up so far? What are you enjoying on your PlayStation at the moment? And does anyone have any information on upcoming Sony projects/announcements?

mejin

Design is fine and maybe you should have a section for the games coming from the playstation china hero project.

Ian Henry

Ah, thanks for the clarification.
No problem

Anyways, I hope we will see the return of Killzone, Infamous, Little Big Planet, Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, Ape Escape, SOCOM, Syphon Filter, and Resistance.

If God Of War can have reinvention then any of these franchises can. In Fact, what do you guys think of new ideas that should be implemented for these franchises?

Tarkus98

No problem

Anyways, I hope we will see the return of Killzone, Infamous, Little Big Planet, Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, Ape Escape, SOCOM, Syphon Filter, and Resistance.

If God Of War can have reinvention then any of these franchises can. In Fact, what do you guys think of new ideas that should be implemented for these franchises?
The dual stick controls in Ape Escape was a thing of beauty.
Can’t really think of ways to improve the franchises you mentioned but here are a few more I would like to see them bring forward.
A new G-Force or Colony Wars (for VR would be awesome). A new Mark of Kri and an updated Motor Toon and Omega Boost.
They have soo many buried franchises that would look and play so well on new systems.
Oh, and Primal- yes please.

Ian Henry

The dual stick controls in Ape Escape was a thing of beauty.
Can’t really think of ways to improve the franchises you mentioned but here are a few more I would like to see them bring forward.
A new G-Force or Colony Wars (for VR would be awesome). A new Mark of Kri and an updated Motor Toon and Omega Boost.
They have soo many buried franchises that would look and play so well on new systems.
Oh, and Primal- yes please.
Sounds fire

Added banners for Pixel Opus, San Diego and Santa Monica. Can't find the images I want to create what I envision so I'm having to make do.

Doesn’t Santa Monica also have the I.C.E. Team or is that Japan? Is there an I.C.E. Team?

Naughty Dog house the I.C.E team but I'm unsure whether to add them into the mix or not as they're not a studio per-se. XDev actually house developers that work on projects in Europe, highly capable staff with years of experience. ICE stands for Initiative for a Common Engine and they really develop technology and tools, not so much games.

I can't wait to see what the Visual Arts Studio contributes and if they're going to add another studio to the mix.

Tarkus98

Added banners for Pixel Opus, San Diego and Santa Monica. Can't find the images I want to create what I envision so I'm having to make do.

Naughty Dog house the I.C.E team but I'm unsure whether to add them into the mix or not as they're not a studio per-se. XDev actually house developers that work on projects in Europe, highly capable staff with years of experience. ICE stands for Initiative for a Common Engine and they really develop technology and tools, not so much games.

I can't wait to see what the Visual Arts Studio contributes and if they're going to add another studio to the mix.
Fair enough and thx for the clarification.

bitbydeath

Great work OP.
Was tempted to make one myself but time is always an issue.

You’ll probably want to have separate sections for upcoming VR exclusives and maybe even PlayLink games like Erica.

Third parties are a bit trickier to find as some announcements go under the radar like Supermassive noting they have several exclusives on the way. Although no titles have yet been announced.

No new announcements since 2017 PGW, no E3, 2017 E3 had no new announcements, no PSX, 5 Exclusives going to PC in the span of one month is the biggest playstation news all year

what a pathetic leadership. literally two years without a single new game announced. the same games that we are looking forward today have been the same games since 2016. mind you ghost of tsushima was revealed in 2017 and thats about it

absolutely pathetic. I hope shawn layden gets fired eventually. him and kodera. what a bunch of fuckers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom