• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PC games, recommendations please

Thought, why not see for myself about Sony games, without buying a PS4/5. Just playing on PC with my Xbox elite 2 controller and what can be purchased to play solo. I'm happy to buy and get through say 3 games and $100-150 budget probably between now and XMAS-ish.

Which 3 Sony PC games should I buy and play via Steam? I'm thinking UNCHARTED: legacy of thieves collection, God of War and Journey. Just for some personal context I have no interest in Death Stranding or Anime games (really like Akira etc but just don't play those style of games really). I haven't owned a Playstation since One/PS2 and really haven't touched any PS5 games. The kid in me wants a modern gen remake/sequel to the original Destruction Derby and dad in me doesn't want to talk about that travesty Destruction Allstars. Currently running a win10, Rysen 2700X, RTX2070 Super, SSD, 32Gb HyperX so not expecting any real major issues with mid-performance or mid-quality settings from these older titles. I need to get some mileage out of this mid-rig I mistakenly upgraded in readiness for Star Citizen some years ago. Silly me. Also time to upgrade the rig next year, hopefully like what Sony has from the old PC library and get some new Sony PC games next year too, I'd wait for them on sale after some time though.

I'll update this thread with the games I'm playing and hopefully some screens or clips to go with some comments. First game run through to start this week.

Spiderman and GOW 10/10.
The rest are meh for now.

Especially Spiderman with mods.

Spiderman is on PC? How did I not know this. It's probably the biggest Sony title my son and I like. I didn't see it on Steam, better look harder a second time. Cheers.

Mods for Sony games, I also did not click. Probably best saved for a second playthrough etc.

Last edited:
1. God of War
2. Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
3. Spider-man
4. Horizon Zero Dawn

I'm so iffy on Horizon. I'm just not into the art style I think. Same goes for Ark games. Son loves em, I just don't.

Spidey is AUD$94.95 via steam.

CDKeys has it @ AUD$55.59. A reputable place to buy Steam keys? It's been a while for this old man.

Last edited:
I'm so iffy on Horizon. I'm just not into the art style I think. Same goes for Ark games. Son loves em, I just don't.

CDKeys has it @ AUD$55.59. A reputable place to buy Steam keys? It's been a while for this old man.

3rd party keys aren't worth the risk. People buy them with credit cards they've stolen and sell the keys to websites like CDKeys, who then sell to you. Consider what would happen in the event of a chargeback, when their bank files a scam case against Steam

Last edited:
3rd party keys aren't worth the risk. People buy them with credit cards they've stolen and sell the keys to websites like CDKeys, who then sell to you. Consider what would happen in the event of a chargeback, when their bank files a scam case against Steam
Thanks. Is there any official/reputable sources etc? Who'd say no to a discount?

FrozenFlame

True but that's not the case with CDKeys (there isn't any username next to the games being sold). If I remember correctly, CDKeys purchases the game cheaper from other regions and/or physical and then sell them for profit. Never had any issues or heard anyone complaining about it. Now, if it's "morally" wrong, eh...

Ywap

1: Days Gone
1: God of War
1: Horizon Zero Dawn

All three are must-play titles imo. Spiderman didn't click for me so i can't really recommend it when you can play a better version of the formula instead. ----> (Arkham Knight)

1: Days Gone
1: God of War
1: Horizon Zero Dawn

All three are must-play titles imo. Spiderman didn't click for me so i can't really recommend it when you can play a better version of the formula instead. ----> (Arkham Knight)

Interesting, I played the one before that I think and found I was "over it" by about 75%.

Lasha

I've used CDKeys for quite some time without any issue. I also use Kinguin on occasion. As others have said, there is a risk of the key being deactivated if it was fraudulently obtained by CDKeys. The risk is relatively low and your overall savings offset the cost of replacing a lost game over a long term.

Be sure to read all of the fine print carefully when dealing with a keyseller. Make sure that the key you are buying can be activated in the region where you live. Double check that all languages are included. Look for any unusual verbiage or other red flags which indicate a potential scam. Gravitate towards established sellers with a high volume of transactions. Pay with Paypal to make use of their buyer protections on intangible goods.

cHaOs667

I would say, just “wait” for sales. Except for GoW, they are not hugely successful according to Steam Charts.

GoW, 24hrs: 17655, all-time peak: 73529
Horizon, 24hrs: 3975, all-time peak: 49582
Uncharted, 24hrs: 3271, all-time peak: 10733
Spiderman, 24hrs: 5779, all-time peak: 66093
Sackboy: 24hrs: 275, all-time peak: 592

I scored Horizon for 15 Euro last week on a key reseller, Uncharted is being gifted away right now with AMD Ryzen CPUs etc.

Don't get me wrong, the numbers don't reflect the quality of the games, nor the ports, but I would not buy them for their Retail prices.

Edit: It's easy to forget Days gone, 24hrs: 5321, all-time peak: 27380

Last edited:

tommib

Soon…

TeHJF2.jpg

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Like CDKeys?
You are directly naming CDKeys when CDKeys is actually one of those third party sites that DOESNT steal credit cards.
I havent heard anything bad about CDKeys and ive been using them forever.
All my buddies use CDKeys for XBL/PSN codes never had a bad card never had a chargeback.

Do you have any articles condemning CDKeys specifically?

Thanks. Is there any official/reputable sources etc? Who'd say no to a discount?
Dont listen to him.
ive been using CDKeys for near a decade and have had no issues and know of no one who has ever had issues with them.

winjer

Gold Member
I use https://gg.deals/
It gathers all videogame deals, and let's us choose to have only official stores, or also key shops.
It lists all deals, history prices, has wishlists, can sort by DRM, list current discount codes, etc.

And in the case of key shops, it ranks then with a risk factor. So the user knows what he is getting into.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

CDKeys is fine.

Greenmangaming, Fanatical, Humble, etc are authorized key sellers.

Shit sites like Kinguin where keys are sold by individuals are the shady ones to avoid. Any site that sells you insurance for your keys isn’t to be used.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Days Gone is pretty good, and runs beautifully. I think CDkeys is selling it for just over $10.

I bought my key from them a while back.

Jesus people are still peddling this garbage against cdkeys, ignore this.
Ignore him, zero clue what he is talking about.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

ROFL

dude that's not how this works at all, I have bought from "grey market" sellers for well over a decade and have NEVER had a key recalled, and that's the main point here "recalled"

You can't buy steam keys from steam (anyone who uses the platform knows this) you can only buy game access to your account or directly gift it to anouther through steam. A steam key is only from a third party seller like green man gaming or Humble store, meaning the most someone can do is recall the steam key, you get a notification when this happens, there is no "strike" against the steam account, no charge back process, access to the title is simply removed. We know this because Ubisoft when they where still on steam started this "grey market key's are bad" and recalled a bunch of Rainbow Six keys WAAAAAAAAAAY back in the day.

An overwhelming majority of the keys are taking advantage of the EU regulations that essentially state you cant stop someone buying from Poland from Germany and locking there key off as its a free market without borders within the EU, this is why you no longer see steam keys that day "restricted to PL only" like you did back in the day. Of course SOME will be using stolen credit cards, no doubt but there is a huge legitimate business here that only benefits the consumer by using the regional pricing diffrences and legally reselling them to other member states (which is why keys are often restricted to EU only to stop people outside the free market taking advantage of this)

But there will never be a charge back or whatever through your bank, it would go through the third party seller and the account that bought the key from that, which I would point out will not be you the buyer. The only detriment is that you lose access, which sucks but as long as you keep to the high rating sellers I don't see how your going to bump into that.

Last edited:

TrueLegend

God of War: Play as you like, shadows are most taxing in settings offer much higher imorovements over PS5, It does have memory leak issues but you wont see its effects if you have 16gb ram otherwise you will get stutter in Lake of Nine. You may need to increase your pagefile if you wanna play at native 4k without the possibility of extremely minor texture bugs or shimmering.

Spiderman Remastered: Use ITGI, I didnt like RT reflections in this game contrary to popular opinion but thats very personal choice, if you wanna play with RT maxed out 3070 is gonna pose problem, you need 3080 or 90 as there is memory leak in this port.

Horizon Zero Dawn: Don't Use DLSS, if you do not have a card with 12 gb vram, try medium-high textures because there is a low res texture bug that will bother you a lot if you set it to ultra at 1440p or 4k, again some memory leak issues.

I Play on 4K. A lot of these port issues are more relevant on higher resolution like 4K

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Played most of then and imo the only game worth it is God of War, that one was quite a fun trip. All the rest felt quite mediocre to me, specially Horizon.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I really enjoyed Horizon and Spiderman, God of War was a notch below and Uncharted was below that. Days Gone, I guess I need to give it another try but I didn’t like it.

Ghost of Tsushima is the real good shit though, I am sure it will hit PC eventually but who knows when.

Last edited:

sainraja

Thought, why not see for myself about Sony games, without buying a PS4/5. Just playing on PC with my Xbox elite 2 controller and what can be purchased to play solo. I'm happy to buy and get through say 3 games and $100-150 budget probably between now and XMAS-ish.

Which 3 Sony PC games should I buy and play via Steam? I'm thinking UNCHARTED: legacy of thieves collection, God of War and Journey. Just for some personal context I have no interest in Death Stranding or Anime games (really like Akira etc but just don't play those style of games really). I haven't owned a Playstation since One/PS2 and really haven't touched any PS5 games. The kid in me wants a modern gen remake/sequel to the original Destruction Derby and dad in me doesn't want to talk about that travesty Destruction Allstars. Currently running a win10, Rysen 2700X, RTX2070 Super, SSD, 32Gb HyperX so not expecting any real major issues with mid-performance or mid-quality settings from these older titles. I need to get some mileage out of this mid-rig I mistakenly upgraded in readiness for Star Citizen some years ago. Silly me. Also time to upgrade the rig next year, hopefully like what Sony has from the old PC library and get some new Sony PC games next year too, I'd wait for them on sale after some time though.

I'll update this thread with the games I'm playing and hopefully some screens or clips to go with some comments. First game run through to start this week.
I am really enjoying Ragnorak right now so I would say go with the first God of War. Uncharted collection is pretty good too! So you can't go wrong with those.

If you are looking for something a bit different and like platformers, get Sackboy Adventure. It's pretty good and gets challenging in later levels once you get used to the key mechanics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom